Alien vs Predator: Life and Death

Started by Ultramorph, Aug 29, 2016, 02:40:59 AM

Author
Alien vs Predator: Life and Death (Read 21,814 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Though it hasn't been announced yet, I did find a preliminary cover on Dave Palumbo's website, so I figured I'd get the thread rolling!

It's the third image. You can also see some cool unused Life and Death prelims.

http://www.dvpalumbo.com/tablet/prelims.html

Ultramorph

Via Brian Thies' Instagram. Beware of spoilers:
Spoiler
https://instagram.com/p/BKB377KjlFE/

Nice to see Ahab makes it out of Prometheus: L&D!
[close]

RakaiThwei

He also posted it on his Tumblr.

Looks like Ahab is either going to join up with this new Predator clan or probably fight against them. Hard to say.

happypred

Would be a shame to kill off the Ahab character

Corporal Hicks

That panel looks great!

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 07, 2016, 04:53:57 PM
He also posted it on his Tumblr.

Looks like Ahab is either going to join up with this new Predator clan or probably fight against them. Hard to say.

I have a feeling that
Spoiler
Ahab will wind up fighting against the other Predators. The ones from Tartarus are probably going to be hellbent on killing the human characters for stealing the Juggernaut, and I think Ahab will side with Galgo and company against them.
[close]

Ultramorph

The official solicitation for #1, out December 28:
Spoiler

QuoteAlien vs. Predator: Life and Death #1 (of 4)

Dan Abnett (W), Brian Thies (A), Rain Beredo (C), David Palumbo (Cover), Sachin Teng (Variant cover), and Carlos D'Anda (30th Anniversary variant)

On sale Dec 28

FC, 32 pages

$3.99

Miniseries

The Predators arrive on LV-223! The question is: are they here to finish the fight with the Colonial Marines, or will they join the marines in the battle against the Aliens? And who will Ahab—the Predator from the Fire and Stone story cycle—side with?

Looks like we were right about Thies coming back for art duties. I really hope Agustin Alession comes back for the Omega issue. What side do you all want Ahab to come down on? Fingers crossed that we get a more traditional AvP comic this time around.
[close]

Nostromo

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 15, 2016, 10:59:43 PM
The official solicitation for #1, out December 28:

Alien vs. Predator: Life and Death #1 (of 4)

Nice cover for an AVP issue. Love those deacon looking heads on the Aliens.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 16, 2016, 12:08:21 AM
Nice cover for an AVP issue. Love those deacon looking heads on the Aliens.

I was hoping I wasn't seeing things! Not sure if I want that cover or the 30th anniversary one.

Ultramorph

Picked up the 30th anniversary variant on TFAW, it was just too cool to pass up!

Corporal Hicks

I can't stand the variant covers. Only one I've liked so far has been Dorman's for Prometheus! Loving Palumbo's cover though!

As for Ahab -

Spoiler
I've no idea. I didn't get to see any of the tension between him and the marines I was hoping for so it feels a little empty at the minute.
[close]

Ultramorph

Yeah that's a good point
Spoiler
the Palumbo cover shows Ahab fighting alongside Freebody, so it's pretty much alread given away.
[close]

SM

SM

Spoiler
The marines should get pissy about a Predator who wasn't even on Tartarus?  When they're in a life and death (*ahem*) situation and the Predator is helping them?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

A little tension and some minor mistrust would have been nice. Nothing to jeopardise their safety. They don't know him.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed