Fred Dekker Talks The Predator: Characters, Keeping the Mystery of the Predator and Scope of the Film

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 31, 2016, 12:59:34 PM

Author
Fred Dekker Talks The Predator: Characters, Keeping the Mystery of the Predator and Scope of the Film (Read 30,056 times)

Johnny Handsome

Again, it's not about fixing, it's about adding, it's about having the balls and try to break new ground, the best sequels are the ones that add to the mythology, otherwise you get a knock-off.

Predators obviously have a society with the Elders and stuff, and i find that tremendously interesting, there is much potential there for cool stuff. All that great stuff we wouldn't know if Predator 2 didn't add certain elements it, just like with Aliens, the queen... sometimes you gotta have the balls to move forward and either it works or it doesn't.

Shane Black is no Paul Anderson and he said multiple times he wants to make the Predator creepy and mysterious again, even if they show new stuff, i'm sure it will be in line with the character.

Looks like we just disagree on this though, we want different movies and that's ok. For me, everything looks very promising so far.

426Buddy

I think people are really making some big assumptions about the film, which is fine for discussion, but no one can or should be passing any judgments already.

Once some story information or footage is shown then I think people can start developing an actual feeling on whether or not they like the direction the movie is going. Right now all we have are some generic and vague comments from Black, really nothing solid to go on, and nothing worth forming any negative opinions over.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed