New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2016, 08:45:04 AM

Author
New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre! (Read 53,184 times)

windebieste

"The Universe is information." -Philip K. Dick, VALIS, 1981.

-Windebieste.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: windebieste on May 24, 2016, 04:21:50 AM
"The Universe is information." -Philip K. Dick, VALIS, 1981.

-Windebieste.

;) ;D Ridley is devoted reader of Philip K. Dick.

QuoteIn the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
What is word? Nothing, yet everything. :D

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 24, 2016, 03:41:16 AM
Whoa...

I've read somewhere recently that there is this idea that the fundamental building block of our reality is the "bit".  It is not a unit of matter as we perceive it, but a unit of "information".  You are able to touch things and they appear real, because you are inside this information model.  Much like when you are in a video gamy you can reach out and touch the things around you "in-game" even though they are in fact not real.  They are only information or an idea. We are an idea by extension. NOT ONLY WE, BUT EVERYTHING!

In some ways, this is a comforting thought.  According to the bible, in the beginning, there was the word.  The word is an idea...

Yes. I heard about those theories... I find them very interesting :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Enoch on May 24, 2016, 01:41:43 PM

Bah! He never even read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep!

I believe Phill wasn't really amused when Riddles confessed that to him during a BR preview screening.  :laugh:

LordCassusSnow

Theres a big possibility the movie could end up being completely mediocre. Would'nt get my hopes up too much until we receive the third trailer.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 24, 2016, 02:55:36 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 23, 2016, 09:53:22 PM
Quote from: Enoch on May 23, 2016, 09:33:23 PM
Serpents = Xenos  ;D :o

Expect a lot of symbolism from Covenant... and prepare for a good mystery-horror movie.

Oh crap, isn't that what they're called in the AvP film and in the latest AvP game?

Don't forget "Fire Lizards" in Rage War.

And also "Fire-Dragon" again in Rage War.  :P

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 24, 2016, 04:22:35 PM

I believe Phill wasn't really amused when Riddles confessed that to him during a BR preview screening.  :laugh:

Yes, he didn't read The Martian either. His loss.  :D

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on May 24, 2016, 05:18:51 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 24, 2016, 04:22:35 PM

Yes, he didn't read The Martian either. His loss.  :D

I DON'T READ THE BOOK... THE BOOK READS ME...  :laugh:

Deadmeat

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on May 21, 2016, 01:41:24 AM
Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 20, 2016, 09:37:22 PM
Look at the faces of the more muscular husks. Those are Engineers. See how they all have that distinct nose?? Also, compare this image to the fossilized pilot suits scratching at one of the doors in the installation on LV-223. You know, the ones Fifield said reminded him of a holocaust painting?

Too small to be Engineers IMO, but certainly the image looks like a holocaust

Plus, it is me or there are chains of black goo in this humanoid?

My passion for this film has no limits

Trying to recreate the alien paradise with the scenario editor of an old real-time strategy game

I need a life  :laugh:

Oh my gooooooooooood I still play that game!! Galactic Battlegrounds is one of my all-time favs! <3

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Deadmeat on May 25, 2016, 08:30:35 AM
Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on May 21, 2016, 01:41:24 AM
Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 20, 2016, 09:37:22 PM
Look at the faces of the more muscular husks. Those are Engineers. See how they all have that distinct nose?? Also, compare this image to the fossilized pilot suits scratching at one of the doors in the installation on LV-223. You know, the ones Fifield said reminded him of a holocaust painting?

Too small to be Engineers IMO, but certainly the image looks like a holocaust

Plus, it is me or there are chains of black goo in this humanoid?

My passion for this film has no limits

Trying to recreate the alien paradise with the scenario editor of an old real-time strategy game

I need a life  :laugh:

Oh my gooooooooooood I still play that game!! Galactic Battlegrounds is one of my all-time favs! <3

Great to know that I am not the only one  :laugh:

BringbackJonesy!

Okay, I tried to keep an open mind about the possible settings we were going to get in the PROMETHEUS follow-up, and rather than anything 'Giger-esque', we got an early look at some lush, non-ominous 'New Zealand' backdrops as the likely setting for the 'Engineers' actual homeworld of 'Paradise' (or whatever they themselves call it).

Which is fine, but I'm certainly pleased to see these atmospheric 'dead body' pics now.  It's almost like a hellish scene out of a Hieronymus Bosch painting, and I love the raw, bright lighting we currently see.  I hope Ridley keeps the reveal of these bodies in stark lighting like this, rather than filming them in some 'stylised' colorscheme (or unnatural 'color grading', shudder), as I think coming across these distorted, unfortunate figures in the bright light looks very ominous indeed, with the shadows they currently cast in these shots.

Enoch

Enoch

I was speaking about ideas and theories regarding God, existance, universe and creation. I said that the whole universe is an "illusion" and that the God is in fact an unlimited source of informations (non material and not created "things").
QuoteIn the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word (logos) was God. ~John 1:1
We have Universe and all the planets (objects) inside it, and lifeforms on those planets, but how can number 1 which represent all this, be produced from nothing (from ZERO)? Well I mentioned this ancient Greek cosmology idea which tells us that "Nothing comes from nothing" (nihil fit ex nihilo), and its easy to assume that  all we see and perceive is a simple illusion or better projection of non material pieces or bits of informations stored within higly densed objects (singularity/ black/white holes). Well there is a rather shocking theory which now begins to evolve into something really serious, and that theory shows that all what I said might be "true". That theory is widely accepted now and its called Holographic (theory) principle.
Quotehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle
The "holographic principle" asserts that a mathematical description of the universe actually requires one fewer dimension than it seems. What we perceive as three dimensional may just be the image of two dimensional processes on a huge cosmic horizon (like a horizon of a black hole). And if we introduce black holes into this story then its easy to assume that we are in fact living inside the black hole which horizon store all the informations that produce this 3D space/time hologram. Big bang could have been an imploded (grand) black hole which singularity/ or horizon possessed unlimited information for creation of endless universes and projections. All that could have happened inside other black hole... I will also mention famous  theoretical physicist Nikodem PopÅ‚awski whose theory of black holes states that every black hole is a doorway to another universe and that the Universe was formed within a black hole which itself exists in a larger universe.
Quotehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikodem_Pop%C5%82awski
Remember that word (logos) or bit of information is eternal and indestructible (thats the law of physics) so every projection and complete informations about those projections are eternal and they could be reasembeled again in some other universe withing the master one, and master one is in fact grand black/white hole. I look at this like everything is a grand server, constantly expanding and within master server there are hundreds of other servers (black holes) formed within the master and the next sub level server etc. All of those servers expand because there are unlimited quantities of informations loaded into them. Interesting thing. I wanted to share this with you no matter its not related to Alien whatsoever.

windebieste

'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' may not be a long book - Dick never wrote 'big' books, they just embrace big ideas; and many of them at once - but it's packed to the brim with content.  So much content that 'Blade Runner' is really just the bare bones synopsis of the book.  While I love 'Blade Runner', I'm hoping one day someone will make a truer version of 'DADoES' with all of its ideas in place.

Scott was also Executive Producer on Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle'.  It looks the piece, too. 

Both of these books by Dick cover the main themes that he revisited many, many times in over 30 novels and dozens of short stories:  What is the nature of reality?  ...and what does it mean to be Human? 

Unfortunately, most of Dick's work gets into Hollywood's clutches turns into drivel.  'Total Recall', for example shoves the main reality into the back seat in favor of being yet another action vehicle for Schwarzenegger.  I'm not sure if it's O'bannon's script, but 'We Can Remember it for you Wholesale' is one trippy short story. 

Ash's revelation as an android is very Phil Dickian.  Interestingly, that was one element that the producers made to the 'ALIEN' script.  The film is soooo much better for it.  It's addition gives the movie some much needed depth and richness it desperately needs at that point in the film to drive the film to its endgame scenes.  'ALIEN' would be a much more vacant experience without its inclusion as it tows a whole freight train of implications regarding WY.   I was actually surprised that it wasn't O'Bannon's idea.  He'd obviously read a lot of Dick's work - its seemed natural to be his idea.

'The Man in the High Castle' wins on the television front but the closest I have seen any movie genuinely get to a Dick book is 'A Scanner Darkly'.  Oh, man... that is one menacing and trippy movie. 

-Windebieste.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: windebieste on May 26, 2016, 11:07:18 PM
'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' may not be a long book - Dick never wrote 'big' books, they just embrace big ideas; and many of them at once - but it's packed to the brim with content.  So much content that 'Blade Runner' is really just the bare bones synopsis of the book.  While I love 'Blade Runner', I'm hoping one day someone will make a truer version of 'DADoES' with all of its ideas in place.

Scott was also Executive Producer on Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle'.  It looks the piece, too. 

Both of these books by Dick cover the main themes that he revisited many, many times in over 30 novels and dozens of short stories:  What is the nature of reality?  ...and what does it mean to be Human? 

Unfortunately, most of Dick's work gets into Hollywood's clutches turns into drivel.  'Total Recall', for example shoves the main reality into the back seat in favor of being yet another action vehicle for Schwarzenegger.  I'm not sure if it's O'bannon's script, but 'We Can Remember it for you Wholesale' is one trippy short story. 

Ash's revelation as an android is very Phil Dickian.  Interestingly, that was one element that the producers made to the 'ALIEN' script.  The film is soooo much better for it.  It's addition gives the movie some much needed depth and richness it desperately needs at that point in the film to drive the film to its endgame scenes.  'ALIEN' would be a much more vacant experience without its inclusion as it tows a whole freight train of implications regarding WY.   I was actually surprised that it wasn't O'Bannon's idea.  He'd obviously read a lot of Dick's work - its seemed natural to be his idea.

'The Man in the High Castle' wins on the television front but the closest I have seen any movie genuinely get to a Dick book is 'A Scanner Darkly'.  Oh, man... that is one menacing and trippy movie. 

-Windebieste.

Winde, a few years ago, DADoES was adapted into a graphic novel.  By that I mean it wasn't the same old Bladreunner story, but actually the original novel adapted to the Graphic novel format.  Perhaps there is hope for a film in the future, but it would have big shoes to fill.

Stolen

Concept Art of Prometheus

Infected

How long does this movie need to be? and how much should be shown? or how much info you want on the engineers and the xeno-verse?
i know its still a year away, and Ridley is getting older, if there will be a next one could it be in five years or should he give the stick to someone else? this is and could possibly the last alien movie we will get from Ridley, anyone thought about that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed