Sneak Peak at a Creature from Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2016, 01:22:37 PM

Author
Sneak Peak at a Creature from Alien: Covenant! (Read 33,071 times)

Corporal Hicks

Note the slender fingers. Not quite the same though.

Enoch

Enoch

You will not be disappointed by the creatures... I asked someone (my cousin, she is not Australian!) working on the movie, and she is really close to the production, so the looks and the design of this movie wil be bombastic! This hands doesnt really belong to original Xeno but to more sinister creature we maybe seen in Prometheus and its not Deacon  ;) Ridley certanly continued to pursue metaphors and ideas he introduced in Prometheus (thats for sure) and we ll see black goo and ampules and all the methapors and mythological/religious connotations. I even know that Shaw will have a bigger part in the movie than we expected!

Vermillion

The goo. 
Stupid.

Imbrie

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 07, 2016, 01:45:05 PM
You will not be disappointed by the creatures... I asked someone (my cousin, she is not Australian!) working on the movie, and she is really close to the production, so the looks and the design of this movie wil be bombastic! This hands doesnt really belong to original Xeno but to more sinister creature we maybe seen in Prometheus and its not Deacon  ;) Ridley certanly continued to pursue metaphors and ideas he introduced in Prometheus (thats for sure) and we ll see black goo and ampules and all the methapors and mythological/religious connotations. I even know that Shaw will have a bigger part in the movie than we expected!

Hi Enoch. If the hand doesn't belong to the Deacon, could if that of a creature seen in the murals in the ampule room?

Enoch

New creature definitely. Maybe related to that on mural and some new elements.
I wouldnt say that the goo is stupid...  Its not what we think it is.
Would you like it if its some kind of blood or organic fluid of some ancient creature?

Imbrie

Is it, or related to, the creature in this mural?

Are you suggesting that the blue liquid is the blood of the original xeno species?

Enoch

Enoch

Very possibliy related to that creature! I dont know much, I only have strong hints!
Goo is some kind of biological nanotechnology and its not originaly created by Engineers.
It definitley belong to some not yet seen creature! Its properties are not only to mutate/evolve or
to destroy but also to create!

That mural is NOT random! That I know because I asked Wayne Haag, and two other members of
production and one of them gave me a hint! Wayne is pretty reserved and he doesnt like even to give
you a hint, but others are a bit more generous.

Imbrie

Very interesting. I was always intrigued by that mural and would be extremely happy for it to be referenced in Covenant, especially with regard to creature.

Not sure how I feel about the goo being a form of biological nanotechnology but being the blood of a hitherto unseen creature is certainly very intriguing.

Enoch

I didnt say that it isnt blood! :)
We know its organic, so it belongs to some creature.
Engineers maybe stole that from that mysterious creature. Many of
us speculated about murals and its meanings. Murals are not random, thats what
one of production members said to me!

Imbrie

So want to know more now! Interest is well and truly piqued. Have you heard anything about there being a higher level of being than the engineers i.e. who made THEM? Or do you think that will be left for a latter entry into the series? And what of, Shaw? Is she stranded and isolated somewhere other than where the Covenant crew are headed? So many questions!

Enoch

I know that Noomi Rapace have stunt double (even two), so she is filming some demanding action scenes!
I heard about "one creature" above Engineers but I strongly doubt we ll see some straight B movie explanations! Mystery is everything. I know that human creation isnt random, and we ve seen that Engineers seeded life in many galaxies and then they wanted to wipe out their creations: why is pretty good question but even better question would be: Were they afraid of something?

Ridley promised answers and he almost told us that Engineers did not created Xenos, and
that goo isnt originaly Engineer tool of creation and destruction. Engineers and humans are possibly just a pions in
a grander game! After all humans and engineers share the same dna!

Imbrie

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 07, 2016, 02:31:30 PM
I know that Noomi Rapace have stunt double (even two), so she is filming some demanding action scenes!
I heard about "one creature" above Engineers but I strongly doubt we ll see some straight B movie explanations!

The problem I have with this is, if there is a 'creature' which is higher up the evolutionary chain in every way, especially with regard to intelligence, how this can be presented on screen without it looking terribly hokey. For example, let's say the engineers were created by a god-like creature, and let's, hypothetically, assume that as it appears that they worship the xeno in some way, that that god-like creature in some way resembles a xeno, just how on earth will an intelligent xeno-type of being be depicted? I'm concerned about that.

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 07, 2016, 02:31:30 PMRidley promised answers and he almost told us that Engineers did not created Xenos, and
that goo isnt originaly Engineer tool of creation and destruction. Engineers and humans are possibly just a pions in
a grander game! After all humans and engineers share the same dna!

Where has Ridley spoken about the engineers not creating the xenos and the goo not originally being the engineers tool?

aliens13

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 07, 2016, 02:14:35 PM
I didnt say that it isnt blood! :)
We know its organic, so it belongs to some creature.
Engineers maybe stole that from that mysterious creature. Many of
us speculated about murals and its meanings. Murals are not random, thats what
one of production members said to me!
Space Jockey blood? Maybe the Engineers and Space Jockey are different species. I solved the mistery  ;D

Enoch

23:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zInLxITvRBo

He did not say that directily but you could assume that Engineers are not
in charge of Alien and Goo creation! Concerning ultimate creator, I dont know
we ll see what we expect to be a creator! Engineers are not gods or original
creators and Ridley repeated that in many interviews. I dont think we ll see the "GOD"
but there could be hints regarding some higher power or some kind of knowledge behind everything.

Engineers are just advanced humans (angels) trying to become gods! Classical Prometheus story,
and we havent seen Zeus yet!

Imbrie

Thanks for posting that - I hadn't seen it before.

All exciting stuff you've posted today, Enoch. Thoroughly looking forward to what Ridley has in store for us with Covenant. I really hope the mythology is expanded upon significantly with just the right amount of mystery.

What is you take on the murals?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed