Katherine Waterston’s Role In ‘Alien: Covenant’ Revealed?

Started by Stolen, Jun 09, 2016, 06:47:48 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston’s Role In ‘Alien: Covenant’ Revealed? (Read 37,035 times)

hfeldhaus

Can't say I'm happy about this news but I wasn't happy about Isolation linking to Ripley. If they are doing this they must justify the decision they've made and not just drop the name in as a link.

Perfect-Organism

I can totally see this being a request from Fox.  Slow facepalm.  With furrowed brows, closed eyes and slowly shaking my head.

Giger Beast

So what are the odds of this actually being true? I know it was requested to be taken down, but maybe Fox just wants to avoid confusion with a false rumor? I hate this idea as much as anyone, but is there any chance we're literally getting upset over something that's not even true?

XenoZipper

It's very possible it could just be over reacting at the moment but the thought of the idea is just horrible & we're mostly hoping it's not true. I remember when the 1st of the new Ninja Turtles came out & Michael Bay said something about them being aliens from space the Turtle community exploded with rage. Of course turned out to not be the case. I'm overly protective of this franchise & just don't want to see it go down this path but if it happens well, what can we do about? Not like any of us will be making the movie we're looking for anytime soon.

Perfect-Organism

Even us guys who want to retcon Alien 3 and 4 to allow for a different telling of an Aliens sequel don't want Ripley's mom included.  This idea is just ridiculous.

Adam802

Another reason why the "prometheus canon" is crap and I will continue to disregard it in my own head-canon.  This is just too "universe-shrinking" and coincidental.  As it stands, I still only consider Alien, Aliens and (as of now) Alien 3 to be canon to me.  No Resurrection, No AVP, No Prometheus, etc.   

Still hopeful/excited for Blomkamp's Alien V.....

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Giger Beast on Jun 11, 2016, 05:30:33 PM
So what are the odds of this actually being true? I know it was requested to be taken down, but maybe Fox just wants to avoid confusion with a false rumor? I hate this idea as much as anyone, but is there any chance we're literally getting upset over something that's not even true?

You've got a point there... it was the website who used the word "spoiler", not Fox.

So, there is still hope that it's not true.

EEV Repairman

Thanks for reminding me of that abomination....(shudder)...i hated that film from the first line of dialogue, they even got that wrong.

Scorpio

I'm not jumping on the hate bandwagon until I see how it plays out, if it's even true.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 11, 2016, 10:59:28 PM
I'm not jumping on the hate bandwagon until I see how it plays out, if it's even true.

Yeah, might as well.  But my alarm bells are ringing.

xenoboners4everyone

xenoboners4everyone

Could FOX just want to avoid confusion over a false rumor? That's still possible is it not?

CainsSon

The only thing that could potentially be good about this idea, is that it may be an element of a cross-sequel direction for the franchise. To me, at the stage the series is at, they really need to have some long term idea for where this is going. Maybe theyve finally noticed?

FreeFacehugz

There was a reason for Amanda to seek out her mother in Isolation. It made sense. Having Ripley's mother shoehorned in before ALIEN sounds like a disaster as far as plot goes. If they really try to link Ripley to the xenos before the Nostromo incident then its gonna be really bad/corny/far fetched and just damage the original.

Scorpio

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Jun 12, 2016, 05:25:20 AM
There was a reason for Amanda to seek out her mother in Isolation. It made sense. Having Ripley's mother shoehorned in before ALIEN sounds like a disaster as far as plot goes. If they really try to link Ripley to the xenos before the Nostromo incident then its gonna be really bad/corny/far fetched and just damage the original.

It will only damage the original if Ridley Scott pulls a George Lucas and changes the original cut of Alien to fit in with the prequels.  Otherwise, you can always just ignore it and watch the original Alien.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 12, 2016, 05:47:36 AM
It will only damage the original if Ridley Scott pulls a George Lucas and changes the original cut of Alien to fit in with the prequels.  Otherwise, you can always just ignore it and watch the original Alien.

I don't see that happening. More likely, the studio will come along some time after Scott is gone and remake the original to move faster and look more contemporary. And it will suck.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 11, 2016, 11:45:18 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 11, 2016, 10:59:28 PM

Yeah, might as well.  But my alarm bells are ringing.

For good reason!

Quote from: Giger Beast on Jun 11, 2016, 05:30:33 PM

50/50 chance. It would not surprise me either way. Ridley claimed there would be a Ripley connection. No one knows what that really means. We're lost in the land of fan theory and speculation. The rumor retraction adds intrigue.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed