Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 23, 2016, 11:25:49 PM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service" (Read 112,797 times)

Ill be back

The smell of pandering is oh so rife...this will be a piece of garbage like the AVP movies and that awful Predators movie. Predators was nothing but a big homage wank fest.

System Apollo

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 29, 2016, 04:38:19 PM
Funny thing is, if it does get made, it'll probably be just another so-so movie that we all complain about.  :P

Quote from: Master
link=topic=54986.msg2130717#msg2130717 date=1469815465

You mean, like predators?

That's exactly the effect of "I'll do a better sequel, f**k  the work of others! " attitude.
Yeah, the Alien/Predator franchise made a decent recovery with the last two seclusive installments.

georgeromero

What recovery? And which last installments are you talking about? If you mean AR, AvP and Predators, they brought nothing good to the A/P franchise. If you were sarcastic that's another story.

BishopShouldGo

He means Predators and Prometheus. And he's right on both accounts.

System Apollo

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 01, 2016, 02:45:15 PM
He means Predators and Prometheus. And he's right on both accounts.

This.
Although both are flawed and mixed in reviews they were huge leaps from the AvP installments.

georgeromero

AvP was bad while AvP:R was terrible. As for Prometheus and Predators both were mediocre films. I am not saying I hate them, but Predators was a P1 reboot/homage and formulaic at best. Prometheus, on the other hand had some nice ideas and good acting but overall it didn't meet the expectations most of us had. It was like an introduction to further alien/engineer lore.

Therefore your saying that 'last installments of A/P made a decent recovery' is an overstatement. Predators did nothing for the franchise whereas Prometheus could at least spawn a sequel. And before seeing the movie we can't be sure how it will turn out.

HuDaFuK

Love it or hate it, good or bad, Prometheus did more to rejuvenate interest in the franchise than any entry since Aliens, and made a ton of money to boot. Your saying it didn't give anything to the franchise is way off the mark.

The Alien Predator

^
This.

Also look at the new comics Prometheus has inspired. Just like how Aliens inspired so many of the older EU stories.

BishopShouldGo

I don't even really enjoy Predators, but a fact's a fact. Predators and Prometheus are certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The most recent franchise entry to accomplish that, not including those two, is the original Predator.

georgeromero

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 01, 2016, 06:49:13 PM
Love it or hate it, good or bad, Prometheus did more to rejuvenate interest in the franchise than any entry since Aliens, and made a ton of money to boot. Your saying it didn't give anything to the franchise is way off the mark.

I didn't say it did not contribute anything to the franchise, I said it didn't deliver the stuff it promised before release. Just because there is a colossal hype to it's sequel I can't be blind to it's many faults. That and it's too bleak in comparison to previous Alien films.

Regarding Predators I stand firm on my opinion. Everything about it was generic. Beside visuals, game planet and creatures I can't find strong points in that movie. Even characters were uninteresting compared to P1 and P2. With or without it Predator franchise suffered enough because of AvP. And the main reason why I bash it so much is because of Rordriguez, because he thought his film would be superior to P2. We saw how it turned out.

Back to Alien 5.
Even though I like Neil Blomkamp's movies I find it difficult to believe with retconning whole 2 movies will help the fifth installment. I am afraid more mess is on the way, Time will tell.

Corporal Hicks

Adam802

This movie is gonna be SOO good, cant wait!

Master

If it ever happens :P

SpreadEagleBeagle

FiorinaFury161

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed