Alien: Covenant Novelization

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 22, 2016, 03:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Novelization (Read 48,666 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Novels tend to contradict their source but the added flavor and how much more there is in it compared to the film is what makes them enjoyable, I will be putting this on my "have to get" list

Perfect-Organism

It occurs to me that the covenant prequel may be driven by Fox more than ADF.  Fox must be increasingly aware (assuming here) that Prometheus fans may feel disenfranchised with no follow up to Shaw's story.  So hopefully this fills in the gap.  I think Fox underestimated how curious people were about a continuation of Shaw's story..

felix

SM

SM

Interesting how writing credits work.  No mention of Spaihts and Lindelof in terms of the 'characters created by'.

QuoteIt occurs to me that the covenant prequel may be driven by Fox more than ADF.

The whole thing would be driven by Fox.

SiL

SiL

Did O'Bannon get that credit for Prometheus? I always figured they were talking about the Alien.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I like that the style matches the recent novelisation reprints.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 13, 2017, 07:37:22 AM
Did O'Bannon get that credit for Prometheus? I always figured they were talking about the Alien.

They are I think.  O'Bannon and Shusett got a 'Based on characters created by' for the AvP flicks.  For Prometheus it was 'Based on elements created by'.

It's just a weird setup - I'm assuming it's Guild rules - where the star of Covenant is likely going to be David (and Walter), who were created by Spaihts and Lindelof; but they don't get credit.  But I also assume it happens a lot with long running series.

SiL

SiL

Cameron doesn't get credit for the Queen, either.

SM

SM

Or Newt, Bishop and Hicks (very brief) appearances in Alien3.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I always figured O'Bannon and Shushett's repeated credits were for the Alien itself, especially as it's the titular character.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: jeanj on Sep 26, 2016, 10:51:04 AM
I've never read novelizations. Are they close to the movie storyline ?

Should be expect it to be released months before the movie ?

Here's a fairly brief idea of some of the differences between Alien the film and Alien the novelization.  I found it recently after re-reading the novelization for research.

Hope it helps you decide.

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2014/05/12/15-things-didnt-know-alien-official-movie-novelization

Crew Expendable

I bought all the re release novelizations of the movies, this is awesome!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 13, 2017, 01:29:11 PM
I always figured O'Bannon and Shushett's repeated credits were for the Alien itself, especially as it's the titular character.
Which makes sense, except they also got credit for Prometheus, where they don't feature.

Corporal Hicks

Perhaps that was for the Engineer/Jockey.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Mar 05, 2017, 07:27:56 AMWhich makes sense, except they also got credit for Prometheus, where they don't feature.

I wondered if maybe that had something to do with how the script developed from Spaihts' draft, which did have the Alien in it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed