Sneak Peak at a Creature from Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2016, 01:22:37 PM

Author
Sneak Peak at a Creature from Alien: Covenant! (Read 33,083 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Remember Alien - Engineers and it's mention of other variations of the Alien? Perhaps that concept made it into Covenant and we're looking at one of those variations?

Scorpio

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 06, 2016, 02:21:56 PM
Remember Alien - Engineers and it's mention of other variations of the Alien? Perhaps that concept made it into Covenant and we're looking at one of those variations?

Actually it does look like the hand of an Ultramorph:

Corporal Hicks

The Ultramorph's middle fingers are joined, like the Alien. Only Stanley's little finger is joined.

SuicideDoors

Maybe I've misinterpreted it but the social media accounts say "where it all begins" and the U.K. Fox one more recently "discover where it all begins" but that sounds like a tease for the origins of the Alien we all know and love, opposed to "aye it all begins in a workshop". It looks how I imagine a modern day revamping of the Giger Alien would look!

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 06, 2016, 02:41:39 PM
The Ultramorph's middle fingers are joined, like the Alien. Only Stanley's little finger is joined.

That's true but they may change it for the film.

I really hope it is the Ultramorph, anyway.  I love the design and it looks similar to Giger's early concept art.

BonesawT101

Lookin' good! Perhaps Giger's original Necronomicon alien is being brought to life finally?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

That guy in the background with the black clothing and longish, grey hair almost looks like Giger. Such a shame we lost him.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jul 06, 2016, 03:06:50 PM
Lookin' good! Perhaps Giger's original Necronomicon alien is being brought to life finally?

Well, they had the original alien from Necronomicon on all the clapperboards. But that one only has five fingers.

Alien³

Interesting.

Looks like theres some Hammerpede artwork in the background.

Giger Beast

Quote from: Alien³ on Jul 06, 2016, 04:23:08 PM
Interesting.

Where?

Scorpio

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 06, 2016, 03:58:58 PM
That guy in the background with the black clothing and longish, grey hair almost looks like Giger. Such a shame we lost him.

Well, they had the original alien from Necronomicon on all the clapperboards. But that one only has five fingers.

The alien is actually based on several paintings in the Necronomicon, though.

This is where I think the 6 fingers comes from, originally:

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Who is the Fx Studio that is doing all the effects? Legacy or ADI?

locusta

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 06, 2016, 03:58:58 PM

True, the picture is on the clapperboards. Hope they payed copyright fee to the widow of Giger, since this is owned by Giger.

BishopShouldGo

Hmm that's not how that works.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Jul 06, 2016, 05:42:24 PM
Who is the Fx Studio that is doing all the effects? Legacy or ADI?

I don't think we've got 100% clarification on how is doing the creature FX but Odd Studio is working on the film: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/03/29/odd-studio-provide-make-effects-alien-covenant/

These fingers are looking too slender to me.  :-\

Whatever the artwork is looks wormy. Almost looks like the picture Scorpio posted.

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Jul 06, 2016, 02:45:25 PM
Maybe I've misinterpreted it but the social media accounts say "where it all begins" and the U.K. Fox one more recently "discover where it all begins" but that sounds like a tease for the origins of the Alien we all know and love, opposed to "aye it all begins in a workshop". It looks how I imagine a modern day revamping of the Giger Alien would look!

I had the same thought myself! It's certainly a possibility considering where it sounds like they're taking the film.

Alien³

Quote from: Giger Beast on Jul 06, 2016, 04:50:16 PM
Interesting.

Where?

Looks like it. I could be wrong.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed