Stranger Things (Netflix Series)

Started by ace3g, Jun 10, 2016, 04:20:03 AM

Author
Stranger Things (Netflix Series) (Read 19,609 times)

Biomechanoid

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 14, 2019, 02:37:09 PM
I also dislike the regular overuse of the word "overated". More often than not its just a way of saying "I didn't like this as much as everyone else did", which doesn't make something overated.

Yup, 100% agree. I even questioned someone in a forum once where is he seeing the movie discussed is overrated.

"But just look at IMDB! They have that movie rated at 8.5! That's overrated!"

No...it's members voted their enjoyment level (or whatever other criteria they use) for that movie, and that produced an average level of 8.5. That's 'rated'....not overrated. The only way it would be overrated there, is if members voted an 8.5 on average for a given movie, but IMDB admins displayed a 9.0 rating for that given movie. .........Then, it would be overrated.

His diversionary response, "you're a virgin who lives in his mother's basement."  :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

So, the word Overrated (is now overrated  :laugh:) has becomes old, tiresome and without imagination like Stranger Things 80's nostalgia? Ok then, Stranger Things is Overappreciated. I'm not going to explain why cos you guys are too biased for that.

Glad you enjoyed the show, though.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 14, 2019, 04:22:56 PM
So, the word Overrated (is now overrated  :laugh:) has becomes old, tiresome and without imagination like Stranger Things 80's nostalgia? Ok then, Stranger Things is Overappreciated. I'm not going to explain why cos you guys are too biased for that.

Glad you enjoyed the show, though.

Touched a nerve I guess.

"over appreciated" "overrated" = "It's popular but I didnt enjoy it so the popular opinion is wrong."

What do I know though? I'm just biased because I enjoy the show   :P

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 14, 2019, 04:22:56 PM

I don't have a bias bone in my body!  :P

Seriously....while I'm not crazy about personally using the label overrated - unless in jest, I realize it's a popular figure of speech, albeit it holds no descriptive value. Much like.....'the worst movie ever!'

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jul 14, 2019, 12:01:49 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 14, 2019, 05:46:41 AM
In my opinion, Stranger Things is like Star Wars: a really good movie, then the rest is overrated. I dig the haunting of hill house more.

I probably wouldn't describe season two and three as 'overrated,' but otherwise that's where I stand on the series also. For me, season one is the stand out, and holds significantly higher replay value over the other two.
I'm actually the opposite. I think ST has got better, and I think S3 is better than S2 is better than S1. I'm hoping that if there's an S4 it, continues the trend.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Stitch on Jul 15, 2019, 06:28:57 AM
I think ST has got better, and I think S3 is better than S2 is better than S1.

I'm seeing that same statement on other social media by several people.

I'm with you on part of your statement - season 3 is better than season 2, but season 1 stills the tops for me.

Immortan Jonesy

KiramidHead

I'm going to have to finally watch Season 3, then.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Season 3 was pretty good.  A better follow up than the 2nd season BUT things work better in the third season that were set up in the 2nd. 

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 01, 2019, 01:46:20 AM
I'm going to have to finally watch Season 3, then.

I'll second that.  I've only watched three episodes so far  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TV LineAlthough a rep for the show declined to comment, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that the Duffer Brothers are looking to cast four new male recurring roles, three of which are teenagers and one of which is an adult. The adolescent trio range from a metalhead to an entitled jock to a character that sounds an awful lot like the twin of Fast Times at Ridgemont High stoner Jeff Spicoli. The older guy, meanwhile, possesses characteristics that suggest that he will figure prominently in a certain storyline set far, far away from Hawkins.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAusiello/status/1189969471848382464

razeak

razeak

I think its a great series.  I think 3 had the weakest character development. The song thing was pretty damn cheesy too. Billy was pretty awesome too.

S1 = Alien
S2 = Aliens
S3 = Galaxy Quest

Voodoo Magic

S1 = Matrix
S2 = Matrix Reloaded
S3 = Matrix Revolutions

KiramidHead

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 02, 2019, 02:02:14 AM
S1 = Matrix
S2 = Matrix Reloaded
S3 = Matrix Revolutions

Season 2 wasn't that bad. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed