New Picture of Ridley Scott & Michael Fassbender on the Set of Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 15, 2016, 01:13:13 PM

Author
New Picture of Ridley Scott & Michael Fassbender on the Set of Alien: Covenant! (Read 25,103 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 15, 2016, 01:13:13 PM
This is likely the new David 8 that comes along aboard the Covenant.

Hold on a sec, when was it confirmed that the other David will come along with the Covenant? We've only been speculating about that haven't we?  ???

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteScott said Alien: Covenant will pick up from the end of Prometheus, and see Fassbender playing two versions of his android character, David.

Quote"Confirming that Sydney would be the location for Alien: Covenant on Friday, Scott said it would follow on from 2012's Prometheus and would have Michael Fassbender returning as both android David and a doppelganger."

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/11/27/michael-fassbender-will-play-multiple-davids/

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, but there's nothing saying that the other David will come along with the Covenant.

Prometheus David could simply have made copies of himself in order to do more mischief.  :P

Corporal Hicks

Completely misread your post - I thought you'd said was it confirmed there'd be two of them. Nah, fair point. It's not been said yet, I'll reword that.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It's still definitely a possibility. But it would be quite the co-incidence for the Covenant to also just happen to have a David on-board. Unless every single W-Y ship has a David on-board as SOP. Kinda like all those Bishops in Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Corporal Hicks

I'd be surprised if he didn't come along with the Covenant. I don't really see David (nearly typed Michael here) creating copies of himself. I think it'd be more in line for the new David to just be attached to this colony crew. He's probably pretty reliable but maybe starting to be out-dated.

Enoch

Enoch

I have a strong feeling that David and his doppelganger will play crucial role in this PARADISE LOST movie! Symbolic is clear! But David will not be the ultimate creator of Alien! Creature that created black goo is the creator of Xeno, and Engineers did not create goo! I received some infos that suggest Covenant will indeed explore more mythological/religious themes! Those themes would not be pure repilica of Paradise Lost story or other related mythos, but the implications would be pretty clear, after all Ridley said that he imagined that kind of scenario all along. How do I know this, well I asked people involved and two of them wrote me that this movie is not going to be what we expect at all.

We ll most probably get hints of an entity above Engineers, and Engineers are just advanced humans (no more no less!!!) trying to play gods. What will happen if their creation or creation of their creation (David) try to do the same! ???
What happened to them (Engineers), probably will struck humans. I belive that we already seen "Devil" (bad guy) in this story (Engineers, humans and David). Weyland said that humans are the gods now, they are the titan Prometheus (Satan or Lucifer). Now its the time to see who is God? And the hints regarding this entry will be very interesting and not what we expect. We will not see complete anwers to all the questions! I have reliable confirmation about that.

Who is evil guy in this story. I belive that the answer would be humans!
Who made Covenant and with whom?

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 15, 2016, 03:08:05 PM
I'd be surprised if he didn't come along with the Covenant. I don't really see David (nearly typed Michael here) creating copies of himself. I think it'd be more in line for the new David to just be attached to this colony crew. He's probably pretty reliable but maybe starting to be out-dated.
And his replacement version worked out real well right!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tmjhur on Jun 15, 2016, 03:29:10 PM
And his replacement version worked out real well right!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The A-2s always were a bit twitchy.  :laugh: To be fair, we don't really know how stable David was.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 15, 2016, 03:31:14 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Jun 15, 2016, 03:29:10 PM

The A-2s always were a bit twitchy.  :laugh: To be fair, we don't really know how stable David was.
He seems pretty stable. He just took over-riding orders from Weyland which made up do.......questionable things ;)

Pvt. Himmel

Maybe he's the guy they modeled the David 8 from?? Like how the real bishop showed up in A3, they probably sent him to find out why he went nutso..

NickisSmart

David 8 in Prometheus didn't seem like he was behaving as he was advertised to do, in the original commercial. I think he was modified, or, like in Blade Runner, started to develop his own thought responses-- you know, love, hate, fear, envy?

That, or Weyland removed certain safeguards that would normally be in place to allow David 8 to be more flexible in carrying out Weyland's orders.

Or, David was underestimated by his own creators, being more intelligent and self-aware than anyone anticipated. After all, Weyland said David lacked a soul, but if his behavior was his own, wasn't programed, perhaps Weyland was wrong about David.

The cool thing about Prometheus is that it's never explained, or explicitly stated in the film, and any of these explanations is possible, given David's enigmatic and duplicitous nature. Beneath that comely and calm visage lurked a cunning menace.

Astronoë

That can't be the David we know, he would do more with himself than just change hair style...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed