Predator Movie Filming February 2017

Started by Darkness, Oct 25, 2016, 07:31:37 PM

Author
Predator Movie Filming February 2017 (Read 32,314 times)

Darkness

New interview with Shane Black. Says they're filming February now and explains why it is R-Rated.

Quote"Right now we're looking at probably beginning to mid February. I'm heading up to Vancouver in a week or two to go into a serious pre-production, so we're on the cusp."

"I think the Predator movies have slightly veered from typical sci-fi in that there is a sort of thriller aspect to them. I think it should be scary, I think it should be funny, and I think ultimately it should be wondrous and about perceiving things that human beings very seldom get a chance to see... I don't mean movie audiences I mean characters in the movie. I'm not saying the movie will be nothing anyone's seen before (laughs)."

"I think it'll be interesting to get a group of credible guys—the hallmark of the first one is you have guys together that are kinda funny and self-referential and also very tough. I don't know that we're going to deviate over much from that, but there are at least a couple of factors that we've deliberately chosen to make it not just that group of buff, tough guys."

"Fox has been very cooperative. I mean part of it is the success they had with Deadpool, but I also made a case—and I think they agreed—that fans of the Predator generally, probably aren't looking to go to see a PG-13-rated version of it. It would be more of a letdown if it was sort of tailored to a family friendly audience than if it were allowed to play out to the same scale and level that the first R-rated one did."

http://collider.com/predator-reboot-filming-details-shane-black/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social#images

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote"I think it'll be interesting to get a group of credible guys—the hallmark of the first one is you have guys together that are kinda funny and self-referential and also very tough. I don't know that we're going to deviate over much from that, but there are at least a couple of factors that we've deliberately chosen to make it not just that group of buff, tough guys."

I can hear the folk over at IMDB are probably crying already.  :laugh:

Glad to see Black come out and give an update. Was getting a little worrisome with the uncertainty.

Darkness

I wonder what caused the delay and whether it had anything to do with the casting problems.

BishopShouldGo

So basically we should all keep our fingers crossed that Holbrook will be replaced? Lol. Come oooooon Gosling come ooooon Gosling.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

I'm just glad it wasn't a much longer delay. February will get here soon enough I suppose.

Overall this sounds good. I like what he's saying about getting a group of credible guys with priority not being simply how buff they are. It doesn't seem like he's worried as far as casting goes so I'm feeling optimistic again. I have a feeling he will surprise us.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 25, 2016, 08:04:55 PM
I wonder what caused the delay and whether it had anything to do with the casting problems.

Most likely. Sounds like they're having some real issues with the casting.

whiterabbit

That or they were fighting over the rating but in the end Black won over FOX. :P

BishopShouldGo

Definitely not the rating, look at DEADPOOL and for goodness' sake, LOGAN. A Wolverine movie! Without Wolverine in the title. They're in the risky business for sure.

The funny thing is, all Shane needs is that one A-lister to commit to the lead role, then other credible people will join in too. It'll cause a trickle-down effect.

So I guess Benicio's schedule was still full in February...strange.

Johnny Handsome

They are now heading into pre-production? What the f**k have they done over the past year then? I really do think there was some kind of conflict going on, with the rewrites and such things. Strange, the whole thing.

lv_226

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 25, 2016, 07:31:37 PM
New interview with Shane Black. Says they're filming February now and explains why it is R-Rated.

Quote"Right now we're looking at probably beginning to mid February. I'm heading up to Vancouver in a week or two to go into a serious pre-production, so we're on the cusp."

"I think the Predator movies have slightly veered from typical sci-fi in that there is a sort of thriller aspect to them. I think it should be scary, I think it should be funny, and I think ultimately it should be wondrous and about perceiving things that human beings very seldom get a chance to see... I don't mean movie audiences I mean characters in the movie. I'm not saying the movie will be nothing anyone's seen before (laughs)."

"I think it'll be interesting to get a group of credible guys—the hallmark of the first one is you have guys together that are kinda funny and self-referential and also very tough. I don't know that we're going to deviate over much from that, but there are at least a couple of factors that we've deliberately chosen to make it not just that group of buff, tough guys."

"Fox has been very cooperative. I mean part of it is the success they had with Deadpool, but I also made a case—and I think they agreed—that fans of the Predator generally, probably aren't looking to go to see a PG-13-rated version of it. It would be more of a letdown if it was sort of tailored to a family friendly audience than if it were allowed to play out to the same scale and level that the first R-rated one did."

http://collider.com/predator-reboot-filming-details-shane-black/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social#images

Good to see that this is still on. However, a few things of worry: I've no faith in ADI to deliver quality here, and 50 Cent  :-\ ?

XENOMORPHOSIS

Oh Bother  :-[ Here's hoping its not a rushed production that ends up looking Awful

goose_3387

Still wouldn't surprise me to see Fox push this towards a PG-13 rating. Once they get their editor on the job they could easily go against Black's wishes.

Predator_Spirit

The article mentioning Benicio Del Toro dropped of also mentioned the filming was postponed to february.
They are obviously still looking for actors who fits the characters or they're waiting for some busy actors to be free.
They want big names.Good news.

PreAlien.

PreAlien.

I want Michael Biehn in this movie. Just so he can get killed by Predator and become third guy ever to be murdered by an Alien and Terminator.

426Buddy

Quote from: PreAlien. on Oct 26, 2016, 01:23:41 PM
I want Michael Biehn in this movie. Just so he can get killed by Predator and become third guy ever to be murdered by an Alien and Terminator.

I like that idea lol, but Bill Paxton is the only one I can think of that has been killed by all three.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed