PREDATOR Prequel Novel - Christopher Golden

Started by felix, Aug 04, 2016, 05:33:52 AM

Author
PREDATOR Prequel Novel - Christopher Golden (Read 56,062 times)

felix

felix

Found this by accident on BNC CataLists
https://bnccatalist.ca/ViewTitle.aspx?id=6340491

Release Date: May 30th

"The official prequel to the original film. Two Predators race through space, one a rogue, the other in pursuit. Their conflict brings them to Earth, where the rogue launches the assault on "Dutch" Schaefer and his unit, as seen in the 1987 movie Predator. The pursuing Yautja arrives and stops the rogue. In an ironic twist, however, he is mistaken for the rogue and attacked by Schaefer, who seeks to avenge his men."

SM

Predators own River of Pain.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: felix on Aug 04, 2016, 05:33:52 AM
"The official prequel to the original film. Two Predators race through space, one a rogue, the other in pursuit. Their conflict brings them to Earth, where the rogue launches the assault on "Dutch" Schaefer and his unit, as seen in the 1987 movie Predator. The pursuing Yautja arrives and stops the rogue. In an ironic twist, however, he is mistaken for the rogue and attacked by Schaefer, who seeks to avenge his men."

Wait.... what?

Okay, so they're going with the whole Yautja thing again... Great, fine, but... two Predators, one being the Bad Blood and the other an Enforcer I'm assuming... So is Diablo the Rogue in the first act, but the second act... I'm lost. I was under the impression the film featured just ONE Predator.

SM

SM

Not anymore I guess...

RakaiThwei

So they're more or less... retconning the first film and the hunt was never really a hunt, just... one Predator being in the right place, but at the wrong time... Mm'kay...

Ultramorph

That's an...interesting reinterpretation of the first movie. Hopefully it's a better novel than RoP was, at least.

g2vd

g2vd

Whaaaaatttt?

That's a huge twist and it also doesn't make any sense.. are we to presume the Predators were identical twins? you know considering they looked exactly the same...

And so like when the Predator was lured to Dutch did the "Good Guy" have some amazing battle with the Rogue one and kill it in 2 minutes?

Or did the "Good One" just kill it prior and than thought "Hey, these are some nice skulls I think I'll keep em."

This is terrible it screws the whole canon of the movie up.

The Shuriken

Can't say I like this idea.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: g2vd on Aug 04, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Whaaaaatttt?

That's a huge twist and it also doesn't make any sense.. are we to presume the Predators were identical twins? you know considering they looked exactly the same...

And so like when the Predator was lured to Dutch did the "Good Guy" have some amazing battle with the Rogue one and kill it in 2 minutes?

Or did the "Good One" just kill it prior and than thought "Hey, these are some nice skulls I think I'll keep em."

This is terrible it screws the whole canon of the movie up.

From reading that synopsis, I think the Rogue is the one who kills Hopper's team and then gets killed by Anytime who in the end couldn't help himself to an opportunistic hunt.

The Yautja in Incursion were said to go on "opportunistic hunts" while fleeing from an overwhelming force. Predators honestly can't help it lol.

EDIT: I re-read it and yeah, he does seem to attack Dutch Schaefer's team. My bad.

Ultramorph

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, hopefully it means we'll be getting a trilogy or something.

felix

It's still a long way till release. I am sure the synopsis will be changed by then.

Ultramorph

The two Preator thing was probably meant to be a surprise, like how the first Predator: Incursion synopsis spoiled the book.  :laugh:

g2vd

I mean I would actually be really interested in this if it was like a "What-If" type scenario or a Novel that followed the films events from the Perdator's perspective. but this is a Official Prequel Novel which likely means or possibly that is that the Predator we will see in "The Predator" is actually...the original Jungle Hunter...because I mean it has to be otherwise I don't see why anyone would go to the trouble of retconning Predator to have actually had two Predators if you're not trying to do that.

The Alien Predator

This rogue Predator will explain why the Predator shot people in the back from branches while cloaked if we go by the Yautja concept of that being unsporty and cowardly.

RakaiThwei

Is it wrong to say that I think they're trying to fix something that ain't broke?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed