Dark Horse Releasing 'Aliens The Original Comic Series Vol 2'

Started by Russ840, Oct 06, 2016, 10:59:33 AM

Author
Dark Horse Releasing 'Aliens The Original Comic Series Vol 2' (Read 18,121 times)

Russ840

Looks like we are getting the the fancy pants edition of Aliens Book 2 and Earth war all in one volume.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/05/dark-horse-announces-aliens-dead-orbit-plus-second-original-series-hardcover/

Hopefully this will include Countdown as well.

Quite a clever way of releasing both the remaing vols in one go. Not many people would likely pick up a stand alone volume for earth war.

Releasing April next year.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Don't particularly want Female War but I would love to see Countdown included! Regardless though, I was hoping Book 2 would see a fancy pants release and I'm glad it's coming!

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 06, 2016, 11:06:20 AM
Don't particularly want Female War but I would love to see Countdown included! Regardless though, I was hoping Book 2 would see a fancy pants release and I'm glad it's coming!

I used to hate Earth war/Female War but I read it again recently and have a new found appreciation for it. No idea why though lol .

I would like a fancy pants of labyrinth as well now. Be nice to get some interviews from the creators on that one.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 06, 2016, 11:23:47 AM
I would like a fancy pants of labyrinth as well now. Be nice to get some interviews from the creators on that one.

God I'd love Destroying Angels. And then and then...  :laugh: It'd never end.

I used to hate Earth war/Female War but I read it again recently and have a new found appreciation for it. No idea why though lol .

I still can't get into Female War. I found the novel a better experience but they were both still messy.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 06, 2016, 11:29:03 AM

God I'd love Destroying Angels. And then and then...  :laugh: It'd never end.

I still can't get into Female War. I found the novel a better experience but they were both still messy.

Yes to Destroyig Angles.

Didn't the novel to female war have that ripely android with red blood ?

Corporal Hicks

They did. But they never went anywhere with it. Now why or how. The novelization also completely omitted the Space Jockey angle.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 06, 2016, 11:35:11 AM
They did. But they never went anywhere with it. Now why or how. The novelization also completely omitted the Space Jockey angle.

That was te first novel I Aliens I read. Wills also develops a crush on Billie as well I think.

I think I will give the upcoming reprint of the Berserker novel a go based on your comments in the other thread.

Man, Same Keith's oversized art is going to be hard work to get through. Den's on the other hand, is going to be amazing.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 06, 2016, 11:40:55 AM
That was te first novel I Aliens I read. Wills also develops a crush on Billie as well I think.

Yeah, I really hated that. Such a completely out of the blue and inappropriate direction to take. Really wish Steve Perry hadn't started that off in the Nightmare Asylum adaptation.  :-\

QuoteI think I will give the upcoming reprint of the Berserker novel a go based on your comments in the other thread.

You should! Very very good novel!

QuoteMan, Same Keith's oversized art is going to be hard work to get through. Den's on the other hand, is going to be amazing.

However, Den Beauvais' oversized art is going to be an absolute treat! Really can't wait to get my hands on this one!  ;D

Russ840

Me either.

We are being spoiled at the mo.

Defiance is surly going to get a fancy pants. That will look amazing

Dead orbit looks pretty awesome as well. The art is so detailed.

Prez

Book 2  ;D

Earth War  ::)

Corporal Hicks

People wouldn't buy it otherwise.  :P

426Buddy

lol thats kinda funny about earth war... but if they dont include Countdown I'll be writing a strongly worded letter.

Valaquen

I like a good hardback. I may get this, though I'll probably skip Female War. I couldn't appreciate Keith's art, there, especially after following Beauvais.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 06, 2016, 12:47:29 PM
People wouldn't buy it otherwise.  :P

I really think that is why it included. This way they can justify a potentially slightly higher price for the book.

Prez

Now I'm curious if they include that extra panel in Book 2 that Denis did in '96.

I spoke about it here in this thread http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55248.0

Hopefully it includes some more never-before seen artwork from Denis.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed