Sneak Peak at a Creature from Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2016, 01:22:37 PM

Author
Sneak Peak at a Creature from Alien: Covenant! (Read 33,056 times)

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, the franchise has to grow. Franchises have to grow. Alien has got to go big now, and thankfully that's what they're doing. Thematically and spatially. :D

Watch this part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTnKXfDyNVU&t=0m35s

:35-:46 seconds mwuahahaha, get ready guys, no more tin cans! I know some of you won't like that one bit. "I want my gooey corridors, non sleekness, crushed blacks, and pixel docu style directing!!!"

Denton Smalls

QuoteNo it wasn't!

We think, "ooh, I'll watch this trailer, they wouldn't put any spoilers in there": Cue 2.5 minute version of entire movie. Same thing happened with Revenge of the Sith. At least we know better now.  :P

Lol I remember Revenge of the Sith too...

I got duped cause Alien was always so clever about their marketing, like the quick cuts and sirens in the '79 trailer, and when the Prometheus teaser replicated that, I thought "ok we're good,"....but then the full trailer showed half the movie LOL

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for sharing those details, Enoch. I'd be especially pleased if Ridley knew what he was doing with those murals and seemingly random elements. When Spaihts' was working on the film, it was mentioned as being a two parter so be nice to know they did actually have a road map.

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 07, 2016, 02:04:00 PM
Very possibliy related to that creature! I dont know much, I only have strong hints!
Goo is some kind of biological nanotechnology and its not originaly created by Engineers.
It definitley belong to some not yet seen creature! Its properties are not only to mutate/evolve or
to destroy but also to create!

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 07, 2016, 02:14:35 PM
I didnt say that it isnt blood! :)
We know its organic, so it belongs to some creature.
Engineers maybe stole that from that mysterious creature.

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 07, 2016, 02:31:30 PM
Ridley promised answers and he almost told us that Engineers did not created Xenos, and
that goo isnt originaly Engineer tool of creation and destruction. Engineers and humans are possibly just a pions in
a grander game! After all humans and engineers share the same dna!

Perhaps it could be from the original biomechaniod species. Perhaps an artificial species. Maybe something like the Borg with the capability of transforming others? Some old and ancient species? It's sounding more and more likely to me that the "real" Space Jockey's are going to make an appearance as the creators of the Jockey's.

Quote from: Guts on Jul 10, 2016, 01:08:48 AM
Maybe Aliens are humans transformed by the Goo? and the whole DNA thing is like Aliens are really humans turned into bio mechanical weapons by the Engineers.

I'm not sure I'd want that. Whilst I'm not against seeing the Aliens as creations or weapons of an ancient and powerful race, I really don't want to see them massively intertwined with mankind. Not their origins.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jul 08, 2016, 11:27:52 AM
Sounds to me the engineers stole some form of Alien or alien plasma/DNA/etc and came to regret their decision. The creature's hand definitely does remind of the Alien while obviously not being exactly the same.

I wouldn't ignore the possibility. The Engineer's may have stolen fire from their own gods.

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 10, 2016, 10:20:28 PM
Yea I hope they don't reveal anything in the trailer the way they did with the Hammerpede in the Prometheus preview. Then again it was my fault for watching it

Whilst I'll be unable to avoid the spoilers, I would like a trailer that doesn't give the film away. Perhaps avoid major footage from the third act completely.

Denton Smalls

QuoteWhilst I'll be unavailable to avoid the spoilers, I would like a trailer that doesn't give the film away. Perhaps avoid major footage from the third act completely.

For sure man. As much as I want to be surprised going in, I lack the willpower to stay away from not just trailers but all other news reveals too. Tough to do these days when there's so much time between movie announcement and release. Gotta get my fix somehow.

BR1XER

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 11, 2016, 02:56:30 PM
QuoteWhilst I'll be unavailable to avoid the spoilers, I would like a trailer that doesn't give the film away. Perhaps avoid major footage from the third act completely.

For sure man. As much as I want to be surprised going in, I lack the willpower to stay away from not just trailers but all other news reveals too. Tough to do these days when there's so much time between movie announcement and release. Gotta get my fix somehow.
Must . . . resist . . . temptation . . . doh!

I say it's on their marketing team to simultaneously engage followers and avoid spoilers.

Corporal Hicks

Then we end up with those pointless pre-viz corridor teases.  :laugh: It's a tough act to balance, no doubt.

Space_Dementia

I love the look of the hand! For me this goes back to the 1979 Alien design, not quite a replica but its pretty close. For me that original design will always be the best, was never a massive fan of the slight changes they made over the duration of the sequels.

Inverse Effect

Prometheus will probably make more sense after Paradise lost.

Perfect-Organism

Yeah, sure I'll join this thread.

Darth Vile

Quote from: Guts on Aug 15, 2016, 08:36:34 PM
Yeah - I liked Prometheus, but I hope Covenant retrospectively gives it a bit more logical cohesion in places.

irn

Quote from: Darth Vile on Aug 25, 2016, 02:21:35 PM
Quote from: Guts on Aug 15, 2016, 08:36:34 PM
Yeah - I liked Prometheus, but I hope Covenant retrospectively gives it a bit more logical cohesion in places.

I really hope so!

Kurai

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this...
Spoiler

The Out of the Shadows and Sea of Sorrows novels make a very big fuss about a long dead species of Dog-faced Aliens and their ability to bio-engineer entire spaceships and cities...
[close]

I wonder if that was secretly laying some groundwork for the Engineers of the Engineers or the original bio-mechanical creature? Apparently the novels are canonical and Tim Lebbon and James Moore had access to knowledge that we the fans do not.

T Dog

This particular dog faced alien perhaps?

Perfect-Organism

This is the question that has been posed since the first dog aliens showed up in the recent Titan books.  But the author actually debunked this idea at some point if I remember correctly.  Hell of a coincidence though.

Infected

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 10, 2016, 11:09:18 PM
Yeah, the franchise has to grow. Franchises have to grow. Alien has got to go big now, and thankfully that's what they're doing. Thematically and spatially. :D

Watch this part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTnKXfDyNVU&t=0m35s

:35-:46 seconds mwuahahaha, get ready guys, no more tin cans! I know some of you won't like that one bit. "I want my gooey corridors, non sleekness, crushed blacks, and pixel docu style directing!!!"
I love how he says they are going for the who made the engineers, the bigger picture.
And thank god no one alien on a ship running through it and let us hang with a cliffhanger with another undefined creature in a chair.
Oh yes feed me...

And the hand in the first comment looks like the deacons hand.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed