Harry Gregson-Williams No Longer Scoring Alien: Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 31, 2016, 07:10:43 AM

Author
Harry Gregson-Williams No Longer Scoring Alien: Covenant? (Read 36,640 times)

BishopShouldGo

Which is hilarious. What have you got going on Harry that is better than a Ridley Alien?

Kurai

I can't see that the moons will ever allign in this fashion, but I'd love to hear John Williams compose an Alien movie score.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 03, 2016, 03:28:39 PM
Quote from: BonesawT101 on Nov 03, 2016, 03:25:12 PM
Scheduling conflicts then.

Certainly seems like! Now...

I await the news of who is taking over the reins!

Thanks Corp. 8)

Ingwar

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Nov 03, 2016, 03:35:57 PM
Which is hilarious. What have you got going on Harry that is better than a Ridley Alien?

Exactly. New Blade Runner, Star Wars and Alien:Covenant are the most anticipated Sci-Fi movies of 2017. I don't buy this schedule thing. Smells fishy to me. Especially when HGW says: "(...) one's expectations of scoring a film don't always fit". Whose expectations? His? Ridley's? Fox's? Strange.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 03, 2016, 01:39:18 PM
Unless he's been holding out on us, no. I did nearly get him onto the set but that fell through.  :'(

I'm curious on how you were going to contrive that.

Kurai

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 03, 2016, 04:46:02 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Nov 03, 2016, 03:35:57 PM

Exactly. New Blade Runner, Star Wars and Alien:Covenant are the most anticipated Sci-Fi movies of 2017. I don't buy this schedule thing. Smells fishy to me. Especially when HGW says: "(...) one's expectations of scoring a film don't always fit". Whose expectations? His? Ridley's? Fox's? Strange.

I'm pretty sure that if it involved creative differences then he'd just come out and say it, it's fairly common practice these days. Scheduling issues could also mean personal life events, not just work. He may have had projects he was supposed to have finished that ended up boiling over into the time he'd need to set aside for Covenant, or commitments which he didn't think would impact his work that ended up doing so.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 03, 2016, 04:52:23 PM
Unless he's been holding out on us, no. I did nearly get him onto the set but that fell through.  :'(

I'm curious on how you were going to contrive that.

Through PR.

g2vd

I blame Bishop for this.

XENOMORPHOSIS

An obscure example but the composer of the Amazing Spider-Man James Horner had confessed "Before his unfortunate passing" that he refused to do the music for the sequel Amazing Spider-Man 2 because in his words "the film was all action and just awful" Hope that's not the case with this film, showing signs that its less than stella and unhappy to be involved. Hope that's not the case with this film.

Protozoid

It used to be more common, perhaps, for a tentpole to have its score replaced. I read somewhere that this was commonly the first step in major post-production revisions. See also: The 13th Warrior, Troy, Timeline, and even 2001: A Space Odyssey. There is also Ridley's own Legend and, to a lesser extent, Alien and Prometheus, to consider. All of these were re-jiggered not because of the schedule, but because either the studio or Ridley didn't like the score.

Necronomicon II

Figures, ah well hopefully Ridley will find someone awesome.

SiL

Why did you remind me :'(

BishopShouldGo

There's always the next Alien.

Necronomicon II

Who wrote this on Wiki? It's bullshit speculation (underlined) -

"Harry Gregson-Williams has been selected as the film's composer,[46] but confirmed he's no longer involved in scoring the movie. Inside chatter suggests he was unhappy with the film as a whole and wanted out.[47]"

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The source they cite [47] links back to AVP Galaxy!  :laugh:

And some more lulz:

QuoteCast[edit]
For more details on individual characters, see List of Alien characters.
Michael Fassbender as David and Walter. David is a synthetic android created by the Weyland Corporation, formerly a crew member of the destroyed Prometheus.[2] Walter is a more advanced android who assists the crew aboard the Covenant.[3]
Katherine Waterston as Daniels, a crew member of the Covenant.[4]
Danny McBride as the pilot of the Covenant.[5]
Noomi Rapace as Dr. Elizabeth Shaw, an archaeologist, formerly a crew member of the destroyed Prometheus.[4]
Demián Bichir
Billy Crudup
Amy Seimetz
Jussie Smollett
Carmen Ejogo
Callie Hernandez
Alexander England
Benjamin Rigby
Uli Latukefu
Nathaniel Dean
Tess Haubrich
Goran D. Kleut
Aaron Percival- Corporal Hicks

Wasn't me, honest Corporal!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed