DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017)

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 05, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

Author
DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017) (Read 81,203 times)

Ultramorph

SM

Nice.

Russ840

Did you notice that at the bottom where it gives the release date ,it states that we are getting a vol 2 of the original series. I.e. Nightmare asylum.

426Buddy

Great time to be a fan thats for sure!

Cant wait for this!  :D

(I saw that about Vol. 2, god I hope its a fancy pantz hard cover!!!!)

Russ840

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 05, 2016, 08:12:57 PM

Me too. It's gotta have countdown as well, if it is, surely

426Buddy

Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 05, 2016, 08:15:06 PM

If Vol. 2 & Countdown get a enlarged hardcover anniversary edition like Vol. 1 did, I will be crazy happy.

Russ840

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 05, 2016, 08:19:00 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 05, 2016, 08:15:06 PM

If Vol. 2 & Countdown get a enlarged hardcover anniversary edition like Vol. 1 did, I will be crazy happy.

I am crossing my fingers.

Now all I need is an AVP original series, remastered, fancy pants and my world will be complete lol

Kurai

I'm loving that cover. :D

They really seem to be milking the Isolation inspiration cow as much as they can with the way station and such, and I couldn't be happier.

QuoteStokoe, of course, has no intention of bringing a frankfurter to a pulse rifle fight.

g2vd

Ah ha, Jame Stoke! he's a great artist you should see his work on Godzilla: Half Century War.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Half Century War was fantastic. I'm loving the art on this, and it's nice to see that Dark Horse is still committed to making stand-alone Aliens comics. Also cool to see more of the old comics getting re-released!

Also, on a continuity note, 2295 CE puts us basically right in the middle between A3 and Resurrection, and 70 years past Life and Death. I wonder if we'll ever get far enough ahead to get a comic where the USM are the antagonists?

Nostromo

Nostromo

Oh shit, I just saw this and wet myself. Thanks Dark Horse. You made my day.

I'm really liking this James Stokoe guy! Dark Horse seems to be listening or just hiring the right people for Aliens.

Love the sound of this!!:

"Dead Orbit' mostly takes place on the space station Sphacteria in a rather forgotten and secluded area of space".

Give me dark space, an Alien and space stations all day any day! This is going to be a good one, liking his art too.

Corporal Hicks

Is no-one else getting Ron Cobb and Mobius vibes off the artwork?

Looks great! Really loving all these releases coming our way! Hope it's up to Defiance's standards!

Prez

Nailed it @corporalHicks ... definite vibes of Moebius' style and a bit of Cobb thrown in too.

Love it.

KillCrites

I like the combination of Big Chap and Cameron's Alien. (head crest and six fingers)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Serpent/Slayer on Oct 06, 2016, 12:12:11 PM
I like the combination of Big Chap and Cameron's Alien. (head crest and six fingers)

Yeah! Loving the return of those eye sockets. I never get sick of seeing a transparent cowl.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed