'The Predator' Does Not Take Place in the Suburbs

Started by goose_3387, Nov 06, 2016, 07:03:38 AM

Author
'The Predator' Does Not Take Place in the Suburbs (Read 13,672 times)

goose_3387

goose_3387

http://collider.com/the-predator-suburbs/

Quote'The Predator' Does Not Take Place in the Suburbs

Interest in the new Predator movie has been high for some time now, especially with Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Iron Man 3, and The Nice Guys writer/director Shane Black at the helm. And with production gearing up to begin in February in Vancouver, more details are starting to trickle out. We know that Boyd Holbrook (Narcos) is poised to star in the film, and last week we learned that Olivia Munn (Magic Mike, The Newsroom) is now in talks to join the ensemble. Included in THR's report on Munn's casting was the claim that The Predator will take place in the suburbs. However, Black himself reached out to tell us that is not the caseā€”The Predator is not a movie about the suburbs.

There was reason to believe THR's report given Black's knack for subverting expectations, but it appears that they (or their sources) were mistaken. Details for the film are being kept firmly under wraps, but when the movie hits theaters on February 9, 2018, don't expect any suburban "Predator lurking in rich, fancy swimming pools" scenes.

Infected

I heard it is gonna be a movie with small video's and the predator reads camp story near the camp fire,
on how he did things.

Corporal Hicks

Glad to see Black come out and shoot that down with Collider too. Always thought that was an odd comment considering what Dekker had said about the scope of the film, anyway.

HuDaFuK

I'm glad it's not gonna be in suburbia. Seems like far too mundane a setting for it.

Trepanator

Trepanator

I really would LOVE to see a predator hunting in the Middle East. Fighting American and Arabic soldiers would be an insane concept.

Daz1999

Well that's a relief, would of been a waste , going to be interesting to see how multiple locations plays out , I wonder if that means multiple predators

serbip1

I'm so impatient about this movie

Whiskeybrewer

Then we find out there is one scene in the suburbs, just not the whole film lol

Chris P

He also tweeted something about Dekker but also quickly deleted it, did anyone manage to grab a screen cap of it? Not sure why he would tweet something, delete it and reiterate it for Collider. Anyways, I had hopped on it last week at Predator4-Movie.com but not many took notice.

Corporal Hicks

It was put across much more professionally with Collider. The tweet was somewhat sarcastic. Besides, they're a reputable and long serving site with an established relationship with Shane Black anyway so a great deal of Black related news comes from them.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Not to sound disrespecting to AVPR, we know its reputation, I wasn't angered a great deal about the setting, but the movie never took advantage of it to its full potential, now granted they could portray a Alien Predator invasion on a global scale as the presence of the Aliens assistance would contradict everything established in the original Alien film 

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Stoked about it being not soley in the burbs *wipes forehead*

DaddyYautja

ok, now tell us Olivia Munn isnt being used and we will all be cool.

Kurai

Yeah, I've always felt that the new Predator movie would take place in the Middle East. It's what I expected for Predator 3, instead we got a new planet, which was cool, but they didn't really have the budget to go very far with it. Middle East would have been a great place to "test the waters" for the Predator franchise and could have been pulled off and done well on a tight budget pretty easily.

What's the status on Predator 4's budget? To be an "Event Film", I imagine it would be pretty high. I hope we get a global hunt, a Predator not content to remain in a single location, or the main characters tracking a Predator accross the globe, studying the carnage left in its' wake to try and guess where it will strike next and thus head it off.

The Joker

The film being set in only a suburban setting never really made any sense.

I think the film will have multiple settings/perspectives. A middle eastern setting would be sweet, but I don't see that happening, though Holbrook as a soldier who's team is hunted while in war would have made for an awesome film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed