Best YouTube playthroughs

Started by Ironb4lls, Sep 09, 2016, 08:38:28 PM

Author
Best YouTube playthroughs (Read 2,261 times)

Ironb4lls

Ironb4lls

Hey guys,

Does anyone else find watching playthrough videos of this game to be as addictive as playing the game itself?

Shortly after I finished the game the first time through, I came across a couple of clips of Markiplier, and several hours later, I couldn't stop watching. I think for me, the AI makes it a different experience every time, and it's highly entertaining to see people's reactions to key moments in the story. Markiplier's is great, and I also enjoyed the playthroughs from H2O Delirious, EunityGaming, and Rachel Rosebud (who has not one, but three different playthroughs and DLC content).

Anyone have a particular favorite?

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Ironb4lls on Sep 09, 2016, 08:38:28 PM
Hey guys,

Does anyone else find watching playthrough videos of this game to be as addictive as playing the game itself?

Shortly after I finished the game the first time through, I came across a couple of clips of Markiplier, and several hours later, I couldn't stop watching. I think for me, the AI makes it a different experience every time, and it's highly entertaining to see people's reactions to key moments in the story. Markiplier's is great, and I also enjoyed the playthroughs from H2O Delirious, EunityGaming, and Rachel Rosebud (who has not one, but three different playthroughs and DLC content).

Anyone have a particular favorite?

Post one per day here here for fun :) and we'll rate it too lol

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Watching people game rather than game is why I took several months off electronics.

Can't say I'd want to watch a play through of isolation seeing as one play through is 25 hours, plus I think I'll wake up one day shouting for Verlaine if I hear that name anymore.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Does anybody else remember those times when YouTubers like Pewdiepie got a hang of Alien:Isolation about a week earlier of release?

I do, people went crazy trying to see the game for themselves only to be deafened by girly screams.  :laugh:

Ironb4lls

Ironb4lls

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Sep 09, 2016, 10:07:18 PM
Watching people game rather than game is why I took several months off electronics.

Can't say I'd want to watch a play through of isolation seeing as one play through is 25 hours, plus I think I'll wake up one day shouting for Verlaine if I hear that name anymore.

True. I generally skip through a lot to get the "meatier" episodes, and see how different people react to particular scenes like the Axel-kabob/transit wait, the first full appearance of the creature, the San Cristobal section, the derelict, KG labs, reactor core, and the finale.

I'd never really watched Let's Plays before this. And as a parent of three small kids, I ranked "watching a stranger play a video game online" pretty low on my "ways to spend my limited free time" priority list. But they're surprisingly fun - like watching a good movie, but with a different protagonist every time.

Xeno Killer 2179

Well it wasn't until my third play through that I discovered the alien could come looking for you immediately after killing axel. I hit something with the wrench and surprise, I met the creature. I think 3 playthroughs is enough to notice 99% of everything in game. At this point you won't even find the prospect of getting close enough to smell its buttlike like a dog a big deal. I have even ran past the alien while it was sprinting the opposite direction and survived having shoulder bumped with the creature (since it apparently wanted somebody that shot at me more than me).

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Ironb4lls on Sep 09, 2016, 08:38:28 PM

Having been largely out of touch with gaming for a long time, my primary exposure to Isolation has been through Youtube. So while I can't speak to the experience of playing vs watching (I'm sure the former would require all the lights on and a safety blanket) I can concur that just watching can be extremely addictive. As for a favorite playthrough, anything that doesn't have a commentary. ;D

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Speaking of Youtube clips... Just uploaded this today. A little bit of humor! Take a look and feel free to Subscribe!!

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

I recorded my 2nd run through the game https://www.youtube.com/user/mrtomskishow

I do ramble a bit as an Alien fan, and also shit myself a fair few times. No idea how entertaining that is, I basically was trying recording for the first time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed