DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017)

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 05, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

Author
DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017) (Read 81,201 times)

Whiskeybrewer

I'm loving the artwork for this. Cant wait

RakaiThwei

Is this going to be on-going or is this a one-shot?

Nostromo

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 06, 2016, 07:05:13 PM
Is this going to be on-going or is this a one-shot?

4 Issue Comic series.

HuDaFuK

Definite Moebius vibes.

Morose

The Comic's illustration appear similar to those of the older comics. Though I agree with the predatory aspect of the xenomorph, I think regarding them as simply dangerous animals doesn't do them justice.

The Comic Collector J

Love the isolated feeling that you get just by looking at the pictures of the previews. Even if the story doesn't hold up at least the art looks detailed and enjoyable. The cover art looks wonderful as well.

Nostromo

Exactly: "Stokoe makes clear in the interview that he's more interested in atmosphere than plot, which does sound like the best way to approach an Alien story."

Except that with a great plot and atmosphere you get a hit like Alien & Aliens. If one is missing, you get an Alien 3 or Alien Res.

Read More: James Stokoe Takes On 'Aliens' In 'Dead Orbit' | http://comicsalliance.com/james-stokoe-aliens-dead-orbit/?trackback=tsmclip

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

The first solicitation is here!
Aliens: Dead Orbit #1 (of 4) - April 26 2017
Spoiler

QuoteJames Stokoe (W/A/Cover) and Geof Darrow (Variant cover)

On sale Apr 26

FC, 32 pages

$3.99

Miniseries

After a horrific accident strikes a space station, an engineering officer must use all available tools—a timer, utility kit, and his wits—to survive an attack from the deadliest creature known to man.

Orc Stain creator James Stokoe pens a thrilling and claustrophobic Aliens story: Dead Orbit!

On sale on Alien Day: 4/26/17!
[close]

Prez

Really looking forward to this.

426Buddy

Yeah I seriously can't wait, this looks and sounds really interesting.

BountyHunter

Yeah, I'm pumped for this series. The artwork looks bloody fantastic. Can not wait.  :D

Russ840

Yeah. I totally cannot be more excited for this.

Straight from Defiance and into this.

I checked out Stokoe's other world and he is amazing. So like Moebius.

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic. Glad to hear it's still on track. Really looking forward to giving this one a go! Loving the Moebius and Cobb vibes!

Ultramorph

I'm looking forward to this, it's cool to have stand-alone series. The year it takes place is also interesting. 2295 is when W-Y loses their FTL contracts to Ridton, and the USM already exists at this point.

Prez

My local comic store just emailed me saying `are you interested in getting this?'

Good lads. They know me well.

Pre-order is now taken care of. Can't wait.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed