Alien 3 – Paranoia in Pinewood - Blog by Ralph Brown

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 13, 2016, 07:18:26 PM

Author
Alien 3 – Paranoia in Pinewood - Blog by Ralph Brown (Read 47,780 times)

FiorinaFury161

Na, just a frustrated Fincher. :P

XenoZipper

Yea I didn't find there was all that much of screaming nutcases until all the chase stuff at the end. Before that, just a lot of yelling swear words but I enjoy Alien 3 a lot.

Bad Replicant

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Oct 17, 2016, 03:20:55 AM
Na, just a frustrated Fincher. :P

Really should be a mandatory inclusion in any Alien 3-related thread.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 16, 2016, 09:53:41 PM
I tried to watch Alien 3 again..until I remembered those nut cases running around and screaming for half the movie. With their part monk part prison rags and black teeth lol. Just couldn't do it, will try and watch the special extended version next week.

It mostly helps somewhat, actually, leastly. Lestly? Leastly? What Is that the opposite of mostly?

I corrected my post, it was filled with quick phone typos. Is it the special or extended or exterminated version? The longer version. With the dog alien chestburster that comes out of a bull and the beehive under the stairs.

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Oct 17, 2016, 02:18:53 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 16, 2016, 11:54:09 PM
The extended has even more nutcases running screaming...
http://www.scified.com/articles/the-opening-sequence-of-alien-iii-just-what-the-hell-is-going-on-here-44.jpg
lol, why?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 16, 2016, 06:19:00 PM
I have an e-mail from Twohy where he talked about meeting Weaver to put the Ripley character into the prison ship scenario. I'll try and dig it out.

Please do. I can't recall really seeing Twohy talk too much about his time on the production.

Quote from: SiL on Oct 17, 2016, 12:46:48 AM
Sigourney Weaver sounds like someone with a really bad sense of humour.

It really does, doesn't it? It'd be pretty funny is everyone's issues with her came down to not understanding her sense of humour. So many people go on about how lovely a woman she is that it seems almost out of character for these complaints.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 17, 2016, 08:32:41 AM
It really does, doesn't it? It'd be pretty funny is everyone's issues with her came down to not understanding her sense of humour. So many people go on about how lovely a woman she is that it seems almost out of character for these complaints.

You'd be surprised to see how people react 12 weeks confined together  :D
It's probably the greatest miracle / hell cinema is capable of producing.
Ain't nothing to share 10 hours a day in a 5 meters² set with someone who hasn't brush his tooth.
Then add a bit of ego, disappointing pay, last minute change, disgusting food of the day, horrible hotel, social group differences, shake it very hard and voilà !
It's hard to forget something happens behind the camera  ;)

Valaquen

I have an e-mail from Twohy where he talked about meeting Weaver to put the Ripley character into the prison ship scenario. I'll try and dig it out.

Please do. I can't recall really seeing Twohy talk too much about his time on the production.

Here we are, for you and SM:

Spoiler
[close]

Inverse Effect

So? Vincent Ward is to blame? for killing Newt/Hicks off.

I still was a stupid idea and it took like 20 years for somebody to come along and attempt to retcon it canonically.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Guts on Oct 18, 2016, 06:10:38 AMSo? Vincent Ward is to blame? for killing Newt/Hicks off.

Well it was his story that eventually evolved into the film, but he wasn't the first to do it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 17, 2016, 11:30:49 PM

Here we are, for you and SM:

Spoiler
[close]

Thanks! Did you ask if he had his WIP 2nd draft still?

Valaquen

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 18, 2016, 08:19:53 AM
Quote from: Guts on Oct 18, 2016, 06:10:38 AMSo? Vincent Ward is to blame? for killing Newt/Hicks off.

Well it was his story that eventually evolved into the film, but he wasn't the first to do it.

Eric Red's featured a ghost ship Sulaco if that counts as killing off the crew, but Ward was the first to step forward and say he wanted Newt dead (she annoyed him), so he wrote it in.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 18, 2016, 08:34:18 AM
Thanks! Did you ask if he had his WIP 2nd draft still?

No, that's all I managed at the time. I was researching his script and got sidetracked... I'm still sidetracked  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 18, 2016, 09:56:24 AMEric Red's featured a ghost ship Sulaco if that counts as killing off the crew, but Ward was the first to step forward and say he wanted Newt dead (she annoyed him), so he wrote it in.

To be fair, Ward's "writing it in" consists of little more than Ripley arriving on the planet, already alone, and saying, "Yeah, they died," which to me is hardly more conclusive than Red and Twohy offing them all before the story starts. Although I guess to be fair it's more implied with them.

Whiskeybrewer

So Twohy's second draft is another script to add to my Alien 3 hunt lol.

I remember reading that the studio's told Twohy that he was writing for 3 and then when Ward came on board, they changed and said, whoever had their script finished first would be 3 and the second one would be 4 lol. Then he heard nothing once he handed it in, so took the money and ran lol

HuDaFuK

The story I heard is Fox kept assuring Twohy that Ward was in fact working on a script for a fourth film (which obviously he wasn't). When Twohy found out they had someone else doing film number three behind his back, he quit.

Begs the question why Fox didn't just let him go in the first place, but maybe they were hedging their bets.

Whiskeybrewer

Most likely, which is a shame and a really stupid thing to do

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed