First Look at Danny McBride in Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 21, 2016, 01:08:18 PM

Author
First Look at Danny McBride in Alien: Covenant! (Read 33,309 times)

xenoboners4everyone

xenoboners4everyone

Looks fantastic!!! Now that's more like it; far closer to the Nostromo aesthetic without being too similar at the same time, it's a colony ship after all. Man these set pic releases are making me optimistic, FOX have been pretty transparent with the direction of the film thus far.

markweatherill

For continuity, it needs fruit machine buttons. :)

Perfect-Organism

Looks good.  I thought maybe the technical number that starts with the letter "Y" had something to do with Yutani, but it looks like the design is different from the Yutani logo...

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 21, 2016, 01:57:21 PM
Anyone else feel like Fox just wanted to push the Noomi news down the feeds?  :laugh:

I was thinking that too. But the news is out. I was reading what you wrote about Fassbinder not being photographed yet with Blond hair/David 8-get up. I'll bet there is some reasoning to this that involves NOOMI's scenes.

Also the cockpit is the real looker here. I like the use of color and I hope this movie is 3 hours long.

Mr. Clemens

Hey, they're using Ron Cobb's Nostromo icons! I see the 'mechanics' icon on that yellow thing on the extreme right.  8)

lv_226

Oh, this is more like it...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 21, 2016, 03:39:03 PM
Hey, they're using Ron Cobb's Nostromo icons! I see the 'mechanics' icon on that yellow thing on the extreme right.  8)

The toys are back as well! There's one atop the seat and another figurine on a console.

Reminiscent of the Dippy Birds and the Gashapons from Alien.

And McBride is looking suitably scruffy as always.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 21, 2016, 04:12:52 PM
The toys are back as well! There's one atop the seat and another figurine on a console.

I think that's one of those hula-girl dolls that wobbles when you go over bumps. Awesome.  :D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It sure looks like it. Probably McBride's toy. Likely serves a similar purpose as the wobbly Gashapons in Alien, indicates when the ship is accelerating/decelerating.

There were actually some pretty cool toy Easter eggs in Alien. Hanging from Kane's console was a little Elephant Man figurine. Not only would Kane be the first to see the elephantile Space Jockey but John Hurt would also go on to star in David Lynch's "The Elephant Man" as the titular character a year later. Very bizarre!

At one point Ripley and Parker jokingly asks Brett whether he's some kind of parrot because he keeps saying "right". And it turns out Brett actually has a toy parrot on a little perch hanging over his console/workdesk. Brett also built all these little wooden sailing ship models.

NickisSmart

I like the orange and green color scheme.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 21, 2016, 09:20:18 PMHanging from Kane's console was a little Elephant Man figurine.

Oh wow, I gotta go look for that...

MattFiler

Loving the ship design! Can't wait to see more.

whiterabbit

I'm really loving what I'm seeing. Not much else to say about it. :P

Pvt. Himmel

I bet he's saying to Danny.... " Now it will explode through your chest onto the console." :laugh:

NickisSmart

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jun 22, 2016, 12:37:27 AM
I bet he's saying to Danny.... " Now it will explode through your chest onto the console." :laugh:

^

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed