A:CM plot surprisingly close to Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual (1997)

Started by gold, Sep 16, 2016, 10:15:32 PM

Author
A:CM plot surprisingly close to Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual (1997) (Read 31,337 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 15, 2018, 03:30:58 PM
Quote from: gold on Aug 15, 2018, 11:40:09 AM
ACM actually got something of a cult status amongs fans the past 3-4 years.

There are still some people that like playing it online. The guys at the A:CM Bug Hunt Steam group have game sessions religiously every saturday since it's release, the admin have over 2000 hours of gameplay.

So I would say the multiplayer might have a cult status for some people.

To be fair, I always found the multiplayer genuinely entertaining (ignoring the various bugs that never got patched on consoles). It was nice to have an Alien game with more "updated" mechanics. I remember having so much fun on our various game nights.

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2018, 07:46:19 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 15, 2018, 03:30:58 PM
Quote from: gold on Aug 15, 2018, 11:40:09 AM
ACM actually got something of a cult status amongs fans the past 3-4 years.

There are still some people that like playing it online. The guys at the A:CM Bug Hunt Steam group have game sessions religiously every saturday since it's release, the admin have over 2000 hours of gameplay.

So I would say the multiplayer might have a cult status for some people.

To be fair, I always found the multiplayer genuinely entertaining (ignoring the various bugs that never got patched on consoles). It was nice to have an Alien game with more "updated" mechanics. I remember having so much fun on our various game nights.

It was the only game of the franchise that added a lot of customization for the multiplayer, both in apperance and weapons/xeno abilities, there were a lot of ways you could play, this kind of variety helps the player to not get bored. And since I like those things, it did make the multiplayer more enjoyable to me, as I felt those things were missing in the previous games, the customization on AVP2010 kind of disappointed me.

The third person for the aliens was another thing I liked.

gold

Aaaargh why is killing Xeno's so much fun in this game ? :) :)

Right click, open image in new tab for the full carnage.

Corporal Hicks

You should be floating in space right now.  :o

The Cruentus

Yes, join the rest in space, they all float up there.

Still Collating...

Quote from: gold on Aug 24, 2018, 12:00:21 AM
Aaaargh why is killing Xeno's so much fun in this game ? :) :)

Right click, open image in new tab for the full carnage.

What a sight to see.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed