Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 23, 2016, 11:25:49 PM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service" (Read 113,340 times)

Drukathi

Awesome! If Terminator 6 will show that retcons is working for AAA franchises (and may be Blomkamp's Robocob 2 (4) too) - I think we finally get Aliens sequel.

Well, Alien 3 is good movie and nobody takes it from us (just remember this and relax), but another side of Aliens fans finally get a long awaited sequel. With Cameron and Blomkamp on a board I no doubt what it will be awesome movie!

Samhain13

Samhain13

Cameron might be the one that will make the space jockey great again.

Vrastal

I really dont think blomkamp is the right person for the job. I especially dont want anything else to do with ripley. I hate that they try to force ripley into everybsingle thing. Wheather its crappy memory erasing or 400 year distance of blood relations. Its got to stop.

Id love another alien movie. But its got to be done right.

Perfect-Organism

Rankles75

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 08, 2019, 04:14:12 PM
Cameron might be the one that will the space jockey great again.

Maybe start by making it the right size...  ;)

Gary the Xenomorph

Gary the Xenomorph

This is excellent news to me. tho I do agree with some of the posts below... though Ripley is my spirit animal, Im ready for some new blood (besides Fassbender) to carry the franchise... give me a tough ass colonial marine and a super shady Weyland Yutani Exec that is also more of a survivor than Carter Burke... like Julian or whatever from the book Cold Forge would be a step in right direction! And droids that are dependable dammit! LOL

Cellien

XenoHunter99

If Cameron gets A5 made, great! I'll watch it. Why not? I watched The Predator, too. That's a confused movie, but ok. Expecting it to be one of the absolute worst movies ever made ensured that it was a pleasant surprise. At least it was BRUTAAAL!  ;D No longer bothered by inconsistencies. All movies have holes. If it's good with a beer and some popcorn, they've done their job. If you're upset because parts of a movie suck, maybe the next one will be better. Or maybe it won't. Doesn't matter. Sooner or later, we'll be watching. 8)

Nukiemorph

Let Newt and Ripley Rest In Peace.

Go ahead and let Blomkamp make one, but go with his earlier idea that didn't involve Ripley.

Still Collating...

Well I would've never guessed in a million years that Cameron is still trying  to get this of the ground. Didn't get that he was actually that stoked about it. I hate the idea of retconing Alien 3 and bringing old Ripley and old Hicks back, but you never know. In the last few years, all the movies turned out quite different from what I expected. So if I think this isn't a good idea and that it'll never happen, maybe it does and it turns out great?

Whatever the case may be, I'm more than intrigued by this news.

XenoHunter99

@Still Collating..: Agree! That's the spirit :D

Ultramorph

And the fire burns on and on and on and on.  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 08, 2019, 04:10:43 PM
Quote from: 0321recon on Feb 08, 2019, 04:01:57 PM
If there going to do something, at least bring some elements from Scott failed final prequel film....war of the world scenerio with the Engineers and the pathogen. Have the engineers and xenos tearing up some shit. That I would be happy with.

Riddles tried that with Covenant and screwed the pooch on it

Well the Engineers were killed...they didn't do anything in Covenant.

From the leaked plot lines for Awakening it was going to deal with the Engineers coming to find Paradise wiped out, and going after David, the colonists, and whatever WY private army was going to be involved. Since that's not happening then salvage the Engineer aspect. Have the engineers finally come to earth, and finish off what they started catching everyone by surprise by dumping a version of the pathogen on a populated city like LA/New York?London/ Tokyo/ Hong Kong etc that turns people to xenos similar to what was written in the Gibson script, and have the war of the worlds scenario with Ripley, Hicks, Bishop, the colonial Marines against the Engineers and xenos. That would make one sweet of a film. Though, who knows were Cameron is going to take this. Though that would be my ptich.

I mention this pitch to please both Prequel and Original film fans since in a way closes the Prequels and the original trilogy in the same time.

Kradan

Maybe it's quite naive but if Cameron will do another Alien movie -God bless Cameron! I'm excited.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed