Callie Hernandez Talks Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 01, 2016, 08:16:09 PM

Author
Callie Hernandez Talks Alien: Covenant (Read 19,546 times)

Corporal Hicks

Callie Hernandez talks Alien: Covenant in a new interview with SlashFilm. Very little is known about the character Hernandez is playing and unfortunately this interview doesn’t really shine a light on that particular mystery. She doesn’t go into a lot of detail but Hernandez talks about the sets and the Aliens:

“Describing Alien: Covenant, Hernandez told me how director Ridley Scott employed practical sets to simulate the intensity of the space mission. "The sets are very real," Hernandez said. "You're in this built ship and then he's like [in British accent], 'Turn on the hydraulics.' Then you're like, what is he talking about? Then it's suddenly shaking and you're like, 'Oh, that's what he means.' So the sets were pretty unreal." 

Callie Hernandez talks Alien: Covenant in a new interview with SlashFilm.

Callie Hernandez talks Alien: Covenant in a new interview with SlashFilm. Picture from Blair Witch.

When asked if seeing the Aliens in real life destroyed the illusion, she responded: "No, it was just as terrifying as you would ever imagine it to be.” She was also asked about her character name but Hernandez doesn’t divulge, saying that "I want to just tell you but I don't know if I'll get completely reprimanded for that."

Keep your browsers locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest news on Alien: Covenant (and The Predator and Alien 5). Add us to your bookmarks or follow us on social media. You can find us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

Nostromo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2016, 08:16:09 PMWhen asked if seeing the Aliens in real life destroyed the illusion, she responded: <em>"No, it was just as terrifying as you would ever imagine it to be.

What does that mean, no CGI, using the ol reliable suit?

Corporal Hicks

McBride has talked about being chased by Aliens and I saw at least one mention of guys in Alien suits chasing people down the corridors. I think it's pretty safe to assume we're getting practical Aliens!  :)

BishopShouldGo

Lol yes, CGI you composite in post-production. That doesn't mean we won't see CGI xenomorphs/xenomorph shots though. All of the creatures in Prometheus were practical though, all slightly enhanced with CGI.

Corporal Hicks

I'd expect CGI tails. Maybe enhancements to any complication movements and such.

whiterabbit

Acting in a green room has gotta f**king suck vs actually having to runaway from a man in a rubber suit.

T Dog

It'll be very interesting to see how Ridley does the aliens considering he employs so much practicality. I am hoping for the big chap as well as some new designs too. I'd definitely take new translucent adult deacon over big chap though!

426Buddy

My excitment has really grown for Covenant! I think this will be a much more satisfying alien film than prometheus, even if it still doesnt return to Gigers aesthetic for the Jockey tech.

I cant wait until next year, that moment in the theater when the film is about to start and everyone quiets down, its going to be exciting.

oduodu

Is that picture from Covenant? I mean a scene From Covenant?

Looks horrifying to say the least.

BishopShouldGo

Lol. Alien: Covenant will look gorgeous, courtesy of Ridley and Dariusz. Not remotely down and dirty like... that.

Nostromo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2016, 08:26:29 PM
McBride has talked about being chased by Aliens and I saw at least one mention of guys in Alien suits chasing people down the corridors. I think it's pretty safe to assume we're getting practical Aliens!  :)

That's crazy bro, lol. They're coming boys...better run for the hills. Sounds fkin awesome whatever you just described...corridors and an Alien or Aliens sounds good to me. Half rubber suits half cgi is better than all cgi for sure.

XENOMORPHOSIS

What are the possible creative Xenomorph kills we can expect, face hugger impregnation's chestburster eruption, horific painful mutation explicit body horror, being melted from acid blood, being eaten alive, being devoured in gorey fashion, a crew member subject to a fate similar to Lambert's implied rape, an instance where in space a crew member is jettisoned from the ship and succumbs to decompression. All the possibilities are there, hope they step their game up after the kills in Prometheus, aside from Milbourne being deep throated by the Hammerpede and Vickers being crushed under the crashed Juggernaut ship the deaths fell were under whelming.

oduodu

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 01, 2016, 09:55:28 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Aug 01, 2016, 09:53:30 PM
Is that picture from Covenant? I mean a scene From Covenant?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2016, 08:16:09 PM
Picture from Blair Witch.

Damn that looks shit scary. It creeps the hell out of me. Wow if Covenant comes anywhere near that I too would run out of the cinema.

BR1XER

Dark lighting, grime, and blood does not necessarily a scary scene make.

Personally, I don't know how scary the Blair Witch was. But we don't want another Prometheus in terms of horror.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed