Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 120,603 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 22, 2017, 11:56:55 PM
I believe that's the anthology.

It is the anthology and yeah, that's the title. We should be seeing the cover sometime soon.

felix

Thanks for the confirmation.

HuDaFuK

Nice, about as suitable title as any. Kinda ties into Bug Hunt for the Aliens book too, both being quotes from military guys about what they're facing.

EJA

Would anyone like to see characters from the movies appear, e.g. Dutch, Anna, Harrigan?

Xenomrph

Quote from: EJA on Mar 04, 2017, 01:16:11 PM
Would anyone like to see characters from the movies appear, e.g. Dutch, Anna, Harrigan?
Ehhh... perhaps only in the capacity as a retelling of the events of a movie, from that character's perspective.

HuDaFuK

A story about what happened to Dutch following the first film that doesn't even feature Predators could be quite cool, and different. Plus you could slip Keyes in there, per the Predator 2 novelisation.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 05, 2017, 10:54:07 AM
A story about what happened to Dutch following the first film that doesn't even feature Predators could be quite cool, and different. Plus you could slip Keyes in there, per the Predator 2 novelisation.
The problem is, if the anthology is meant to be about Predators, having a story that doesn't feature any Predators in it is going to seem pretty out of place. It'd have been like if 'Prometheus' had been titled as an Alien film, and doesn't include any Aliens in it.

HuDaFuK

Who says the anthology has to be all about Predators?

The Aliens: Bug Hunt anthology is about the Colonial Marines, not the Aliens, and it's been confirmed there will be stories that don't feature any Aliens included. Frankly, that sounds to me like a huge breath of fresh air and I'm all the more excited for it. I'd be perfectly happy to see them include one or two Pred-less stories in this.

Xenomrph

Well in that case, sure, I'd be down for it.

The sorta-problem is that Colonial Marines are interesting on their own, without needing Aliens to make them cool. Characters from Predator movies might not be able to hold up their own stories without Predators, similar to that idea Ridley Scott was floating around about Ripley going on Alien-less space adventures.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 05, 2017, 05:11:48 PM

The sorta-problem is that Colonial Marines are interesting on their own, without needing Aliens to make them cool. Characters from Predator movies might not be able to hold up their own stories without Predators, similar to that idea Ridley Scott was floating around about Ripley going on Alien-less space adventures.

What were these ideas? I'm curious to what he planned and what kind of adventures Ripley would've had.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 05, 2017, 07:35:14 PM

What were these ideas? I'm curious to what he planned and what kind of adventures Ripley would've had.
We honestly don't know, as far as I can recall the most detail he ever went into was literally "Ripley goes on space adventures" or something to that effect. This was well before Prometheus even entered production, circa 2008.

Here's a link I found from a google search:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/sigourney-weaver-and-ridley-scott-considering-more-ellen-ripley/

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 06, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 05, 2017, 07:35:14 PM

We honestly don't know, as far as I can recall the most detail he ever went into was literally "Ripley goes on space adventures" or something to that effect. This was well before Prometheus even entered production, circa 2008.

Here's a link I found from a google search:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/sigourney-weaver-and-ridley-scott-considering-more-ellen-ripley/

Thanks for the link.

Corporal Hicks

We'll be exclusively revealing the full line up of authors and cover art later today.

HuDaFuK

Noice, look forward to seeing both.

426Buddy

426Buddy

sweet!

Better than the Bug Hunt cover, looks good. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed