DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017)

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 05, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

Author
DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017) (Read 83,580 times)

Denton Smalls

I have to read this now. How does it compare to Salvation (give me the movie version now), Labyrinth (I never want to see a movie of this or I'll blow chunks), and Bezerker??

SM

I'd put DO on a par with all those series.

Russ840

For me it's tied with Labyrinth as best Aliens comic.

Denton Smalls

WOW. Sounds like DH found a winning recipe.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jan 27, 2018, 12:53:21 PM
WOW. Sounds like DH found a winning recipe.

Yeah don't let Ridley near it lol

Corporal Hicks

Russ840

Half way through. Really enjoying the chat. Im jealous I cant join in.

You could have tapped me up Hicks lol.

Corporal Hicks

I'm glad you're enjoying it mate. I've imposed a 4 person limit on these things so since there's normally 3 regulars we only really have space for one guest a time but I'll try and keep you in mind for the future.  :)

Russ840

Lol thanks man. Im only jesting you. Although I'd do it in a second.  :laugh:

Listening to the rest in morning. Looking forward to it.

Xiggz456

Great listen guys! This series was superb! Hopefully Dust to Dust turns out just as good. I do think everyone lowballed the series but I tend to automatically think of scores as a grade and 8 out of 10 or 80% is a B minus, 7.5 would be a solid (average) C and Xenomorphine's 6.5 would equate to a D (below average) I thought this story was literally Grade A and thus the acceptable minimum score should be 9 out of 10. But to each their own! The podcasts that focus on the expanded universe tend to be my favorites so please keep them coming. Cheers!

TheDerelict

Been looking forward to this podcast and it didn't disappoint. Great listen lads.
F**king loved this comic. The wait between issue 3 and 4 was unbearable. This is just what the series needed in my opinion, a stripped down story about surviving a xenomorph and a desperate attempt to get the last packet of cigarettes. Incredible!
Loved Wassy and some of the shots of the alien where beautiful. The aliens in life and death didn't do it for me but Stokoe got it right. Just like Tristan in defiance. That final fight on the hull of the station was just the best thing ever and the ending.....perfect.
More of this please Dark Horse.
My only problem now is that Dead Orbit has worked its way into my top 5 Aliens comics of all time. Which means one of my beloved is being relegated to number 6. I mean honestly, how do you decided between Dead Orbit and say........Lovesick ;D

HuDaFuK

I really want to listen... but I also really want to read the comic first :P

Russ840

Enjoyed the rest of the podcast. Any chance you will do any of the older comics Hicks?

Still Collating...

Another great podcast. Always look forward to them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed