NECA Alien: Covenant Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 06, 2016, 07:52:31 AM

Author
NECA Alien: Covenant Figures (Read 93,460 times)

Corporal Hicks

That's a good shout. I feel like I'm going to be so busy on Alien Day.  :laugh:

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Haha you love it though!! Ive booked the day off work. I'll be busy too, dont worry. Busy watching the first two films, refreshing the galaxy page religiously and playing Alien:Isolation on nightmare again! Bring on the 26th of April.  ;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 01, 2017, 08:01:43 PM
Do we know of anything else planned for that day?

windebieste

windebieste

Yes; but I'm not telling.

Only that there's a good reason why the KickStarter campaign for HIDEOUS PLASTIC was planned to span 60 days, from March 1st to April 29.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Mar 01, 2017, 09:08:44 PM
Haha you love it though!! Ive booked the day off work. I'll be busy too, dont worry. Busy watching the first two films, refreshing the galaxy page religiously and playing Alien:Isolation on nightmare again! Bring on the 26th of April.  ;D

I'm actually away that week with the mrs. I didn't realize when we were booking it. Nice little holiday cottage down Wales. But I've got that day booked off from her to nerd out on the laptop and have the films on in the background.  :laugh:

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 02, 2017, 02:17:57 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 01, 2017, 08:01:43 PM
Do we know of anything else planned for that day?

Some comic and book releases, I think. They haven't announced anything else yet. I expect them to push Covenant quite a bit that day.

Russ840

Russ840

Having seen now what the new Xeno looks like. I cannot wait to see what Nee produce and have it on my shelf. Just hope we get a Resurrection Xeno too.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

^^ I'm dying to see the Neomorph figure, especially since the trailers seem to be purposely not showing its face. It should be cool to see what it winds up looking like. Do you think it will have a Deacon-like second jaw?

Also, I thought I was the only one who wanted a Resurrection xeno figure!  :laugh: I always liked how slightly wrong the xenos looked from the cloning.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 04, 2017, 07:08:11 PM
^^ I'm dying to see the Neomorph figure, especially since the trailers seem to be purposely not showing its face. It should be cool to see what it winds up looking like. Do you think it will have a Deacon-like second jaw?

Also, I thought I was the only one who wanted a Resurrection xeno figure!  :laugh: I always liked how slightly wrong the xenos looked from the cloning.

I love the design for resurrection but only for that movie. It has a reason for being that way. I hate how they were regurgitated for the AVP movies.

I am looking forward to seeing the neomorph. I'm hoping it is like a Giger/Lovecraftian love child lol. No idea about the Jaw.  I'd like to see the deacon jaws used again

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Russ840 on Mar 04, 2017, 08:52:35 PM

I love the design for resurrection but only for that movie. It has a reason for being that way. I hate how they were regurgitated for the AVP movies.
To be entirely fair, that was done due to budget constraints.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Neca are bringing out a Resurrection series of figures (figgers or fig-yours?! ??? ;D ) this year, which will include Ripley 8 and the alien design from the film. They have also hinted at a Newborn figure as well though I don't think that one has been confirmed just yet. With regards to the Neomorph and the inner jaw query, one of the set reports mentioned seeing a yellowy, white alien creature on set with a mouth like an anus where a small proboscis would jut out from. I'm assuming this is the Neomorph they seen. The set report which mentioned this was from 'Comingsoon', here's the quote - "In the creature department, we also see a newer version of the Deacon introduced at the end of Prometheus. He still has a pointy head, but the mouth is more of a butthole shape/texture. The anus was definitely referenced, and a beak-like thing juts out from it. It is truly disgusting."

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 05, 2017, 03:01:04 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Mar 04, 2017, 08:52:35 PM

To be entirely fair, that was done due to budget constraints.

Oh,  yeah I know that dude. I appreciate that. I still hate the design anywhere but in Resurrection.  Another place it was used was the comic 'Aliens: Apocalypse the destroying angles.' It is my only negative for that comic lol

bobby brown

bobby brown

I can dig it.
Glad to see the shoulder blades back, Whats up with that though? It clearly lacks them in the footage we seen.
Also, I can live with the dorsal tubes; They have clearly been placed further down the torso to give the alien a wider range of head movements.
Curious about how it would look with them pointing down instead, Looks pretty cool in my head.
Also, the hands are great,  f**k those flippers we've seen the last decades.

Corporal Hicks

Do we have a link to the source of that?

bobby brown

bobby brown

Found it on Facebook, so no.

Corporal Hicks

Where on Facebook?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed