Memories of AvP Skirmish

Started by 426Buddy, Jul 04, 2016, 05:04:54 PM

Author
Memories of AvP Skirmish (Read 1,988 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Some of my favorite memories from this franchise came from just endlessly playing Skirmish mode. Our computer at the time couldnt handle the single player or multiplayer. But for some odd reason skirmish mode, only the lvl stranded, worked. I played that level a lot until we upgraded to a voodoo 3 graphics card lol. Even then multiplayer was difficult with a 56k connection, although I loved what mp I could play. Still though it was a great way to just jump in and kill some time.

I wish someone could do a modern update of skirmish mode, I was a little sad when avp2 and avp2010 didn't have it. Even though avp2010 had a somewhat similar mode, it didn't compare or even feel like the original. With today's graphics I think a modern take could be pretty awesome if the gameplay stayed faithful but expanded on the original version.

I really liked the praetorian design in the game, was a cool concept. It really was endless fun escaping a horde of aliens that could kill you almost instantly. Good times  :)

Olde

Olde

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 04, 2016, 05:04:54 PM
I wish someone could do a modern update of skirmish mode, I was a little sad when avp2 and avp2010 didn't have it. Even though avp2010 had a somewhat similar mode, it didn't compare or even feel like the original. With today's graphics I think a modern take could be pretty awesome if the gameplay stayed faithful but expanded on the original version.
You might like this, then. The game had a graphical overhaul called the Redux mod. This is my only video of that map with the mod.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed