Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In?

Started by Gazz, Oct 11, 2016, 11:50:09 PM

Author
Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In? (Read 36,988 times)

goose_3387

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 21, 2016, 06:18:47 PM
They don't look like government agent types at all. I don't even know what that look is.

The point being this. The majority of people don't know what these type of guys look like yet still claim an actor doesn't fit the role.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 21, 2016, 06:18:47 PM
They don't look like government agent types at all. I don't even know what that look is. Boyd and Benicio have played all types of roles. I think the cool thing about being an actor is like...the fact that you can like play varied kinds of roles.
With respect, I didn't say "they only look like government agent types." I said they fit the look of a government agent type (evidence being Sicario [throughout the movie BDT is an operative working with Bolin's CIA character, only to be revealed later] and Narcos [Boyd=DEA agent] along with P2).

If you don't think they fit that mold that's fine but how could you think that if you claim there is no look for it?

I don't think Boyd or Benicio have played a role that called for them to have a significant amount of muscle mass. Point being if you're looking for an "Arnold" or "Dwayne Johnson" type for your action film, their names don't immediately come to mind.

I'd also like to point out that when I implied the type of role I see Boyd playing, I meant in this film. I'm well aware that actors can play varied kinds of roles throughout their careers. However, assuming this plot isn't a simple hunt, I still stand by what I said about the main character being in a similar occupational position as Peter Keyes. They clearly weren't casting for a character who is an active Navy SEAL otherwise they'd never go for Del Toro in the first place.

BishopShouldGo

Lol. Gaining muscle is easy. The studio just throws a personal trainer at the actor. Muscles schmuscles.

Who knows if this role will even call for muscles. What if he's an everyman like Roy from Close Encounters(a movie that's an influence on The Predator, per Dekker).

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 21, 2016, 09:53:52 PM
Lol. Gaining muscle is easy. The studio just throws a personal trainer at the actor. Muscles schmuscles.

Who knows if this role will even call for muscles. What if he's an everyman like Roy from Close Encounters(a movie that's an influence on The Predator, per Dekker).
I think we all know it didn't call for muscles, that was the point I made (You wouldnt look at any of them and think "That guy is an action hero").

Also, I disagree about it being easy to gain muscle. Sure, many actors can put muscle on, but it's not easy and not all actors are capable of doing it, especially with such little time. Del Toro hasn't done it before as far as I can tell and there was 0 chance he was going to do it for this film.

Perhaps you're right and this character is an "everyman" who winds up in the plot. I think my guess is much more likely, though, considering the nature of the film we are talking about (broader scale than a simple hunt) and the fact that the character will anchor an ensemble cast of dangerous people.

Corporal Hicks

And snipped. Getting bored of some of the pointless posts that are just laced with attitude. I shouldn't have to say this again. I've already said it before.

ace3g

ace3g

Just thinking, Wesley Snipes is able to do movies again...

Corporal Hicks

I started watching Narcos at the weekend. I'm 3 episodes in and enjoying it. But it's like Val said earlier, Holbrook isn't really the star of the show and isn't getting a lot of the screentime so far. I'm enjoying him though.

Xan21

Xan21

Quote from: ace3g on Oct 22, 2016, 03:25:48 PM

Some people really need to let go of the 90's

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Xan21 on Nov 03, 2016, 01:57:19 PM
Quote from: ace3g on Oct 22, 2016, 03:25:48 PM

Some people really need to let go of the 90's

Why ?

BishopShouldGo

Because has-beens shouldn't be in this movie lol.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Nov 03, 2016, 03:03:37 PM
Of couse Signorney Weaver and Michael Bein aren't has beens of couse not.

HuDaFuK

Biehn yes, Siggy not really. She may not be as massive as she was in the late 80s/90s, but she's been in quite a few films lately.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: g2vd on Nov 03, 2016, 03:08:12 PM

Huh?!?! What're we referencing Alien 5 over?! Weaver isn't a has-been, Biehn is, and those two actors would be reprising their previous roles anyway.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Nov 03, 2016, 03:25:38 PM
Quote from: g2vd on Nov 03, 2016, 03:08:12 PM

Huh?!?! What're we referencing Alien 5 over?! Weaver isn't a has-been, Biehn is, and those two actors would be reprising their previous roles anyway.
But he's a "Has Been" so by that logic...bye bye Drick.

BishopShouldGo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed