New Picture of Ridley Scott & Michael Fassbender on the Set of Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 15, 2016, 01:13:13 PM

Author
New Picture of Ridley Scott & Michael Fassbender on the Set of Alien: Covenant! (Read 25,104 times)

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 16, 2016, 04:32:17 PM
Im not sure where Im getting this idea from, but isn't DAVID 8, essentially supposed to be the first model android that can rightfully integrate with humans? I sort have got it in my head watching Prometheus that there aren't many other models of Androids out there, functioning in a crew, as David is.
Isn't David 8 supposed to be the first model android to be used the way we are used to seeing them be used throughout the series?
Because that's how I was taking it. Curious if anybody else was also seeing it this way.

Oh, certainly; The David8 commercial says it all. "What is it about robots that makes them so robotic?" but changing all that is... David!  :)

szkoki

two Fassy? this movie has better chances indeed so

NickisSmart

Two fassies are better than one.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 16, 2016, 09:44:59 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 16, 2016, 04:32:17 PM
Im not sure where Im getting this idea from, but isn't DAVID 8, essentially supposed to be the first model android that can rightfully integrate with humans? I sort have got it in my head watching Prometheus that there aren't many other models of Androids out there, functioning in a crew, as David is.
Isn't David 8 supposed to be the first model android to be used the way we are used to seeing them be used throughout the series?
Because that's how I was taking it. Curious if anybody else was also seeing it this way.

Oh, certainly; The David8 commercial says it all. "What is it about robots that makes them so robotic?" but changing all that is... David!  :)

I think the only real source for that kind of info is from the advertising stuff. The DVD mentioned it being SOP to send David 8s out with crews too. I don't think anything in the movie really alludes to anything specific either way.

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 15, 2016, 09:48:14 PM
That helmet looks like one of Moebius' designs.

Also I knew I had seen it somewhere else but couldn't quite put my finger on it:

Shout out to Uncanny Valley peep!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The design of the helmets in Alien: Isolation are exactly the same as the ones in the Alien film though. It's just the colour that's the same as the one in the new Ridley pic.

The new helmet harkens back much closer to Moebius' more geometric original design.

Astronoë

Astronoë

Quote from: motherfather on Jun 16, 2016, 06:26:59 AM
I haven't rewatched Prometheus for a while now, so I'm a little hazy. But wasn't David always slinking off to receive "orders" from the sleeping/dreaming Weyland for most of the movie?

When Weyland dies, presumably David is no longer "owned" by his primary user Weyland. Whether or not that means David is then even more/less of a loose cannon who knows.

His gesture towards Shaw (seemingly helpful) to find a spare ship - thats the first time we see David without Weyland's influence, right?

He's dependent on Shaw to get somewhere he can repair himself and that won't be earth, Bishop in Alien said he could never become the same again..so David needs to go somewhere with superior technology, he just needs Shaw to get to a ship, after that probably to help him move around too?

They need a
for David to lie in while Shaw drives him around, lol
once they get to planet-Paradise, he'll give her errands to fetch stuff for him once they have found the main laboratory until he can create a new body, by then Shaw would have grown tired of it, so she splits n goes all Tombraider looking for temples n shit

Poor poor David, all alone now, nobody to watch a re-run of Lawrence of Arabia with...so he makes a phone-call back to earth "hey gais, want to watch a great movie? I got loads of chips! and btw, I found this planet with humanoids that created us for some reason, m'kay?"

Quote from: szkoki on Jun 16, 2016, 10:53:28 PM
two Fassy? this movie has better chances indeed so

That can prob only mean they need to be different somehow so not to be confusing, so David new body confirmed!?

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Look in the background of that pic...the third person there looks like Noomi Rapace maybe that's why its blurred to keep her appearance a surprise.

Enoch

Enoch

Noomi Rapace and her character Elizabeth Shaw will appear!!!
Thats for sure! But dont forget that this new series of movies (from Covenant) will not have main character;
Ridley said that his main character will be story itself!

Of course main characters aside from the story will be David, his twin brother
and Daniels.

We ll  not get all the answers, and this movie will keep
all the mystery that previous ones very well set. We ll find out
who created Xenos, but the answer could be all the more mysterious and shocking!

Stolen

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jun 17, 2016, 05:33:31 PM

Look in the background of that pic...the third person there looks like Noomi Rapace maybe that's why its blurred to keep her appearance a surprise.

Where ? WHERE ??

NickisSmart

PVTDukeMorrison

Stolen

I hope Noomi will be in the film, it could be a great teaser for the upcoming sequel.

Enoch

Enoch

She will be at least mentioned and she ll most probably appear at one point.
Thats the only normal way of storytelling. Even if she is dead, there could
be some logs or digital (holographic recordings) of her that could serve as fine
plot element.

If they do not mention her at all, well thats a sign of serious
problem with Ridley and his team of writers!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jun 17, 2016, 05:33:31 PM

It's Carmen Ejogo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed