What's the most important aspect of the film?

Started by azerty, Sep 14, 2007, 09:29:46 PM

What's the most important aspect of the film?

action (good choreography,explosions,blood, fights etc)
13 (25.5%)
the creatures looks
4 (7.8%)
the acting
3 (5.9%)
the storyline
27 (52.9%)
the horror
4 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author
What's the most important aspect of the film? (Read 1,457 times)

Pred-Xeno

Storyline, even if I mostly enjoy action and horror and good looking costumes that's just a bonus. I can get into any kind of movie that has a good storyline and thats what matters for me.

genocyber

it has to be scary

azerty

I'd say action because every other thing just can't work in a ( be honest) cheesy versus monster film.

The avp franchise will never get the best actors, best storyline. The horror is also long gone because of over familiarity, which basically leaves the action sequences.

Freddy vs Jason wasn't horror at all, i call it a cheesy B entertainment action flick, i believe or think avp is just the same.

All superhero or monster movies are a bit cheesy to be honest. Superman,spiderman,batman c'mon it's never highly rated, it's all about entertainment.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Batman Begins was a film where the titular character appears nearly an hour in, and Spider-Man 2 is considered the best superhero films of all time. I can understand Superman: The Movie because it dated itself even during the time period of release, but with the aforementioned there was great acting (at least in BB...I never felt Tobey or Kirsten had much flair), a great story to tell, and superb plotting.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is this...if you really want to see something and know it's in the studio's power to give it to us, why not hope you get it? When we make ourselves receptive to every little thing, we effectively tell the higher-ups that it's okay to cut a corner here and there. Ever want to see an Alien film where no one gets a headbite because it might "offend special interest groups"? Then why give up on the good fight to see these creatures as they should be seen?

xenomorph36

storyline and acting is the main key to any movie ,animation, yadda yadda.

i dont think avp r hit any of that though..  :-[

The Chibi Kiriyama

The dialogue isn't the issue for me, it's the line delivery. Aliens and Predator were testosterone-drenched films, but the lines in them and the delivery are iconic to this very day.

Pred-Xeno

Yea they are to this day still remembered and stick to us. As for AVP-R hitting any of them probably one or two.

James OCanis

I'm going to go against the flow here and say the acting is the most important part. The storyline can be crap, the the action can be mediocre, and you can see the zipper in the costume, but if you've got talented actors on the screen, they can make it all feel much more convincing.

azerty

Completely disagree. The monsters are the stars, making the action priority number 1. Spiderman might have good acting but the hero itself is human too. Aliens or preds don't have lines. What makes a movie good or bad is a bit of everything offcourse. I forgot something in my original poll--> music. If the music can create the tension it's bound to be very creepy

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think the story is the most important aspect for the movie. I don't really care about CGI.

The Demon

I didn't vote because you can't have one important thing. They all are important. You can't have one without the others.

I can tell you what I'm most excited for.. How the Predator will look on screen killing Aliens.

YutaniDitch

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 15, 2007, 03:34:57 PM
I didn't vote because you can't have one important thing. They all are important. You can't have one without the others.

I can tell you what I'm most excited for.. How the Predator will look on screen killing Aliens.

I fully agree... But if I had to vote just one, I would vote the 'storyline' because it is the core of any movie... :) ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed