Predator: Celtic Days

Started by Celtic Days, Nov 03, 2016, 08:54:40 PM

Author
Predator: Celtic Days (Read 9,743 times)

Celtic Days

Celtic Days

Quote from: NeoXenoPred on Jul 24, 2017, 01:04:51 AM
Looking good, man! I hope your fan film get good reviews from the people on YouTube
Cheers. I hope so to. Not only for me, but altogother there was give or take hundred people working on this project. From Ireland, Poland, Scotland, Denmark to USA, Mexico and India. A lot of work, passion and effort went to it.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 24, 2017, 08:17:15 AM
Looks interesting. Keen to see the finished product!
We're screening in Ireland next month. 5th of August in Clonmel, Tipperary and 12 & 13 of August at the Dublin ComiCon. Pop in if You're around.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Celtic Days on Jul 24, 2017, 05:54:02 PM
We're screening in Ireland next month. 5th of August in Clonmel, Tipperary and 12 & 13 of August at the Dublin ComiCon. Pop in if You're around.

I'm just across the pond. I'll have to wait for the YouTube debut, I'm afraid.

Celtic Days

Celtic Days

UK or France?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Celtic Days is going live on YouTube on the 9th of November.

Celtic Days

Celtic Days

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 26, 2017, 03:11:20 PM
Celtic Days is going live on YouTube on the 9th of November.
Yes. 30th anniversary of original Predator hiting cinemas in UK. Wanted to do it for 30th anniversary of premiere in Ireland, but I do not want to wait until January 2018 ;-)

Hi guys. "Celtic Fears". Song promoting Predator Celtic Days movie. Take a look and let me know what do You think of it.

Celtic Days

Celtic Days

Here is 2nd trailer.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Celtic Days on Oct 29, 2017, 11:50:10 AM
Hi guys. "Celtic Fears". Song promoting Predator Celtic Days movie. Take a look and let me know what do You think of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgKrSRaJO6w
I really enjoyed the official video to Predator Celtic Days.  That was a good tease of what's to come.

Celtic Days

Celtic Days

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 02, 2017, 02:18:11 PM
Quote from: Celtic Days on Oct 29, 2017, 11:50:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgKrSRaJO6w
I really enjoyed the official video to Predator Celtic Days.  That was a good tease of what's to come.
Good. Just got an email from Barcelona film fest, that tis trailer is in official selection at this Film Festival ;-)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteThis is it folks.
Tonight at 8PM. Predator goes to hunt.
#YouTube will go mad and Predator Celtic Days goes LIVE !!!
So we have a competition for You.
First 3 people to comment below our movie (after 8 pm of course) on YouTube will recive our T-Shirts completly FREE of charge.
So at 8PM go to our channel, watch & comment to get a t-shirt and remember...go to da comment section !!!

Looking forward to giving this a watch when I get home tonight.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I saw the movie got posted last night but didn't get chance to watch it. Looks like they've had their account taken down...

QuoteThis account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations.

:-\

Celtic Days

Celtic Days

What a joke. Working on getting it back.
Any of You had an issue like that before?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's not unknown for Fox to have films shut down but the creators are usually issued a C&D and it tends to only be when the project is similar to something Fox are doing officially. Probably a YouTube algorithm getting something wrong.

Stitch

Stitch

Well, that's disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing it. Does look like a YouTube algorithm screw-up, though. Hope it gets sorted!

Celtic Days

Celtic Days

It's back. Movie is on You Tube and Vimeo. Maybe YT won't take it down third time. That's why it's age restricted this time around on YT. But on Vimeo is avalaible w/o a hustle. So watch it and let me know what do You think.

https://vimeo.com/250049672

Stitch

Stitch

Just watched it. Well done!

On the whole it's pretty good. Feels a little rushed, but that's to be expected of a short film based on a feature.

Here are a few things I thought of while watching:

• I liked the name references but thought that the kid with the apple was a bit too on the nose.
  • The spoken intro I think was unnecessary, and could have been explained in the story, leaving the wonderful Sam Raimi style tracking shot unbroken.
  • The video side was mostly really good, though there were some freaking issues in the tracking shots. I'm also felt that there were too many tracking shots, and they could have been broken up with inserts.
  • The audio side was also really good, in general,
    though there were some scenes with very noticeable ADR where the lip syncing didn't quite match up.

These are nitpicks more than anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning as feedback. It's very impressive, especially for a fan film, and I hope that more people get to see it, now that it's back up on YouTube!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed