God of War (2017)

Started by Master, Jun 14, 2016, 09:34:20 AM

Author
God of War (2017) (Read 2,436 times)

Master

Master

First gameplay from brand new God of War. Gameplay is great as always but I`m not sure how I feel about new setting. Some of the most prominent Greek gods are still left untouched and Norse setting was done to the death in many other titles.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Looks like God of Souls: Last of Arkham

I don't approve

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, pretty damn different to God of War 3. I remember first playing that I was completely blown away by the epicness of the boss fights. I think if this was its own IP, it'd be great but it's going to take some getting used seeing Kratos like that.

Master

Master

You know, I felt that in order to continue the franchise they have to change source material, cause they are simply running out of foes. I hoped that next one will be about Apollo (who is one of the most important Greek gods and still kicking) trying to reassure Olympian rule over mortal. Still, I knew  the change is imminent, but not such change. The Egyptian or Presian or even Hindu would be much better fitted the Norse.

My friend had idea that Kratos wakes in Rome and relises people are still believing in same gods under different names. That he achived nothing and have to start all over.

Master

Master

I sharted myself. Having shivers ever since. This is outstanding, truly outstanding!

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Too bad I won't be jumping around and doing crazy twirly whirls at people cause "MUH REALISM"

Master

Master

Give grandpa Kratos a slack, he' s not as jumpy as he used to be in his prime :D

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Master on Jan 28, 2018, 12:04:52 PM
Give grandpa Kratos a slack, he' s not as jumpy as he used to be in his prime :D

I guess having a kid and stealing The Last of Us's camera angle will do that to a man

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

f**k Who would want the God of War as a father? I'd have to be a human armadillo.

Master

Master

Not the best scenario, I agree. One is certain though, no one ever is going to f**k with you. Ever.

D88M

D88M

I am not a fan of the camera change, but otherwise it looks good, honestly i dont know if is the graphic engine or what but these last years all the games have kinda looked the same no matter what, GoW 3 was not as good as 1 and 2 either so i have some doubts, but looking good

Master

Master

I'm sold after story trailer. GoW is one of my favorite series and while I'm not entirely sold on setting change, I'm interested in different spinn on Kratos character. Of course I also adore the fact Kratos is going to do horrible, horrible things to another batch of mythical creatures.

Darkness

Darkness

Did anybody get it? It's been getting rave reviews.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 30, 2018, 06:30:18 PM
Did anybody get it? It's been getting rave reviews.

Didn't buy it, but have seen it pretty much done from beginning to end. Not the best in the series, not the worst game that's been made either. The bad guy was a bit of a let-down, and I don't think the story was as good as folks make it out to be. I suppose it's just difficult to see kratos somewhat more reserved.  I hope he gets some of his rage back in the future. This one was just alittle too much like T.L.O.U. for me.

dave1978

dave1978

Had it since release,  totally brilliant game, everything about it.  Up there with the other PS4 blockbuster exclusives like Uncharted and Bloodborne.  The new camera is great really focuses the combat which is pulled off brillaintly.  The new axe weapon feels mighty and further in you get the blades back from the older games.

And those graphics, WOW when you first travel to one of the other rhealms with more colour than the forest world you start in you just have to stop and look,  amazing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed