Noomi Rapace joins Alien Covenant

Started by Gazz, Jun 20, 2016, 10:34:00 PM

Author
Noomi Rapace joins Alien Covenant (Read 27,222 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jun 21, 2016, 08:35:51 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 21, 2016, 06:30:01 AM
Ehem! I believe this topic should be moved to my EARLIER TOPIC: 'NOOMI RAPACE ISN'T WORKING ON ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW..' or whatever I called it.  ::)

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jun 20, 2016, 11:07:47 PM
I told you that was her in pic.

Yes I'm ready to receive your various gifts,and offerings you may begin. 8)

Ehem!! I believe I speculated with an ENTIRE TOPIC titled some shit like 'NOOMI RAPACE UP TO NOTHING ELSE AT THE MOMENT BUT SHE ISN'T FILMING ANYTHING AND IS PROBABLY ON SET SHOOTING ALIEN:COVENANT AND THEY DON'T WANT US TO KNOW FOR REASONS' or whatever I may have titled it. I believe I suggested in there somewhere that she was MIA for a reason, perhaps. 

In all seriousness though, they wanted this to be incognito, so maybe there IS something to her inclusion we dont yet understand... Some kinda character reveal we speculated about.

I know i'm only fooling around. ;)

Im only joking too!

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 21, 2016, 08:00:01 AM
Quote from: Gazz on Jun 20, 2016, 10:34:00 PM
She has been on set for weeks apparently.

It doesn't read to me like it says she's already been down there, just that she does have some weeks of shooting to do. I'm curious as to how much work she'll be doing!

Yeah, I put it down to speed reading.

lv_226

lv_226

I'm glad that she is included in this film -- regardless of official capacity.It would not have sat well with myself, and I am sure with others, had she been merely 'killed off screen'. Her character needs a proper send off (if they go that route) or inclusion ala Skywalker in TFA (if they choose to have her play a much larger role later on). I can't help but wonder just how David is going to get his head back on and what she, if anything, has to do with it (I can't imagine it going any other way to be honest unless David is somehow able to command his body to move -- which sounds ludicrous just as I type this). I am wondering if the Prometheus David is going to go the route that the Fire and Stone novels did (at least the Prometheus ones) with the synthetic (his name eludes me) and have him absorb the goo and have him transform into... IDK... a creature of some sort (I'm thinking an Alien type creature because of the whole "bio-mechanics" thing). 

Thomas H.

Noomi's character and her acting were one of the many reasons why I love Prometheus, so this makes me incredibly happy. :D

MattFiler

Glad to hear this, although it may be a massive plot spoiler since they've been hiding her involvement in the film.

Pvt. Himmel

I think the news went public when I mentioned pic... What?? You don't think he reads this site.  :laugh:

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jun 22, 2016, 12:06:21 AM
I think the news went public when I mentioned pic... What?? You don't think he reads this site.  :laugh:

I'll bet money Damon Lindelof and Neil Blomkamp, and plenty of people on the sets of these films are plenty aware of websites devoted to fans like this one. Especially imdb. I'm on sets all the time. People are constantly talking about or looking at imdb for some shit.
I dunno how much they are taking into consideration and I doubt Ridley Scott gives a damn about something like this, but don't sell sites like this short.
Fans of films, make films.
I was having an in depth conversation with Douglas Smith a few months ago and he brought up imdb. This is a guy who has won Oscars for Visual Effects and has worked with everyone from Cameron to George Lucas. Its a small world. I know I'm a huge tool for name-dropping like that but for real... Fans matter.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 22, 2016, 12:24:45 AM

I'll bet money Damon Lindelof and Neil Blomkamp, and plenty of people on the sets of these films are plenty aware of websites devoted to fans like this one. Especially imdb. I'm on sets all the time. People are constantly talking about or looking at imdb for some shit.
I dunno how much they are taking into consideration and I doubt Ridley Scott gives a damn about something like this, but don't sell sites like this short.
I was having an in depth conversation with Douglas Smith a few months ago and he brought up imdb. This is a guy who has won Oscars for Visual Effects and has worked with everyone from Cameron to George Lucas. Its a small world. I know I'm a huge tool for name-dropping like that but for real... Fans matter.

8)

windebieste

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jun 22, 2016, 12:39:27 AM

8)

8)

Can't argue with that.

-Windebieste.

mace-in-the-face

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 20, 2016, 11:58:36 PM
I rewatched Prometheus yesterday, and I think she's really good in it.  Particularly the surgery scene.

Are you high? What acting? She gets her stomach cut open by a robot, then minutes later is running around, jumping, bending, winching/carrying an android body around, etc. When I saw that, I was thinking, "Well that's bullshit."

Corporal Hicks

Oh definitely. I know that several of the folk working on Prometheus used to frequent here when that was in production. It's why we got C&Ded so fast with the leaked pictures last time around. I can't attest to that now but I know some of the concept artists are very aware of us.

motherfather

motherfather

That the Character of Shaw is in it, that's OK (as opposed to chopping and changing characters left right and center so there's no continuity between franchise films). But I expect Noomi to really bring more to the role this time around - by default, and also additionally due to her being hardened by the events of Prometheus. We've seen more emotional responses and excitement from REAL scientists during the Pluto/Philae missions than we have from Prometheus' scientific crew.

For me, Shaw's off-screen assumed pushiness/ambition to get to where she was - onboard the Prometheus - didn't seem to match with the often times wallflower persona. Even if she was playing the straight man cool/clinical scientist a la Dana Scully with a crisis of faith vs science twist, Gillian Anderson "gave" more presence on-screen in her debut scenes . And that was for a TV show, not the big screen.

Anyway, I wonder what her role will be. I really hope its written well this time.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on Jun 22, 2016, 04:32:56 AM
I rewatched Prometheus yesterday, and I think she's really good in it.  Particularly the surgery scene.

Are you high? What acting? She gets her stomach cut open by a robot, then minutes later is running around, jumping, bending, winching/carrying an android body around, etc. When I saw that, I was thinking, "Well that's bullshit."

It is a bit of a stretch but i'm sure future medical technology can explain that away, like repairing muscle tissues and removing pain almost completely.

mace-in-the-face

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 22, 2016, 08:56:52 PM

It is a bit of a stretch but i'm sure future medical technology can explain that away, like repairing muscle tissues and removing pain almost completely.

Oh yeah, totally. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina

Ash 937

Ash 937

I blame that on bad writing and Ridley Scott, not Rapace.  One of the things that made Alien great was that its technology made sense to the audience.  Nothing was really unbelievable in that film (from the Nostromo to the space suits to the weaponry).  In Prometheus we were asked to suspend our disbelief for a lot things.  That medical machine was a pretty significant plot point in the film so it should have been explained better.

I think Rapace did well given the limitations of the dialogue that was written for her character in Prometheus. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed