I'm going to just say it.

Started by Xenofitch06, Jun 10, 2016, 06:16:30 AM

Author
I'm going to just say it. (Read 31,072 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Bughunter S. Thomson on Oct 10, 2016, 05:02:36 PM
But I bought it twice and completed it twice, so I'm a hypocritical consumer whore.

Not really. You're just a fan, so regardless you have to play it. I bought it twice (PS4 and PC) and played through it multiple times. I hate the f***ing game, but I love Aliens, so what can ya do? It doesn't change the fact we were duped.

Hemi

Hemi

Recently started playing again. The multiplayer is good and I can still find games. The TDM can scare the shit out of you, the human element makes the experience so much better.  The maps aren't half bad, and the art style of the game is decent. Half-baked,  but decent. It had potential once...  Oh well,  as an aliens fanboy its still a good laugh once in a while. 

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Hemi on Oct 14, 2016, 04:01:09 PM
Recently started playing again. The multiplayer is good and I can still find games. The TDM can scare the shit out of you, the human element makes the experience so much better.  The maps aren't half bad, and the art style of the game is decent. Half-baked,  but decent. It had potential once...  Oh well,  as an aliens fanboy its still a good laugh once in a while.
Last time I tried finding a game I got bored so I minimized it, completely forgot that it was open, came back 3 hours later and it was still looking for people

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Honestly as a hardcore old school gamer and Aliens fan I find people giving this game more changes distressing.

Why?

Firstly there are so many amazing games out there, whatever genre you like there are brilliant stories and gameplay waiting. To the OP and others still playing this, tell me a genre you enjoy and what system you have I'll give you some recommendations!

Secondly this game and developer (in my humble opinion) do not deserve support from this community after the outright lies, and worse lack of any type of acknowledgement or apology.

Hemi

Hemi

It's the whole "But...but...Aliens..." excuse. You are right, you all are. It's shit... but it's somehow fascinating shit. Like..."what the hell did I eat yesterday!!"

Maybe it's just the dream that makes me play it. The "what if" factor. The "It could have been so much more" thing.

Bleh...Ill stop now lol.

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

Quote from: Xenofitch06 on Jun 10, 2016, 06:16:30 AM
I unabashedly love Colonial Marines. I thought it was fun, action packed FPS from start to finish. As someone who doesn't give two flips about storyline when I'm playing an FPS I found it much more fun to play than Isolation which was incredibly slow and basically playing an interactive movie.

I hope you're right, because this week I'm going to see if I find it and play it with a friend in split screen. It's time to get out of doubt.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Now, you may all think I came in a Delorean from the past, but Im not and never was a gamer, I dont recall ever playing a game aside from first Doom maybe during class and trying two games for few minutes in friends' houses. So, my question is, what is about this game that people hate so much and sued for? Aside from the clunky storyline

Olde

Olde

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 03, 2017, 03:10:03 AM
Now, you may all think I came in a Delorean from the past, but Im not and never was a gamer, I dont recall ever playing a game aside from first Doom maybe during class and trying two games for few minutes in friends' houses. So, my question is, what is about this game that people hate so much and sued for? Aside from the clunky storyline
The AI is beyond abysmal, from aliens using marine behavior by taking cover to mandatory sidekick characters never moving out of your way making progress literally impossible because you can't kill them and they won't let you open a game-critical door to advance. There is nothing unique about the feel of the game; it feels like a dime-a-dozen CoD rip-off. The storyline is not only predictable but it ret-cons a major plot point in Aliens. The characters and their dialogue are so bad that it just insults the movie. The look is incredibly bland. The cutscenes are ugly. I found the HUD display and the models to be mostly lackluster. It looks and feels nothing like how the demo was displayed; it shipped like a horrible, stripped-down version of that demo. Also, the matchmaking system is completely, 100% broken and has been broken from the beginning. The only way to get a game is to add people and organize a game outside the game before-hand.

This video is probably a better display of how horrendous this game is than any actual review:

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Olde on Feb 03, 2017, 06:30:38 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 03, 2017, 03:10:03 AM
The AI is beyond abysmal, from aliens using marine behavior by taking cover to mandatory sidekick characters never moving out of your way making progress literally impossible because you can't kill them and they won't let you open a game-critical door to advance. There is nothing unique about the feel of the game; it feels like a dime-a-dozen CoD rip-off. The storyline is not only predictable but it ret-cons a major plot point in Aliens. The characters and their dialogue are so bad that it just insults the movie. The look is incredibly bland. The cutscenes are ugly. I found the HUD display and the models to be mostly lackluster. It looks and feels nothing like how the demo was displayed; it shipped like a horrible, stripped-down version of that demo. Also, the matchmaking system is completely, 100% broken and has been broken from the beginning. The only way to get a game is to add people and organize a game outside the game before-hand.

This video is probably a better display of how horrendous this game is than any actual review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5WwV9YoW_U

:D That video just reminds me of how horrendous the AI are in this game...Wow Its truly sad how badly this game is broken.

general_bradly

general_bradly

I also somewhat ashamedly love this game and got tons of enjoyment out of it. I bought the collectors edition for really cheap about a year after it came out.

It defiantly has its flaws and got tons of hate for sure but it also has some things about it that are great.

- Iconic Maps/levels are great
- Great atmosphere
- Weapons/weapon customization is awesome
- Motion tracker!!
- Bug hunt mode!!!! Best 'Aliens' Experience hands down for me

I still play it from time to time, especially if a mod comes out. Looking forward to the final release of the Overhaul mod.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

The "iconic" maps were poorly designed, they got it all wrong....and this is a game that was trying to use nostalgia to sell the game.  ::)

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

This game was a disaster, a mess, a shit storm, a shower of shit... If you enjoyed it fair enough, I enjoyed it but that's only because it reminded me a little of playing FPS's on the N64 or PS 1 even. They hyped it up so much, especially with it supposedly being the 'true sequel to Aliens'... I find that a little insulting now as a hardcore fan of these movies, and a little embarrassing. This game just didn't have the love it needed from the start of production.

Blood Warrior

Blood Warrior

I picked it up last week.  It's a horrible game, but it's nice to kill some time with.  It's also nice for mindless entertainment.  The Aliens ducking behind crates is annoying and your partner never really helping is awful.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Well its so bad that is sold real cheap in most stores...yet while that is a bargain, some folks probably still think they got ripped off  :laugh:

Blood Warrior

Blood Warrior

Yeah 10 dollars at Gamestop.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed