Olivia Munn In Talks To Join The Predator Cast!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 03, 2016, 06:14:22 PM

Author
Olivia Munn In Talks To Join The Predator Cast! (Read 31,245 times)

BishopShouldGo

She likes to have fun. The Dark Knight Rises, Rio, Alice in Wonderland, Ocean's Eight.

Oc

She wasn't in Dark Knight Rises.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: Oc on Nov 03, 2016, 08:36:05 PM
She wasn't in Dark Knight Rises.

Thye're talking about Anne Hathaway, who played Selina Kyle/Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises.

The Joker

The Joker

She wasn't that bad in Deliver Us From Evil, but hopefully she doesn't get too much screen time. Her being cast as a scientist is pretty intriguing because maybe there is a part of the plot that revolves around people testing the Predator or it's DNA, which could be a new perspective.

As for the suburban part, I'm not too sure about it, but the fact that Shane Black has cited Close Encounters (similar setting) as a film that he will borrow elements from, I think he may have something very unique up his sleeve.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 03, 2016, 07:43:08 PM
Suburbia... Well.. you could say that we did that with Requiem already.  :-\

The location heavily populated/civilization is risky with these movies, in Requiem the Xenos stuck to the sewers only occasionally popping out of bushes jumping into people's houses through the windows, fighting the national guard, while the Predator wolf moderately remained in stealth to avoid exposure.

Bringing the attention to the existence of these creatures on a global scale was something the filmmakers couldn't go through with without contradict the Alien series with only few knowing of the Xeno's, only the military and Yutani Industries was aware of the Gunnision county Xeno invasion. Its a mild thing to nip pick that we didn't see Alien Predator unleashed upon a large populace area seeing mayhem and destruction, but as stated before this would contradict the series of only a few being aware of these creature's existence.

In Predator 2 they had they smart approach of Government officials know of their existence, as your aware they expand upon this in the EU. Having a full exposure of the Predator race's existence to mankind while would be ambitious it would however loose the mystery and dread, the urban legend quality the Predator lure evokes.

Infected

Predator 2 had an awesome real setting, i liked it.
If you level that up, yeah i think you can have an action packed movie.
Going to the jungle again would be to much of the same.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

But seriously, imagine if that rumored logline was true. Seeing something like a kid discover a dusty plasmacaster in his dad's closet could be really powerful.

I'm guessing the kid turns on the piece of equipment and this alerts the predator.

Xan21

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Nov 03, 2016, 09:12:56 PM
But seriously, imagine if that rumored logline was true. Seeing something like a kid discover a dusty plasmacaster in his dad's closet could be really powerful.

I'm guessing the kid turns on the piece of equipment and this alerts the

I'm guessing the kid turns on the piece of equipment and this alerts the predator.

Ugh I hate it already

BishopShouldGo

Predator_Spirit

Predator got nards ? :D

whiterabbit

Damn I didn't realize how old Olivia Munn is but I guess she can still play the smoking hot babysitter or the actual Predator.

RakaiThwei

My God, the negativity of some Facebook groups is... Ugh.

Master

So no desert? Shame. P2 worked in urban environment perfectly,  I hope P4 works too.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Nov 03, 2016, 10:30:21 PM
So no desert? Shame. P2 worked in urban environment perfectly,  I hope P4 works too.

I was hoping for a desert too. Or a pinewood forest.. I dunno!

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: Xan21 on Nov 03, 2016, 09:45:11 PM

I'm guessing the kid turns on the piece of equipment and this alerts the

Ugh I hate it already

Admittedly it does come across like that scene in Ironman 3 where the kid opens the door of the shed allowing Tony's armor to fly away. Then again if handled the right away it could evoke an eerie foreboding-ness of such a small insignificant act of a child touching he's shouldn't thus setting off devastating consequences.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed