The Neomorphs

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2016, 09:27:05 AM

Author
The Neomorphs (Read 88,468 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Oct 25, 2016, 10:22:44 PM
Quote from: lv_226 on Oct 25, 2016, 04:55:16 PM
Would be nice to have a cinematic experience equivalent to the sheer horror of Isolation.
It was called ALIEN.

:laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 26, 2016, 12:07:01 PM
Have the guys who leaked this had a detailed description of what the neomorph actually look like?

The appearance is described in the article, Bonesaw.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Okay thanks man, I'll have to give it a real proper read through again, haven't had a chance to really go through it all! Thanks again for the info!

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: Skylark Duquesne on Oct 25, 2016, 09:54:56 PM
Quote from: Saggit on Oct 24, 2016, 09:34:08 AM
This is terrible! I mean the creature is terrible. And not in a good way. I want our regular xenomorph, not some albino. Ridley Scott please stop toying around. Prometheus was enough! Just make a good Alien movie like you did in 1979...
All this black goo, zombies and giant octopus bullsh...OH! And that "Alien" in the end. You can probably bash it to death with a broom stick. We have a saying in Poland:" Better is an enemy of good". I have such a love/hate attitude towards this movie...
One step further towards obliteration of anything gigeresque in the franchise ?
The xenomorph certainly needs a redesign but what a strange direction to take.

I wouldn't go and ring the death knell of Giger-esque elements just yet—although you bring a valid point concerning the series moving away from those elements (I believe the last time we legitimately saw biomechanical elements was in Aliens, Alien 3 was certainly a departure from that aesthetic). While Prometheus contained plenty of architecture reminiscent of Giger's work, hell it was all over the temple and even the suits of the Engineers, Arthur Max (production designer) explicitly stated that the designs were inspired—and not directly lifted from—Giger. I'm all for seeing more of Giger's aesthetic as I feel it creates an atmosphere of a foreboding unknown we have not seen since the first film.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

If the original designs of the facehugger, chestburster and 79 big chap are in Covenant then the Giger aesthetic will be very much present.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 26, 2016, 04:34:45 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 26, 2016, 02:28:34 AM
I don't think Scott plays computer games, but we know Blomkamp not only has experienced 'Isolation', but that it affected him profoundly enough to directly influence and change how he would approach his own project. We also know that Scott is producing, likes the first draft Blomkamp handed in and has apparently talked a lot with him.

While he might not have played it himself, I do suspect, Blomkamp's had his own influence, in this regard and might have possibly showed him a few brief video clips of it to illustrate his points (if only of peoples' reactions to experiencing it). It would explain why the guy's done a complete 180, in terms of not believing the original design can have any psychological impact, to suddenly including them.

Yeah.  For sure.  I'm wondering if Scott's decision to embrace the familiar stages of the Alien once again has been influenced by the game.  He seems to have had a sudden turn about in regards to how powerful the original concepts can be.  This appears to have happened around the same time Blomkamp made his statements regarding the game's environment design influencing his own vision.

-Windebieste.

More likely it is the studio who "convinced" (ordered) him to include the original design. Just like they originally "requested" that he not have it in Prometheus.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

I think he also discerned that the new Star Wars was successful in part because of its classic characters returning. Big Chap is our Han Solo in a way.

He stated that the new Star Wars was indeed an influence.

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 26, 2016, 02:51:43 PM
If the original designs of the facehugger, chestburster and 79 big chap are in Covenant then the Giger aesthetic will be very much present.
I hope you're right, I really do.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 26, 2016, 04:00:58 PM
I think he also discerned that the new Star Wars was successful in part because of its classic characters returning. Big Chap is our Han Solo in a way.

Couldn't agree with this more! Big Chap is an icon of popular culture. Tee shirts, toys, video games. You name it. Alien vs Predator nearly wrung it dry cinematically; but a decade after those monstrosities, Alien is still a masterpiece. Aliens is still regarded as one of the finest follow ups of all time. The people have spoken we want our 1979 Alien back!

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: lv_226 on Oct 26, 2016, 04:15:26 PM
Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 26, 2016, 02:51:43 PM
I hope you're right, I really do.

Well he did say OUTRIGHT that we have facehuggers, chestbursters and the Big Alien. I'm actually more excited for these Neomorphs now. I also hope there isn't TOO much going on. You know? That can really ruin a movie. Maybe the Big Chap will be the final boss here. Then again, my only issue with that is Id hate to see it disposed of too easily/quickly. But really who knows at this point.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 25, 2016, 05:43:14 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 25, 2016, 04:38:12 AM
Quote from: Infected on Oct 24, 2016, 09:04:04 PM
There is no way in any presentation that you can make the xeno scary in this form at this moment,
we all have seen it way to much, it isnt a mystery anymore nor is he undefined anymore,
the AVP movies have a part in that and Alien:R and Aliens also a little, i loved Aliens but it took away every aspect of horror away from the creature/thing.
Yeah, that's all bullshit. Familiarity with the look or actions isn't what makes a thing scary. People use that as an excuse to be f**king lazy with their storytelling, or justify bullshit new creatures to keep things "fresh".

Anything can be scary if handled competently.

Familiarity with sharks doesn't stop 'Jaws' from being scary.  Spielberg made a masterful thriller by tapping into peoples' fears with that one.  Kept people off the beaches, too, for that matter.  Mind you, since then, most movies featuring sharks lack the power of that Classic.  Mind you, that's not due to familiarity, that's got a lot more to do with the power of the content not being understood. 

If anything, it's familiarity with the Alien that made 'ALIEN: Isolation' the edgy game it was.  Being versed in all the lore surrounding the game sure aided in appreciating it's goals.

-Windebieste.
It was scary back then yes i agree, but now a Jaws wont be scary ever again no matter how you throw it at the audience.
Same with the xeno, back then it was scary and in space and a creature that stalked, but after Aliens and the rest of the movies the xeno didnt become scary it became a defined creature, fighting with predators etc made it just a silly creature,
wich had a lot of help of the stupidity of humans, breaking it down it isnt scary enough anymore, we know what it can do and we know how it works.
When i look at Michael Myers from Halloween, he had some shitty movies, but he kept his identity, and his concept still can work,
done by a good writer, he is still undefined.
But if im reading the comments around here Ridley has got a big job to do, because i think a lot of fanboys wont give him the credit he deserves even if he will bring us a big good Alien movie and introducing the new xeno's,
some just wanna stick and believe in that old concept that is gone as dust.

And the Force Awakens sucks come on!!!!

Sgt.Jackrus

Sgt.Jackrus

Quote from: Infected on Oct 26, 2016, 07:16:25 PM
There is no way in any presentation that you can make the xeno scary in this form at this moment,
we all have seen it way to much, it isnt a mystery anymore nor is he undefined anymore,
the AVP movies have a part in that and Alien:R and Aliens also a little, i loved Aliens but it took away every aspect of horror away from the creature/thing.
Yeah, that's all bullshit. Familiarity with the look or actions isn't what makes a thing scary. People use that as an excuse to be f**king lazy with their storytelling, or justify bullshit new creatures to keep things "fresh".

Familiarity with sharks doesn't stop 'Jaws' from being scary.  Spielberg made a masterful thriller by tapping into peoples' fears with that one.  Kept people off the beaches, too, for that matter.  Mind you, since then, most movies featuring sharks lack the power of that Classic.  Mind you, that's not due to familiarity, that's got a lot more to do with the power of the content not being understood. 

If anything, it's familiarity with the Alien that made 'ALIEN: Isolation' the edgy game it was.  Being versed in all the lore surrounding the game sure aided in appreciating it's goals.

-Windebieste.
It was scary back then yes i agree, but now a Jaws wont be scary ever again no matter how you throw it at the audience.
Same with the xeno, back then it was scary and in space and a creature that stalked, but after Aliens and the rest of the movies the xeno didnt become scary it became a defined creature, fighting with predators etc made it just a silly creature,
wich had a lot of help of the stupidity of humans, breaking it down it isnt scary enough anymore, we know what it can do and we know how it works.
When i look at Michael Myers from Halloween, he had some shitty movies, but he kept his identity, and his concept still can work,
But if im reading the comments around here Ridley has got a big job to do, because i think a lot of fanboys wont give him the credit he deserves even if he will bring us a big good Alien movie and introducing the new xeno's,

Thats why most people think the first movie is the best.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 26, 2016, 07:08:08 PMMaybe the Big Chap will be the final boss here. Then again, my only issue with that is Id hate to see it disposed of too easily/quickly.

Anyone considered that maybe the original Alien will be the "boss" and will then dispose of these new upstarts in short order?

After all, it is meant to be "structural perfection".

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Sgt.Jackrus on Oct 26, 2016, 07:20:41 PM
Quote from: Infected on Oct 26, 2016, 07:16:25 PM

-Windebieste.

Thats why most people think the first movie is the best.
You know, i like it until the killing begins and then to me the mystery also dissapears.
I could watch the first act thousands of times, going to the derelict ship etc

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 26, 2016, 07:22:45 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 26, 2016, 07:08:08 PMMaybe the Big Chap will be the final boss here. Then again, my only issue with that is Id hate to see it disposed of too easily/quickly.

Anyone considered that maybe the original Alien will be the "boss" and will then dispose of these new upstarts in short order?

After all, it is meant to be "structural perfection".
Aliens vs Alien... god damn that would be real f**king original...  :laugh:

I'm thinking the humans find the Alien DNA and release it in hopes of killing the other aliens that are killing them. Which would be pretty pathetic. I'm starting to wonder just how exactly they will introduce the big boy. Will they just find one, on ice or will it take the traditional cycle. There seems to be a lot going on here. Unless the Alien is just going to be one of the many monsters the crew succumbs too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed