AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Guy Pearce Returns for Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 29, 2016, 06:05:47 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Guy Pearce Returns for Alien: Covenant! (Read 49,127 times)

Corporal Hicks

Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender aren’t Alien: Covenant’s only returning actors from Prometheus. Alien vs. Predator Galaxy can exclusively reveal that Guy Pearce will be returning to appear in Alien: Covenant! Beware following story spoilers!

We have learnt that Guy Pearce will be reprising his role as a slightly younger Peter Weyland during the film’s opening scenes. The current edit of Alien: Covenant begins with David 8 being brought online in a large white room with a grand view overlooking an ocean.

A younger, but still somewhat aged, Weyland asks David various questions to test him. We eventually move to David performing Richard Wagner’s Entrance of the Gods into Valhalla, explaining the meaning of the piece as he plays.

Alien vs. Predator Galaxy can exclusively reveal that Guy Pearce will be returning to portray Peter Weyland once again in Alien: Covenant!

Alien vs. Predator Galaxy can exclusively reveal that Guy Pearce will be returning to portray Peter Weyland once again in Alien: Covenant!

David explains that it is about God’s abandoning their creations due their displeasure with their creation’s greed and vanity, only to realise that the Gods themselves sharing the same flaws. This leads to David and Peter discussing Gods and creations and human mortality which strikes a chord with Weyland (a tip of the hat to his motivation in Prometheus).

Guy Pearce previously spoke about returning to play Weyland again back in 2014, saying how much he would like to return to Weyland and to work with Ridley again: I'd love to go back and play that character again. To work for Ridley again, you know, he's great — really wonderful to work for. So yeah, I'm very curious to see what he will do next with it."

Stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for even more exclusive information on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

The Alien Predator

Very interesting, I am excited to see this scene.

sugarhigh

For f**ks sake...
Why bring him back? His role was lame in Prometheus, his aged makeup was terrible. Covenant could actually end up just as bad if not worse than Prometheus. 

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Only one conclusion to draw from this. Weyland is alive. :P HAHA

btw: the forum link at the end of the post takes you to the Predator 2018 forum.

locusta

locusta

Beside, that we actually know by now nothing about the film, I have to say, that this scene at least tries to explain David´s megalomaniac flaw, or better said, his way to overdo human morality and ethnic standards, as his creator, Weyland is heavily flawed and far from being an altruist and philanthropist. 

And for the folks, who wonder why Wehland is back in this movie, it is a flashback scene in David´s thoughts , most likely blending over to him standing in his studio amongst his creations. 

The Bonus Situation

Started reading about David waking up in the room, but then just stopped. There is one thing looking at leaked pics  of a set or a prop, but reading such a detailed description of a scene is just TOO much for me. Gonna wait for the film.

jdxmoore

Wow so much information being leaked recently. At this rate there will be no surprises left by next August.

Wish they'd get a better control of things at Fox. Finding it very hard not to look at these articles as I loved Prometheus and can't wait to see covenant.

Stolen

The description of the scene is very interesting, I like the idea. But I will stop reading the scoops of AVP. Our friend Corporal obviously knows a lot of the film ;D
Now I prefer to wait for the teaser

Necronomicon II

More and more this film is sounding like everything Prometheus should have been.

BonesawT101

Quote from: Stolen on Oct 29, 2016, 07:31:11 AM
The description of the scene is very interesting, I like the idea. But I will stop reading the scoops of AVP. Our friend Corporal obviously knows a lot of the film ;D
Now I prefer to wait for the teaser
The teaser must be imminent at this point.

Scorpio

Guy Pearce is great in everything.  Not surprised he's in it, since it was filmed in Australia.  Anyone else think Weyland sounds like a British Agent Smith?

whiterabbit

Wouldn't it be amazing if David misses his creator. I mean there's no reason they didn't commandeer Weylands corpse from the juggernaut. Maybe he's trying to resurrect Weyland instead of torturing Shaw. Hell what if he pulls it off and resurrects Weyland from the dead. I mean that would be a f**king twist. Of course the secret is hiding inside of the Alien's dna.

Olde

What on Earth is an "AvPGalast Appeaxy Exclusive"? Typo? A name I don't get?

lv_226

lv_226

This is amazing news! It would appear that the writers who worked on Covenant, alongside Ridley Scott, maintained the philosophical ideas introduced—albeit briefly—in Prometheus. Weyland's character in the TED promo was genius, and unfortunately the execution for his motivations in Prometheus felt a bit understated.

Prometheus attempted to tackle some of the same ideas present in Blade Runner: namely those dealing with existential philosophy and human mortality. I am SUPER PUMPED that these ideas will be making a return in Covenant. Hopefully the fleshing out of these ideas, through David, will create a thematic bridge between what was attempted in Prometheus and what will be attempted in Covenant. The concept of God and his displeasure with his creation is a challenging one that is seldom tackled in film—here clearly under the purview of science fiction and fantasy. The Weyland character was clearly inspired by the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche (the full TED piece shows him reciting lines from 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra'), and the playing of Wagner reinforces connection this yet again (Wagner and Nietzsche were very close friends until the dissolution of their friendship).

I absolutely love the idea of David being booted up in this fashion; a start-up sequence of some sort, if you will. Perhaps David is an extension of Weyland. Perhaps this is a clever way of extending that character into Covenant (David did resemble Weyland in some ways). Either way, I can't wait for this movie to come out!

Enoch

Enoch

My God... this is something I have waited for log time.
Excellent. Thanks Hicks. This made my day ;D

P.S. Hicks, how do you know this much?
Hope Covenant will have more surprises for us...
There has been many leaks lately

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed