Alien vs Predator: Life and Death

Started by Ultramorph, Aug 29, 2016, 02:40:59 AM

Author
Alien vs Predator: Life and Death (Read 22,677 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

Though a shame for fans that this new comic line is no tied in continuity with the previous Dark Horses Aliens vs Predator comic of the 90's and so forth, its fascinating how they'd throw an acknowledgment to the concurring movies, we may see references to Alien Covenant in a future comic line after the movie has come out, though chances are slim once The Predator has been released in 2018 there maybe a comic issue referencing the events of that movie.

SM

SM

I've no doubt Dark Horse will do some stuff tied into The Predator.

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 19, 2017, 09:15:45 AM
I'm actually really looking forward to this issue. I'm really happy to see Thies back for the art.

We'll finally get to see a Predators with a massive sword and a morningstar

426Buddy

426Buddy

New issue was pretty sweet, I enjoyed it mostly.

Some panels look really great but Ahab's face goes from okay to mushy blur quite a bit.

Spoiler
The duel was pretty cool but the art is a little sloppy. The aliens showing up at the end was okay but they still look goofy. There was quite an army of them.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Really enjoyed #2. Ahab is so awesome. Loved how they made him look shorter than the other Preds. Don't remember him being portrayed like that in Fire and Stone but I liked it, worked as him being a bit of an underdog.

I do agree with Buddy in regards to the
Spoiler
fight scene. Would have liked the fight to have been a little clearer but I'm still digging on Thies artwork. And that end! Everyone is totally screwed.
[close]

happypred

Thies is much better than the Prometheus guy...but still far inferior to Mooneyham

Ultramorph

Issue #2 came in today, and even though I haven't read it, I have looked through it, and it looks pretty cool.
Spoiler
I agree with Hicks, making Ahab shorter than the other Preds is simple but effective at making him the underdog. They can also get away with it because we've never actually seen him in shot with other Prefs before.

I also really like designs of the xenos. Thies does a better job than Moritat at making the black goo aliens look bizarre, but not cartoony. That last page is also such a cool image. The wave of aliens coming toward the pyramid has me excited for the next issue.
[close]

Ultramorph

Dark Horse has put up a preview of #3. Beware of spoilers.
http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/29-811/Alien-vs-Predator-Life-and-Death-3#prettyPhoto

426Buddy

426Buddy

Spoiler
Looks like its going to be a big battle, I hope Ahab lives.
[close]

Well life and death is almost over, just a few more issues to go.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Picked up issue three, despite a couple of cool panels the art is just insanely messy. Still not enjoying the aliens at all. The story is more of the same, lots of action and little else. Despite the problems this issue conveys a nice build up of urgency and suspense as our characters struggle to survive.

Anyone else still following this series?

The Alien Predator

I am.

I'm thinking the
Spoiler
Predators may all end up dying as something about the preview of issue 4 in AvP Life and Death seems to hint in that direction.

"On LV-223, it's the last stand for the Colonial Marines—and their Predator allies—against an overwhelming army of Alien warriors determined to protect their new queen. Only one thing can stop them . . . and it's the last thing anybody wants!"

And notice how the Prometheus Life and Death one shot mentions nothing about Predators? Only "surviving Colonial Marines."

Here's the synopsis:

"The surviving Colonial Marines on the planet LV-223 face a final battle with an injured and enraged Engineer—and, somewhere out in space, three trapped humans seek to change the course of the Engineer's ship . . . and possibly the history of humanity!"
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 26, 2017, 09:25:31 PM
I am.

I'm thinking the
Spoiler
Predators may all end up dying as something about the preview of issue 4 in AvP Life and Death seems to hint in that direction.

"On LV-223, it's the last stand for the Colonial Marines—and their Predator allies—against an overwhelming army of Alien warriors determined to protect their new queen. Only one thing can stop them . . . and it's the last thing anybody wants!"

And notice how the Prometheus Life and Death one shot mentions nothing about Predators? Only "surviving Colonial Marines."

Here's the synopsis:

"The surviving Colonial Marines on the planet LV-223 face a final battle with an injured and enraged Engineer—and, somewhere out in space, three trapped humans seek to change the course of the Engineer's ship . . . and possibly the history of humanity!"
[close]

I agree

Spoiler
I wonder if Ahab lives though. I also wonder if the queen will be born or if she blows them all up.
[close]

Ultramorph

The release schedule has hurt this run. Dragging it out over a year was a mistake. On another note
Spoiler
I think Ahab will live.
[close]

happypred

Yeah, the xenomorphs look absolutely horrific...in a bad way

EJA

EJA

Ridley Scott is going to destroy the A/P expanded universe anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed