set interpretted

Started by acrediblesource, Sep 17, 2016, 09:26:13 PM

Author
set interpretted (Read 2,912 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Infected on Sep 21, 2016, 07:55:00 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/3325ok9.jpg

Offcourse its an engineer ship, its maybe not in its correct position and maybe its waiting to be put in the right position.
But lets hope its not another crashed engineer vessel lol
Why is everybody so full of denial, its an alien movie about engineers, it aint a tree it aint a branch its a f**king engineer ship.
Ok... so we went from biomechanical ship to mechanical ship to ship made out of wood.... holy f**k these are some old ass engineers.  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Blomkamp filmed models outdoors for Elysium. It was easier to just film the damn things in front of actual sky than composite them later.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

While the similarity is undeniable, it just looks like wood to me.

Though, someone did mention they saw a miniature of the Derelict at the quarry location. It was only one person to mention this to me and I didn't get any photos but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 21, 2016, 11:35:36 PM
Quote from: Infected on Sep 21, 2016, 07:55:00 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/3325ok9.jpg

Offcourse its an engineer ship, its maybe not in its correct position and maybe its waiting to be put in the right position.
But lets hope its not another crashed engineer vessel lol
Why is everybody so full of denial, its an alien movie about engineers, it aint a tree it aint a branch its a f**king engineer ship.
Ok... so we went from biomechanical ship to mechanical ship to ship made out of wood.... holy f**k these are some old ass engineers.  :laugh:
You cant tell if its wood and you cant tell if its metal or whatever,
what you can see is the shape and the color and a small amount of details at the claws.
The picture isnt detailed enough for us to see what material it is and the paws seem to have little squared shape openings,
could be a opening to carry the eggs in.
So your argument is very very invalid concerning the material.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SiL on Sep 21, 2016, 11:39:42 PM
Blomkamp filmed models outdoors for Elysium. It was easier to just film the damn things in front of actual sky than composite them later.

Yes, but that was outside on the studio backlot, not in a very remote and ecologically sensitive national park where it rains every five minutes. Lucas built very elaborate miniatures for The Phantom Menace outside on the Leavesden Film Studios backlot as well, since it was the easiest way to achieve natural lighting for the desert scenes.

Quote from: Infected on Sep 22, 2016, 10:36:46 AM
what you can see is the shape and the color and a small amount of details at the claws.
The picture isnt detailed enough for us to see what material it is and the paws seem to have little squared shape openings,

It's a bloody tree stump.

#dealwithit

Infected

Infected

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 22, 2016, 04:41:36 PM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 21, 2016, 11:39:42 PM

Yes, but that was outside on the studio backlot, not in a very remote and ecologically sensitive national park where it rains every five minutes. Lucas built very elaborate miniatures for The Phantom Menace outside on the Leavesden Film Studios backlot as well, since it was the easiest way to achieve natural lighting for the desert scenes.

Quote from: Infected on Sep 22, 2016, 10:36:46 AM

It's a bloody tree stump.

#dealwithit
I want more proof then your opinion.
People here can tell from that picture that its wood lol world is going insane.
Its derelict shaped its an alien movie yeah lets go for the tree stump................amazing!!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

How about you  journey back, way back, like to the first page in this thread and view the first picture....shaped like a HORSE SHOE!

And if you believe that for one second that the other set footage of the tree stumps with the cgi tracking squares will be JUST tree stumps in the final film, you might as well imagine this thread was created by robots.

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Engineers are worse pilots than the Roswell aliens.

SM

SM

QuoteYes, but that was outside on the studio backlot, not in a very remote and ecologically sensitive national park where it rains every five minutes.

This.

Even if you wanted the Milford Sound background - you just shoot background plates like they did at Wadi Rum.  If they're shooting 3D, pretty sure forced perspective wouldn't work anyway.  After using CG ships for Prometheus I can't imagine why they go back to practical models.

Looks like a stump.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Its a stump.. Obviously

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 22, 2016, 04:41:36 PM
I'm aware. People were asking if miniatures were ever filmed outside. I pointed out an example where they were.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Sep 22, 2016, 10:46:48 PM

We need humans to find a planet where the Engineers are experimenting on new ship designs that don't always seem to crashland the same way.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Sep 22, 2016, 10:46:48 PM
I don't know about the worse but they sure as hell can't drive a stick.  :laugh:

Actually the stuff in that box sure looks like a stainless steel alien carapace and some of it's dorsal tubes... yup. Prometheus was full of metal and now so too, the alien will be made out of Stainless Steel!

That or it could be the magical, mythological, box-alien.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 22, 2016, 09:40:37 PM
Quote from: Infected on Sep 22, 2016, 07:49:35 PM
I want more proof then your opinion.

Far left, lower middle.

Ok its an engineer branch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed