Noomi Rapace joins Alien Covenant

Started by Gazz, Jun 20, 2016, 10:34:00 PM

Author
Noomi Rapace joins Alien Covenant (Read 27,728 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: MattFiler on Jun 21, 2016, 11:52:38 PM
Glad to hear this, although it may be a massive plot spoiler since they've been hiding her involvement in the film.

That about sums it up for me.  Reading this site now, one should consider as one big spoiler warning.  But of course us hard core fans will keep reading, knowing full well that we will spoil our dinner.  Can't blame the site for that.

Done

Done

I could say this website has potentially ruined my movie-going experience as far as the alien franchise, but I suppose it's just the way the world is going. Knowing the entire movie before it comes out, showing the entire movie in the trailer, etc. And that's fine, those are things the viewer can control. Coming to a beloved AvP site, and seeing spoilers posted on the front page? I guess it's my choice not to come here also.

I'd ask for some consideration on your part, but I'm guessing an overwhelming amount of fans that come here probably want to know it all within seconds of entering a website, which is fun too because they can discuss it. But I don't think you need to blatantly whip it all out there. They've already come to the site.

You already have their attention.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Done on Jun 25, 2016, 02:49:30 PM
I'd ask for some consideration on your part, but I'm guessing an overwhelming amount of fans that come here probably want to know it all within seconds of entering a website, which is fun too because they can discuss it. But I don't think you need to blatantly whip it all out there. They've already come to the site.

The Corporal and Darkness have already made provision for hiding potentially spoilery news on AVPG's social media accounts as well as on the news feed on the top of this page. They are hardly "blatantly whipping it out there" anymore.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 25, 2016, 04:23:04 PM
Quote from: Done on Jun 25, 2016, 02:49:30 PM

The Corporal and Darkness have already made provision for hiding potentially spoilery news on AVPG's social media accounts as well as on the news feed on the top of this page. They are hardly "blatantly whipping it out there" anymore.

I confess I find that part a bit backward-thinking. The people who don't want to be spoiled are certainly not following this site on social media (at least I ain't). They are, however, more likely to drop in to the site to see what's new.

But I know the mods' minds are made up on that point; just wanted to say my bit.

Done

Done

This is good to know. I'll be checking those sites out for sure. Thanks for the info.

Corporal Hicks

This site has and always will be reporting on spoilers and all relevant information. In our experience, the majority of people who come directly here are the more hardcore fans who are after that information. Because of the more casual fans who follow on social media, we've implemented vaguer titles and generic pictures on there (much to my dismay as they sound disgustingly clickbaity - Familiar Actor To Return to Alien: Covenant - that kinda of thing). The news box on the top right of the forum also uses those vaguer titles due to complaints so you can come directly in if you still want to join in the discussions.

That's all the provisions we'll be taking though.

Mr. Clemens

Understood. I'm just genuinely surprised that the casual fans prefer following you on social media rather than visiting the site. I'd have thought it would be the exact opposite. When I want to 'casually' learn about something, I just go search it out, rather than getting myself subscribed to what could potentially be an endless stream of spam about that one thing that I was casually curious about one day.

Anyway, I'm just surprised. People are funny.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Facebook is taking over. That is the internet for a lot of people. The source of their everything. It's so easy to just click Like on a page. I didn't really get it myself but that seems to be the case.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 26, 2016, 05:20:04 PM
Facebook is taking over. That is the internet for a lot of people. The source of their everything. It's so easy to just click Like on a page. I didn't really get it myself but that seems to be the case.

Yeah, why type words or put thought into things when you just thumbs-up or thumbs-down? It's like everyone's turning into Caesar at the Colosseum.

whiterabbit

The entire thumbs up and down thing is utter nonsense. Facebook isn't going to last much longer but while it's here it is f**king everything up. :P Facebook will be long remember as the fad that destroyed generations. Or so our google overlords will continuously remind us of.

Perfect-Organism

I actually think Facebook is only the beginning.  The invasion and more accurately the capitulation of privacy will only get worse..

whiterabbit

It's has only begun, huh. Yea you're probably right. I can already see the public campaign against social media beginning as well. Social media will become just another was against addiction.

Stolen

Stolen

Noomi Rapace : "I'm in it a little bit, but it's not my movie"

http://celebrityhive.com/noomi-rapace-empire-uk-june-2017/noomi-rapace-empire-uk-june-2017-03/

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the share. Shame we didn't talk a little more about it but I think they wanna keep as much of that in the dark as possible.

Stolen

Stolen

I really hope there's more than
Spoiler
the hologram
[close]
!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed