Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 118,846 times)

BryanThomasS

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 18, 2018, 09:08:52 PM
I think it's a completely different situation in all honesty- no matter how much they want to be connected they have very different lineages, box office popularity and academic interest.
I can understand that you believe this but it is naive. The films bring the audience and grow it. No films, no future audience growth and no growth potential, no market interest because Titan wants titles that grow and keep selling. They are not interested in a passionate but stagnant fanbase but a growing one.

The Old One

The Old One

Just so there's no misunderstanding: I was comparing Alien to Predator in reply to the Moderator, and pointing out how there's a clear separation in the amount of fiction being produced for one rather than the other, in general- not specifically novels.

Wysps

Quote from: Still Collating... on Sep 21, 2018, 10:45:34 AM
I've been loving the original Titan novels, it's really been a breath of fresh air for both the Alien and Predator franchise these past few years. Not all of them were perfect, but I consistently enjoy the novels more than the recent movies, most of the comics and even some of the games. I mean, the most recent novels have really done it for me, The Cold Forge is one the best things I've read in a while and going through the Pred anthology now, I can say it's fantastic.

Just because the movies have bad/lazy writers and the movies don't perform as well as the studio hoped they would, doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with the novels. The good novels (and other EU material) shouldn't suffer because the movies keep making stupid decisions.

Was very happy to hear we're getting an Alien Isolation novel, hope it's done well. If we could get just one more novel/antho, I'd really like to see an AVP anthology given a try where both species are treated respectfully. If a predator hugs an alien, pred becomes mince meat. If an alien is faced by a pred at long range, alien is roasted. A lot can be done by just thinking of specific situations where one has an advantage over the other and vice versa, not to mention the numbers of each species and the skill level of the individuals.

I hope Disney doesn't do anything rash. Whatever the future of these franchises may be, I've really enjoyed Titans run so far.

Same, the quality of what Titan's been producing is just amazing.  It would be shame for even the license itself to transfer to someone else.  I wish there was more we fans could be doing to promote these titles, other than just buying the books and reading them. 

BryanThomasS

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 21, 2018, 11:28:02 AM
Just so there's no misunderstanding: I was comparing Alien to Predator in reply to the Moderator, and pointing out how there's a clear separation in the amount of fiction being produced for one rather than the other, in general- not specifically novels.
ah sorry. I missed the moderator post.

Frosty Venom

AVP anthology next please.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't know if that's probable or profitable.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 27, 2018, 11:34:16 AM
Only one way to find out!

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 27, 2018, 11:34:16 AM

Money aside, it's just the right thing to do.  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

The right thing to do is often expensive and unpopular.

Deep Sigh

BryanThomasS

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Sep 27, 2018, 05:21:59 AM
AVP anthology next please.

Due to the film's failure, I will be lucky to get to do another Predator antho. An AvP antho is a nonstarter atm. I asked.

Naginata

Naginata

^ I don't fully understand this, though. I was under the impression that the first Predator antho got rave reviews and sold pretty well without even being attached to a movie; why would the movie's failure (and even then, it's not the flop people were fearing) mean anything on the novel side of things, especially since they wouldn't connect anyway?

EDIT: Oh, and just for completion's sake, I'm gonna go full fangirl for a second - IF IT BLEEDS WAS ORGASMICALLY GOOD HOLY SHIT.

BryanThomasS

Thanks. Because the single biggest PR source are movies. Without them, no fanbase. An alienated fanbase may not buy books. I don't fully understand the psychology of it myself because my book sold over 10k copies in less than a year bur both my novel and 2nd pred antho are in jeopardy atm.

Emalone657

You had a new predator novel coming out ? Sorry if it's obvious I legit just made this account and didnt go through the other pages yet

Naginata

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Oct 03, 2018, 01:50:23 AM
Thanks. Because the single biggest PR source are movies. Without them, no fanbase. An alienated fanbase may not buy books. I don't fully understand the psychology of it myself because my book sold over 10k copies in less than a year bur both my novel and 2nd pred antho are in jeopardy atm.

Please direct me to the license-holders, that I might tie them to a chair and jam money down their throats until they produce both of those things.

Seriously, though - I'm sorry to hear that; it really sucks.  :( Here's hoping they see the light.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Naginata on Oct 03, 2018, 03:15:33 AM
Quote from: BryanThomasS on Oct 03, 2018, 01:50:23 AM

Please direct me to the license-holders, that I might tie them to a chair and jam money down their throats until they produce both of those things.

Don't make it so easy. They need to behave themselves first. Then just tease them with a good Jackson. When they start begging, you might slap them across the face with it. If they like it, do it some more. If they don't like it, give em the "hard currency".  And go deep.   ;D

Nothing says love like a liberty dollar from the bottom of grandma's change jar.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed