Stranger Things (Netflix Series)

Started by ace3g, Jun 10, 2016, 04:20:03 AM

Author
Stranger Things (Netflix Series) (Read 19,456 times)

Godzillakuj94

Reminds me of a stringier Muto.

Immortan Jonesy

Reminds me the creature from the mural in Prometheus.

or even...

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 07, 2019, 04:53:22 AM
The Mind Flayer reminded me of the spider ants in Borderlands 2.

Perfect-Organism

Also bothered me that after 2 seasons and all they went through, they don't contact eachother sooner after encounter new strange things.

Isn't it a mind filleter?  As in, it turns your mind into a fillet?  Like a fillet o' fish?   ;D

Perfect-Organism

Well I just finished watching the series.  I have to say that
Spoiler
it is as fun and well done, if not more, than the first two.  I really surprised myself with this.  I was sure it would taper off in terms of quality by now.  Nope.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Very much enjoyed Stranger Things 3. Definitely better than 2 (I enjoyed 2 a lot but it also had some sophomore pitfalls) and perhaps even on par with the first season.

The show is definitely building towards an endgame now. I don't see it going beyond 5 seasons. Hell, I could even see 4 being the end.

Biomechanoid

Stitch

Stitch

Also bothered me that after 2 seasons and all they went through, they don't contact eachother sooner after encounter new strange things.

Reminded me of the enemies from Resident Evil 6

SM

SM

Series 3 was ace.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yep, much better than 2.  I still don't think the series is as good as everybody says it is..............but it is still my favorite series on netflix. 

They need to change up the villian for the next season though.  While I like the comic book formula of having a recurring villian try new ways to beat the good guys, I also like the formula that introduces us to new ones (I did like the Russians as the minor badguys)

I really thought dude who played Billy gave an underrated performance this season.  You can see that his body is betraying the control of the mindflayer when he is under it's influence. 

Will needs more screentime. 

Immortan Jonesy

In my opinion, Stranger Things is like Star Wars: a really good movie, then the rest is overrated. I dig the haunting of hill house more.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 14, 2019, 05:46:41 AM
In my opinion, Stranger Things is like Star Wars: a really good movie, then the rest is overrated. I dig the haunting of hill house more.

I probably wouldn't describe season two and three as 'overrated,' but otherwise that's where I stand on the series also. For me, season one is the stand out, and holds significantly higher replay value over the other two.

The word overrated is overrated. Never was crazy about that forum mantra. When I see it, the first question that pops in my mind is, where does that person see it's being overrated? Never once have I seen a source that confirms a movie or show is overrated.

Kradan

Kradan

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 14, 2019, 05:46:41 AM

I forgot Haunting of Hill House was netflix, I was thinking it was amazon for some reason.

It is the best series.  Most emotional ghost story ever. 

426Buddy

426Buddy

I also dislike the regular overuse of the word "overated". More often than not its just a way of saying "I didn't like this as much as everyone else did", which doesn't make something overated. I've seen a lot of comments calling HoHH overated or worse even though I think its probably the best haunted house story of the last 20 years.

With Stranger Things its broadly popular because it's fun and full of nostalgia. This series has a lot of different monster film influences. This season I noticed a lot of The Thing, The Blob, The Terminator, and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Which means there is a lot for me to love personally. It doesn't take itself too seriously either which makes it pretty easy to watch.

It's not my favorite show but its impossible for me not to enjoy the hell out of it. It's feels like its specifically created for someone my age and with my interests.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed