Game Nights?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 02, 2016, 10:40:06 AM

Author
Game Nights? (Read 2,654 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So a while back I used to run a regular weekly game night. We did AvP 2010 and ACM. We tried at one point to do a rotating one but I think general interest had disappeared a bit by then.

RidgeTop and I were talking about trying to get one going again as it was actually really frigging fun! We were thinking PC, using AvP Classic, AvP2, AvP 2010 and ACM, just doing one each week. No idea what days yet (maybe Tuesdays or Sundays) but it's likely to be around 8pm BST.

Any interest?

aliens13

aliens13

I'm in with the AvP Classic and the AvP2, my only problem is that I only can the Friday and the Saturday.

Randomizer

Randomizer

From what I hear Olde is talking something in the Classic 2000 board. Hopefully it'd be a viable option via Gameranger. Steam version works just as fine. If people are still willing to play this game then I shall buy it.

For now I am sadly unable to participate because my backlog is fat enough as it is, and good olde AvP2 will require an install (and finding its comfy couch on my hard drive  ;D). 8pm BST is a good time, right as I usually enter.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: Randomizer on Sep 02, 2016, 03:16:29 PM
From what I hear Olde is talking something in the Classic 2000 board. Hopefully it'd be a viable option via Gameranger. Steam version works just as fine. If people are still willing to play this game then I shall buy it.

For now I am sadly unable to participate because my backlog is fat enough as it is, and good olde AvP2 will require an install (and finding its comfy couch on my hard drive  ;D). 8pm BST is a good time, right as I usually enter.
someone said in the past
"let the children come to me"
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55148.0

x-M-x

x-M-x

AvP 2010 on survival mode, would be great, it's hilarious.

Olde

Olde

You'll need to organise it as an event on a Steam group. It looks like you and Darkness are administrators of "AvP Galaxy Fans Unite" so I suggest posting the event(s) there, since 3 out of 4 of those games are played on Steam and you're going to have a limited showing if you only publicise about it here.

You're free to use my TS3 server to communicate, if you wish. There are separate lobbies for AvP Classic, AvP 2, AvP 2010, and A:CM. Server name is ts68.teamspeak3.com:7909 and password is "xenomorph" (without the quotes). Otherwise, I think the Steam group chat can be used for voice communication.

As for me, I will be happy to kick ass in AvP Classic. I'll play DM or TDM in AvP 2. I'd have to re-install AvP 2010 for survival, which is, admittedly, probably the most fun you can have in that game's multiplayer. I won't touch A:CM with a twenty-metre pole.

Lucifero

Lucifero

@Olde the end the is near!
yesterday I learned that mr xmx bought a microphone.

it would be nice to have a avpgalaxy.net / steam group ,ts server or a  Discord server connected to the forum ,and maybe some  avpgalaxy game servers : avp1, AVP2, AVP 2010 etc..
it would be interesting to unify all , have one active community and always ready server would be Galactic! :D

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 02, 2016, 10:40:06 AM
So a while back I used to run a regular weekly game night. We did AvP 2010 and ACM. We tried at one point to do a rotating one but I think general interest had disappeared a bit by then.

RidgeTop and I were talking about trying to get one going again as it was actually really frigging fun! We were thinking PC, using AvP Classic, AvP2, AvP 2010 and ACM, just doing one each week. No idea what days yet (maybe Tuesdays or Sundays) but it's likely to be around 8pm BST.

Any interest?
interest? avp2 in all its many forms as long as you can convince xmx to play and maybe rent a economic server !
(and then at a later time to make it more powerful )

RaZorbakk36

RaZorbakk36

Im down.  I enjoyed the 2 game nights i participated in  back in 360 what.  5 years ago? I was sad to see them go.  But life kicked my ass.    The best part was finally having people to talk to  about Aliens! Its been a lonely 28 years since i first saw Aliens. As a kid.  HICKS  ridgetop were really great and laid back.  Uncannypsycho was an odd duck . But  . Beb didnt say much.  hicks ordered a pizza. . ... i have a very good memory. .. its not weird.. dont look at me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Lucifero

Lucifero

@RaZorbakk36 well join in discord!

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55193.0

no matter what alien game, just be in alien company.

@xmx no matter how ms the people use for play!

just that it is simple and functional!

I do not care if the tbbc /rommie mod  be the most popular!

I do not want to prevent the evolution / corruption that this ancient and forbidden game have suffered over time.

I want have a choice.

and you do not give me a choice just words.

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1472016609/0#9

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Olde on Sep 03, 2016, 06:48:07 AM
You'll need to organise it as an event on a Steam group. It looks like you and Darkness are administrators of "AvP Galaxy Fans Unite" so I suggest posting the event(s) there, since 3 out of 4 of those games are played on Steam and you're going to have a limited showing if you only publicise about it here.

You're free to use my TS3 server to communicate, if you wish. There are separate lobbies for AvP Classic, AvP 2, AvP 2010, and A:CM. Server name is ts68.teamspeak3.com:7909 and password is "xenomorph" (without the quotes). Otherwise, I think the Steam group chat can be used for voice communication.

Brilliant, much appreciated, thanks. Yeah, will definitely have to use the Steam group. Don't really go on there much atm.

Quote from: RaZorbakk36 on Sep 05, 2016, 01:44:43 AM
Im down.  I enjoyed the 2 game nights i participated in  back in 360 what.  5 years ago? I was sad to see them go.  But life kicked my ass.    The best part was finally having people to talk to  about Aliens! Its been a lonely 28 years since i first saw Aliens. As a kid.  HICKS  ridgetop were really great and laid back.  Uncannypsycho was an odd duck . But  . Beb didnt say much.  hicks ordered a pizza. . ... i have a very good memory. .. its not weird.. dont look at me

I think I still have you on my XBL friends list. Jesus, that was such a long time ago.  :laugh:

Can folk throw up some days that they're available? We'll try and get a start on getting one of these going.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: LadyJagz on Sep 05, 2016, 11:01:10 AM
NOOOOOOO LUCI! We already have Discord, it's not website based, it's for AVP in General even for just fans on the movies, comics & books.
but also avpgalaxy has the same reason.

or i say wrong? dear Drama Queen?

no matter if we use forum ,TS or discord just that we use it all to gether the same chat or the same forum!

11 milion of users use discord, I am not aware of how many people per day are logged on this site but I am willing to bet that there are many.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2016, 09:13:43 AM

Brilliant, much appreciated, thanks. Yeah, will definitely have to use the Steam group. Don't really go on there much atm.

Quote from: RaZorbakk36 on Sep 05, 2016, 01:44:43 AM

I think I still have you on my XBL friends list. Jesus, that was such a long time ago.  :laugh:

Can folk throw up some days that they're available? We'll try and get a start on getting one of these going.

@Corporal Hicks  avpgalaxy steam group? sound galactic!
p.s
it would be interesting to integrate the advanced features of discordia chat in to the main site.

It seems complex but plausible , certainly a very interesting chat for all funn of saga alien vs predator.

to @xMx i want say relax and
Spoiler

[close]

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Lucifero on Sep 05, 2016, 11:14:09 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2016, 09:13:43 AM

@Corporal Hicks  avpgalaxy steam group? sound galactic!

Not sure how you missed the group Lucifer, I sent you once an invite to it.

RaZorbakk36

RaZorbakk36

Yeah? Now send me once an invite to it.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Just type "AvP Galaxy Fans Unite" and you're set.

RaZorbakk36

RaZorbakk36

Type it where?. Will it work without my ruby red slippers?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed