AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Guy Pearce Returns for Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 29, 2016, 06:05:47 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Guy Pearce Returns for Alien: Covenant! (Read 49,133 times)

SiL

... is that what that piece is about? Das Rheingold is suiting, cos it's a sort of Prometheus-like tale, but I don't remember that piece being about the Gods abandoning their subjects.

Look into my eye

Good news but I'm more intrigued on how they weave Shaw into this story. It's going to be very interesting to see what they do with it but I've got a feeling it's not going to end well for her. :-[

Stolen

If the opening scene concerns Weyland. This means that Shaw will be back only later in the film. Either in a flashback, or for a surprise.

Glaive

Quote from: Stolen on Oct 29, 2016, 12:51:36 PM
If the opening scene concerns Weyland. This means that Shaw will be back only later in the film. Either in a flashback, or for a surprise.

She might be being used in much the same way Gibson's Alien III script used Ripley...

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2016, 12:07:51 PM
... is that what that piece is about? Das Rheingold is suiting, cos it's a sort of Prometheus-like tale, but I don't remember that piece being about the Gods abandoning their subjects.

It's interesting...since Das Rheingold is one of the four music dramas, in the second "Die Walküre", Wotan forsakes his only son Siegmund and has him killed.
Wotan is pretty much a prick spanning generations since he only really wants the magic ring, Wotan's daughter Brünnhilde is punished for defying her father in trying to save Siegmund, having her immortality taken from her, and if I recall correctly, later I think she ends up committing suicide with her horse at Siegfried's pyre; Siegfried was Wotan's grandson, slain by Hagen over that damn ring as well.
It all ending in Götterdämmerung with the Gods and Heroes all dying in flames.
I just think David is looking at it from that angle, in a sense Wotan abandoned his children in his pursuit to regain the magic ring.   

BishopShouldGo

lol you guys are too funny.

"Give us info! It's been too long since we've been given anything!"

*five pictures leak, and AvPGalaxy gives you an opening scene scoop*

"Heyyyy! Stop that! That's too much!!!"

Maybe don't click and don't read, folks? ;)

Glaive

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 29, 2016, 02:48:43 PM

...or in my case...

'Right-click, save picture as...'

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Stolen on Oct 29, 2016, 07:31:11 AM
The description of the scene is very interesting, I like the idea. But I will stop reading the scoops of AVP. Our friend Corporal obviously knows a lot of the film ;D

My secret insider sauce tells me Fox and friends have sent a hit squad after him. Hope he can finally put those aerosofting skills to good use.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 29, 2016, 07:49:52 AM
The teaser must be imminent at this point.

Why would a teaser be imminent just because of a few leaks?  ???

Enough with this common sense please!  >:(

BonesawT101

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 29, 2016, 03:16:41 PM
Quote from: Stolen on Oct 29, 2016, 07:31:11 AM
The description of the scene is very interesting, I like the idea. But I will stop reading the scoops of AVP. Our friend Corporal obviously knows a lot of the film ;D

My secret insider sauce tells me Fox and friends have sent a hit squad after him. Hope he can finally put those aerosofting skills to good use.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 29, 2016, 07:49:52 AM
The teaser must be imminent at this point.

Why would a teaser be imminent just because of a few leaks?  ???

Enough with this common sense please!  >:(
Not imminent due to the leaks, but the latest bit of info described a scene from a current edit of the film. So if the film has a work print edited together, plus a few months of post already behind it, then surely a simple teaser must be imminent.

Enoch

;D

Ultramorph

This is pretty cool, I'm for anything that builds the characters, especially David and his motivations. Here's hoping a teaser comes along soon!

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Olde on Oct 29, 2016, 09:57:29 AM
What on Earth is an "AvPGalast Appeaxy Exclusive"? Typo? A name I don't get?

So I'm not the only one that noticed this?  :laugh:

Maybe Hicks was so darn excited that spelling and grammar flew out the window.  ;D

Glaive

You were too slow...FOX shut that down faster than the 5 pics!!
You'll have to wait for the premiere...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Oct 29, 2016, 04:37:09 PM

So I'm not the only one that noticed this?  :laugh:

Maybe Hicks was so darn excited that spelling and grammar flew out the window.  ;D

f**k sake. It was the spoiler free title thing that I f**ked up when renaming it.  :laugh: I fixed that this morning. Thankfully it was only an issue for the forum link!

Quote from: Enoch on Oct 29, 2016, 03:24:13 PM

;D

Glaive

Let me be the first to say...OUCH!!! ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed