Eaglemoss Alien & Predator

Started by alienscollection.com, Sep 21, 2016, 08:51:05 PM

Author
Eaglemoss Alien & Predator (Read 54,452 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: pmaz11 on Sep 24, 2017, 03:30:17 AM
I think that Predator is no good though....what is that? Haha

It's from the highly-stylized "Homeworld" Comic.

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 24, 2017, 02:47:25 AM
Where do you get this information from?  Do Eaglemoss have an announcement page?  I've been looking and haven't found anything.

-Windebieste.

Someone posted about them on the WY-Bulletin, but usually you can just go to a toy site like BBTS and they'll have the new pre-orders up: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/search?PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Company=16

windebieste

windebieste

Thank you.  Surely they must have some official announcement page?  Do they have a newsletter?  This might not be front page material here, but for me it is.

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Holy moly, Homeworld Predator!!!!! I'll definitely be picking that up.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteGet outta here, they're doing the Kenner Aliens? That's amazing.

I'd love to buy them but at $30 a pop, they're literally more expensive than the NECA remakes and that's kinda unreasonably steep.

I really love that new companies are revisiting these older designs. I know it's appealing to nostalgia a bit but I still love it. The modernized approach works a lot better.

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 27, 2017, 02:16:01 PM

I'd love to buy them but at $30 a pop, they're literally more expensive than the NECA remakes and that's kinda unreasonably steep.

I really love that new companies are revisiting these older designs. I know it's appealing to nostalgia a bit but I still love it. The modernized approach works a lot better.

In regards to the original Kenner line.  I remember having Ripley, Drake and a few of the Bugs, but I really disliked them.  What was the deal with those figures?  Why did they stray so far away from likeness?

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: RidgeTop on Sep 24, 2017, 04:31:29 PM
Quote from: pmaz11 on Sep 24, 2017, 03:30:17 AM
I think that Predator is no good though....what is that? Haha

It's from the highly-stylized "Homeworld" Comic.

Thank you for sharing :) I wasn't familiar with the comics unfortunately. I do like that image from the comic, it makes the predator look pretty cool and different. Figure is still ok to me but glad I know what it's from now lol

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SNAFU84 on Sep 28, 2017, 11:37:56 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 27, 2017, 02:16:01 PM

In regards to the original Kenner line.  I remember having Ripley, Drake and a few of the Bugs, but I really disliked them.  What was the deal with those figures?  Why did they stray so far away from likeness?
With the human characters, it was literally because they didn't have the rights to use the actors' likenesses.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

That and it was more culturally acceptable at the time to market R rated films to children than it is today. You had animated series based on very adult movies like Robocop, Rambo, and Starship Troopers. An Aliens one was planned as well. They would do different designs so they could sell more toys. But hey the expanded universe has always had crazy stuff, the Kenner lines hold some serious nostalgia for people. It was one of the ways I was introduced to the franchises.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Some other new announcements:

Alien King

Newborn

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Whoa, that Alien King (based on the Rogue, I imagine) is righteous.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Definitely looks like the Rogue King! Doesn't seem to resemble that recent Sideshow bust. I dig it!

pmaz11

pmaz11

That's awesome they went with an Alien King design for sure! I will say that Sideshow bust is the best looking design I've seen though! I painted a 4-5 inch resin model that was 3D printed from that Sideshow sculpt ;D since that bust is wayyy $$$

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Another big special edition one. Glow in the dark Mega Alien:

And a glow in the dark Grid variant as well:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They're really going for it!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed