Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 432,852 times)

PredBabe

Yeah, it's one thing to feel passion for a particular fandom, but if you're going out of your way to write hate mail and death threats because you don't like someone else's interpretation (regardless of reviews) then clearly you need to get a grip on reality. It's not that serious. There's more constructive and tactful ways of getting a point across.

Original Predator

Social Media is a backwards step in society. 

Good for Black for shutting it down. Anyone "active" on social media would be better for getting rid of it. 

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I don't agree with that sentiment at all. Social Media is a brand new way for people from all over the world to interact. "With freedom comes excess."

It's new, it's experimental. Finding the bounderies and what works is going to be the subject of discussion in 20 years time.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I feel like the internet and social media were intended to spread knowledge, understanding, and connect humanity to one another.

However in reality it spreads ignorance, anger, and isolates people from one another more than ever.

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 10, 2018, 11:49:20 PM
I feel like the internet and social media was intended to spread knowledge, understanding, and connect humanity to one another.

However in reality it spreads ingnorance, anger, and and isolates people from one another more than ever.

We've got more "phones" in more human hands than at any other time in history, yet nobody is using them to openly "talk" to another person. Technology is a wild thing.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Original Predator on Jul 10, 2018, 08:30:10 PM
Social Media is a backwards step in society. 

Good for Black for shutting it down. Anyone "active" on social media would be better for getting rid of it. 
And what exactly are you typing this on right now? ;)

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 10, 2018, 12:57:55 PM
The Mandarin twist was the best thing in Iron Man 3...
I'd use it as a double layer and him in fact be the mandarin after all... but the best thing is Tony being addicted to the suit due to PTSD.

Still Collating...

I feel like the internet and social media were intended to spread knowledge, understanding, and connect humanity to one another.

However in reality it spreads ignorance, anger, and isolates people from one another more than ever.

The internet is a tool, like any other. Has it's risks and advantages but I don't believe is inherently bad. IMO the internet has just given a louder voice and an excuse for people to show their true face, anonymity without the fear of consequences. Now, at least, those opinions aren't hidden any more and we can try and deal with the toxic ones.

Personally, I'm happy that I live at a time where medicine and technology can save and improve people's lives better than ever before and that I can have a realtime conversation with someone across the world.   

Danversity

There was a test screening yesterday right? Any word on that?

Xerxész

Quote from: Danversity on Jul 11, 2018, 04:09:27 PM
There was a test screening yesterday right? Any word on that?

I hope Hicks is already writing the articel about it! ;D
Anyway, I would also be interested in the echoes of the version they screed yesterday.

Highland

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jul 11, 2018, 11:49:21 AM

The internet is a tool, like any other. Has it's risks and advantages but I don't believe is inherently bad. IMO the internet has just given a louder voice and an excuse for people to show their true face, anonymity without the fear of consequences. Now, at least, those opinions aren't hidden any more and we can try and deal with the toxic ones.

Personally, I'm happy that I live at a time where medicine and technology can save and improve people's lives better than ever before and that I can have a realtime conversation with someone across the world.   

The media make it out to be wayyyy worse than it is. You ever met any of these rabid star wars bigots or the like? There's like one in every thousand and most likely a lot of the time it's clueless teenagers that haven't learned any respect yet. It's sort of the same with the SJW and the movements going on. You go down the pub....none of that stuff is actually happening.

I had a deep think about this the other night after a fair few Guiness (great stuff). The internet world really isn't like the real world at all. There''s a whole bunch of people living in a bubble that's not representing what's actually out there.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Highland on Jul 12, 2018, 03:56:15 AM
It's sort of the same with the SJW and the movements going on. You go down the pub....none of that stuff is actually happening.

Well... Yeah. That's like going to a Ivy League University and find a KKK rally going on.

I had a deep think about this the other night after a fair few Guiness (great stuff). The internet world really isn't like the real world at all. There''s a whole bunch of people living in a bubble that's not representing what's actually out there.

The internet is a society of it's own. Just as socially real as anything in reality. If someone lives most of their lives on a computer...

Let me put this to you another way, Highland, most of my life, most of my interactions with the human race, have been on the internet. Most. Most of the people I've known. Most of the relationships I've started originated through meeting someone online in a community like this, most of my creative ventures have been carried out with groups from around the world on the internet...

...So, yes, reality is a very different place, but does that invalidate the digital realm? If I can have essentially lived a... 75-80% "digital" existence via typing, voice, and video?

Highland

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 12, 2018, 05:38:24 AM
It's sort of the same with the SJW and the movements going on. You go down the pub....none of that stuff is actually happening.

Well... Yeah. That's like going to a Ivy League University and find a KKK rally going on.

The internet is a society of it's own. Just as socially real as anything in reality. If someone lives most of their lives on a computer...

Let me put this to you another way, Highland, most of my life, most of my interactions with the human race, have been on the internet. Most. Most of the people I've known. Most of the relationships I've started originated through meeting someone online in a community like this, most of my creative ventures have been carried out with groups from around the world on the internet...

...So, yes, reality is a very different place, but does that invalidate the digital realm? If I can have essentially lived a... 75-80% "digital" existence via typing, voice, and video?

I'm not saying the digital world is irrelevant, that would be ridiculous. It's very much connected to the real world.

What I'm saying is the bad eggs of the digital world are just like the bad eggs in the real world, except they are getting 100 times the exposure which gets everyone worked up into a frothy mess. People say things like "this world has gone to shit!".

No, that stuff was always there, you just didn't get the chance to have your say in it or get notified via pop up when some idiot did something stupid.

Xerxész

Umm...sweet?  ;D

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlHFMg7ATSx/?hl=ru&tagged=thepredator

QuoteThis magazine has a 4 page spread on Keegan-Michael Key and his role in #thepredator there's nothing new in terms of movie information. It's basically about Keegan's past with learning about the predator when he saw the first movie. His impression of Arnold's acting in that movie and why he chose to partake in this movie (because he likes #shaneblack 's writing). There's no spoilers in this so.. yeah.  #predator #predatorlore #predator4

Corporal Hicks

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlFv3Y6lgmN/?taken-by=oliviamunn

Bit of franchise crossover...notice the name on the cake.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed