What's the most important aspect of the film?

Started by azerty, Sep 14, 2007, 09:29:46 PM

What's the most important aspect of the film?

action (good choreography,explosions,blood, fights etc)
13 (25.5%)
the creatures looks
4 (7.8%)
the acting
3 (5.9%)
the storyline
27 (52.9%)
the horror
4 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author
What's the most important aspect of the film? (Read 1,458 times)

azerty

Since the new picture (preds face) has been panned by the masses i think this question is appropriate.

What's the most important aspect?

The Chibi Kiriyama

For me it's the storyline, but considering how little effort goes into actually creating a script that has depth in Hollywood as we know it that's something I've learned to let go of. The second would be horror...not gory disgust, but real genuine terror.

SiL

I put storyline. I'm never going to see a 'real' Alien again, so now all I can hope for is a story which doesn't mess with the Alien franchise.

The Chibi Kiriyama

I'm surprised storyline is ahead for now. I imagined everyone would just focus on teh 'sploshions.

SiL

Just wait for the majority of members to start voting.

Ballzanya

i put storyline. You need to have a good story or else its just a wankfest of special effects and gore.

Aeus

Storyline. End of.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Sep 14, 2007, 09:35:48 PM
I'm surprised storyline is ahead for now. I imagined everyone would just focus on teh 'sploshions.

I love sploshions!

Plokoon111

QuoteI put storyline. I'm never going to see a 'real' Alien again, so now all I can hope for is a story which doesn't mess with the Alien franchise.

Unless your a directer in the future Sil!

Id have to pcik all of them, you can't have horror without good looking suits, or a good story line, and can't have action without good charecters.

Aeus

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Sep 14, 2007, 10:00:20 PM
QuoteI put storyline. I'm never going to see a 'real' Alien again, so now all I can hope for is a story which doesn't mess with the Alien franchise.
Id have to pcik all of them, you can't have horror without good looking suits

I suggest you watch Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho.

Caledonia

Storyline.

Docta Jekyll

I say action, because the story already isn't perfect, it could be better, so the best we can hope for is that it is executed as good as possible, and it looks that way, but still, the earth present day keeps the story from being 100% perfect, the creature effects are important, but there have never really been creature effects for these creatures that are down right unbelievably terrible for the time they were made in, yes, AVP got the pred look wrong, but the only real bad part was the realisticness of the face, the bodies and whatnot looked good, but were just done in a style most didn't like.

and I like the predators face, it looks good, and again, its not a great picture to judge from, I mean, compare what most people thought of the alien from that first released pic to what they think of what they saw in the trailer, and the opinions of the two are usually very different.

but for a film like this, where these creatures really aren't scary anymore, the horror isn't the most important aspect either.

So I say action, and that includes fights and deaths all around, any scenes of intensity count as action for me, anywhere where the creatures are attacking, and the humans running in fright, all falls into the action of the film, and if that is done in a really really great way, I think the film will at least be quite enjoyable

so there really isn't any one most important aspect, but if there was one that I want them to nail in comparison to the last film, it certainly would be the action.

JaredK21

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Sep 14, 2007, 09:56:03 PM
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Sep 14, 2007, 09:35:48 PM

I love sploshions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdkAgP_nDg4

AHAHAHA! Thank you for that! That was so great :]

War Wager

The storyline is what makes a good movie.

Plokoon111

QuoteAlfred Hitchcock's Psycho

Thats not scary at all, manaics running around killing people?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed