Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 23, 2016, 11:25:49 PM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service" (Read 112,851 times)

Corporal Hicks

Blomkamp’s Alien 5 is “innovative, amazing, performs fan service.” Having just spoken at the Aliens 30th anniversary panel at San Diego Comic Con, the topic of Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5 inevitably came up. It seems to have been moved on from rather quickly as a man proposed to his girlfriend in the panel (they met watching the film) but James Cameron and Sigourney Weaver apparently had some small comments to make about the currently postponed Alien sequel.

According to this Tweet from Marcus Errico, “both Sigourney Weaver & James Cameron say Neill Blomkamp’s Alien script is “amazing, performs fan service & should be made.Den of Geek elaborates further, saying that Weaver said that the script has “everything fans want.

Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "innovative, amazing, performs fan Service" according to James Cameron and Sigourney Weaver. Photo via Sideshow Collectibles.

Blomkamp’s Alien 5 is “innovative, amazing, performs fan Service” according to James Cameron and Sigourney Weaver. Photo via Sideshow Collectibles.

According to That Hashtag Show, Weaver also called the script “innovative” and Outer Places are reaffirming what Sigourney Weaver told Entertainment Weekly last week about their commitments to other projects coming before Alien 5. Nothing else about the project was brought up unfortunately.

Keep an eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest news on Alien 5!

Update 25/07/2016 – The whole panel is now available for your viewing pleasure!

Mr. Clemens

Just commenting to be subscribed. Also:

Long live Alien3!  :D

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Fan service eh? Just more tits and ass I suppose. Still can't wait to see it.... if it ever happens.

.... wait one minute... there's never been tits and ass in alien has there? bra and panty no count. Hillard's the closet thing I suppose.

windebieste

Again, with the usual rhetoric.   Recruiting Cameron now for this cock tease.  Bet they're all laughing their heads off behind stage about this.

If Cameron thinks it's so Hot then why doesn't he shunt the 'Avatar' sequels onto Blomkamp and make 'ALIEN 5' himself? 

"Everything fans want."  Not all fans.  I for one want to see Blomkamp make 'ALIEN 5' but if it hinges exclusively on bringing back deceased characters then I won't swallow that premise.  Ditch that element and others will join, too.

Long live Alien3!  :D

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

And the divide continues!

BishopShouldGo

Cameron should co-produce this movie. Subtitle it: Alien 3.2: Apology.

DaddyYautja

what's fan service?

Marines shooting at aliens?

Isnt that just.... a normal story?

RakaiThwei

Let's see where the movie goes if it happens at all.

g2vd

I bet this is going to be the fan service. :D

The Blue Lighting, The "Get Away From Her" Line, Predator Cameo/Reference, Paul Anderson Godzilla (1998) style knockoff getting brutally murdered, Greg and Colin Strause Godzilla (1998) style knockoffs being the Human Villains and getting killed by a Legion of Colonial Marines pumping them full of lead, Hudson returning as a Duel wielding Mini-Gun Cyborg destroyer of Worlds.

I am kinda worried about the path they are taking with this the "Amazing Fan Service"  line in particular is especially worrying..it just reminds me too much of The Force Awakens which spent half it's time feeding off you're nostalgia and attachment to the mythos and characters and the other half remaking a previous much beloved movie which did the same thing as the first half rather than creating it's own identity and story while also honoring what came before.

Not to say that's what the movie will end up being it's just that line worries me I really hope this movie when it gets made turns into what I just described.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hmm Cameron seems to speak favorably regarding this film, then again he did endorse Terminator Genisys  :P

Adam802

So excited for this!!! This movie needs to happen!!

BishopShouldGo

You know, it's funny. People didn't pay attention to Cameron's "endorsement" for Terminator Genisys. Read the words. He never actually compliments or praises the film. He just says shit like "I'm looking at things that are familiar" etc.

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

I'm really excited for this film to happen soon....but is anyone else a little disappointed that he ignores Alien 3 & A:R?! I just feel those films have happened....it's done....lets move forward and stop bitching about them. Yeah theyre not the greatest films in the history of movies but they are canon and I just feel a little annoyed that Blomkamp is coming along and ignoring them.....don't get me wrong I'm very excited for this movie but surely there is another way to move forward with alien 5?!

FiorinaFury161

Yesh. Let's watch Alien:Covenant then worry about this atrocity. :P
Also, since others have joined together...

Long Live Alien3

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 24, 2016, 01:00:07 AM
You know, it's funny. People didn't pay attention to Cameron's "endorsement" for Terminator Genisys. Read the words. He never actually compliments or praises the film. He just says shit like "I'm looking at things that are familiar" etc.

He's his extended talk of Genisys, he admits that while he enjoyed it he can't guarantee we all would. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9wD0AN2gmA

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed