"I Don't Know How I'm Going To Be In It" - Lance Henriksen Talks Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 10, 2016, 11:10:58 PM

Author
"I Don't Know How I'm Going To Be In It" - Lance Henriksen Talks Alien 5 (Read 20,238 times)

Corporal Hicks

Lance Henriksen talks Alien 5. In a short interview with IGN, Lance Henriksen makes a few comments regarding Neill Blomkamp’s currently stalled Alien 5. While talking to the veteran Alien actor about his upcoming role in Legends of Tomorrow, IGN prompted a couple of comments from Henriksen about Alien 5:

“You know they’re going to make another one. It picks up right where Aliens ended. I don’t know if I’m going to be in a baggie or how I’m going to be in it.”

Lance Henriksen talks Alien 5, revealing he doesn't know how he'll be appearing in the new film.

Lance Henriksen talks Alien 5, revealing he doesn’t know how he’ll be appearing in the new film.

Unlike Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn, Henriksen hasn’t been contacted about reprising his role as Bishop in Neill Bomkamp’s alternate Alien 3. Judging from his comments with IGN it would appear he hasn’t seen a script or been spoken to about it but he expresses confidence in Blomkamp’s abilities:

“Blomkamp is a really wonderful, wonderful writer. I have a feeling that if he did it, it would be something spectacular. And there’s an audience for it.”

The status of Blomkamp’s Alien 5 is still unknown. The last we heard Alien 5 would be waiting for Alien: Covenant’s release but that it could also be delayed by Weaver and Blomkamp’s commitment to other projects.

Stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for all the latest news and information on Alien 5! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

g2vd

"Lance Henriksen talks Alien 5, revealing you doesn't know how he'll be in the new film."

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!.

Corporal Hicks

windebieste

Sure.  We'll see an 'ALIEN 5'; and Blomkamp will direct it.  I'm all for it but it will be a very different movie to anything that's currently been proposed. 

After all...  "It picks up right where Aliens ended (but we're all 30 years older)." just doesn't even make sense.

Would have been Great - in 1988. 

-Windebieste.

g2vd

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 10, 2016, 11:19:41 PM
Sorted. Damn it.  :D
You doesn't know what you have done Hicks YOU DOESN'T KNOW!

XENOMORPHOSIS

My issue is if he is involved don't use him as a back ground plot that just inserted for fan service, f**king utilise Lance skills as an actors to portray Bishop, the always dependable android. Also will they use make up/digital technology to de-age his appearance to resemble how he looked in Aliens or will there be an explanation of why an android looks older?

"I may be synthetic but I'm nut stupid."

Xenomorphine

The budget they'd need to make him look younger with CGI could be too prohibitive. Maybe they'd have it so that his software is uploaded to a model with legs which has been so damaged it's about to be trashed, then he could have Hicks-like prosthetic damage covering his face.

windebieste

Bishop - the Octogenarian Android.  This is gonna be a hoot!

Stupid retcon is stupid.

-Windebieste.

dinosauriac

Even as someone who enjoys the occasional re-watch of AVP, I still think Bishop's line from Alien 3 kinda sums up the situation the franchise has been in for the better part of two decades...

"I can be reworked, but I'll never be top of the line again"

Lance is a nice guy and he's been generous about coming back time after time, but at this point I think it's best to just leave these characters to rest instead of twisting them further.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: dinosauriac on Nov 11, 2016, 04:00:16 AM
Even as someone who enjoys the occasional re-watch of AVP, I still think Bishop's line from Alien 3 kinda sums up the situation the franchise has been in for the better part of two decades...

"I can be reworked, but I'll never be top of the line again"

Lance is a nice guy and he's been generous about coming back time after time, but at this point I think it's best to just leave these characters to rest instead of twisting them further.

This.

whiterabbit

Alien 5 is going to end up being Ghostbusters 2016. Old ass cameos!

Chris!(($$))!

I like that Henriksen is enthusiastic about it...

BUT... I still they rather do a new story with new characters.

Ash 937

They should just CGI a younger version of Lance because robots don't age. Then they can hire him to provide the voice work.

Richman678

The Alien retcon just seems like a bad idea to me. We got to wait and see what happens in Covenant first.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

With Charles Weyland, I don't think it's impossible to have him back as Michael Bishop again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed